Author Topic: Lost, Cold, and Forgotten....  (Read 1125 times)

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Lost, Cold, and Forgotten....
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »
~Hey all.... I'm pausing from my story do to writers blocks and a lack of want to keep entering in information right now... So I am going to put up this little story idea i entered into my cellphone's notepad....  To give you an idea.... Its only 3000 figures long, including periods spaces and such... I had to use words I already knew since a cell phone doesn't really have a spelling function and more of a take a guess....  It took me THREE hours to write... and the phone isn't some fancy new one but an older nokia model with just the standard 8 keys designated to letters, one designated to everything else, one designated to altering the possible words, one for capitalising and one fore spaces....  *cough*

Erm...  It isn't a true story per say but it make on hell of an overview...~

Lost, cold and forgotten... the tale of forgotten bard.

To understand a llife such as this, it is the end... Not the begining that must be understood...

"It has been decided... Are you ready?"  The shaded figure gave no word or acknowledgement, "Fair enough..."  A dark flame engulfed both the speaker and the other, so that only the haunting void remained to fill the silence that is all consuming...

It was on that dark night of the mortal realm...

That the dark one was born, once more, into the realm of man that had slew him.  Only this time... He wasn't trapped in the mortal shackles of flesh and blood and bone...  It was a dark bane on humanity that would be cast into the eulogy of sorrow for eons to come...

And so the harvester of souls was born... Yet his path was not known to him in the dark beginnings.

No more, no less, only the chance to redemption he foolishly asked... From the keeper of souls...

Yet time is no longer of the highest importance to those of the lost and condemed...

It is in this creation, this end...

That one so dark, could be born...

The swordplay was unbelievable... No man could follow this dance of steel without questioning if it was all truly real.  THe challengers knew each other only as master and student, with no other recognition of each other...  Even when the lessons had ended and the true life had begun...  A bond no one could see beyond thier own outer appearance:  A drow and a human.  Two rival races that would rather send the other into the very fires of hell, than fight side by side as master and student...  In the grand city of the elves... Doing what all races thought was impossible.  Yet the human was a good master, and the drow a better student.  For ten years of study they fought...

Then they traveled the lands, keeping clear of the human kingdom for obvious reasons, and traveling where their skill was of obvious need.  As their fortune would have it, they could never truly leave the surface elves and their kingdom for good...  For there was a war between the elves and humans and loyalties had been streched...  And as the drow warrior fought to help the elves, the master was left to sit in the royal prison, until conflicts were resolved...  But unforseen tragity struck, as a lone human assassin managed to enter the castle and kill the entire royal family in their sleep.

It wasn't until the war had ended, and the drow returned, that she discovered her master had been punished for the deed he had not committed...  The man was blind and sentenced to hang, but the drow demanded otherwise...  Had it not been for her glorious display during the war, such a request would have been denied.  Instead, the drow left the elf kingdom with her blind teacher, and set out for the only, unfortunet, option left to her at this time...  The drow kingdom, and the only place where the darker arts of healing could help her master and only friend...

But the drow, like humans, were not friendly with the others...

~*pant* That's it... word for word...  I feel that makes a great summary or layout for the actual story, don't you think?~
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
Re: Lost, Cold, and Forgotten....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »
Indeed, it's builds up a nice story.
That one so dark, could be born...

The swordplay was unbelievable... No
this portion barely links though. In a way, it's left hanging. but that might be done so on purpose? I guess I'm just not liking that so much.
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
sharp as ever...  It's an intentional cut away...  If it had a smooth transition it wouldn't be as haunting as some lich or spectral being where time and place no longer run the tangible one way line that we percieve... that and I just took a direct quote from a cell phone's note pad...  I'm sure the switch would be easier if i wasn't hard placed to put an idea down in 3000 characters or less.
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »
lol, you can always edit it to make it better next time =)
well, it doesn't have to be very smooth, but in a way it's like what was said in shakugan no shana(an anime): Imagine standing on a piece of land, suddenly the land disappears and you fall. you'll be surprised. but if the land is turned to ice, and slowly melts, you'd be less surprised.

at least, give something about the sudden jump =X
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 03:15:18 PM »
i might... the whole actuall written story is under wraps for now...  im using the cellphone notepads as a kind of outline.
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.