Author Topic: Pseudo Classical piece  (Read 1360 times)

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Pseudo Classical piece
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:32:45 PM »
So, I'm prolly going to college for music composition! Yay!!!!

So I made this piece for my audition, it's sort of a Mozart style. (Sorry, I can only do MIDI right now.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:41:21 PM by abigailian »
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Pseudo Classical piece
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:56:01 PM »
Majoring in music composition? That's pretty awesome, I didn't see that coming. o: You should post more of your songs, they're really good from what I heard before.

Can't play the file at the moment though, will do so right after I get home later.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 12:11:18 AM »
Okay, I've listened to it now. That's pretty cool, there's a lot of neat things you did in there. The style sounds like Mozart crossed with Beethoven, heheh.
-0:34 & 1:25 sounded really off.
-Nice little modulation there at 0:52ish, had a refreshing feel to it.
-The B section was pretty contrasted, had a nice mood shift. Some of the parts here sounded a bit clustered, but I think that's mainly due to the midi not having a human touch.
-Transition back to A section is well done.
-The final ending was decent but I thought there was a part closely before it that might've been even better as the final ending.

Good stuff! Keep us updated on if you do end up going to college for music composition. :~ I'll be jealous!

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 02:19:06 AM »
Thanks for the compliments, Kan. I'm going to try and upload a .mus, because this song is actually a lot of fun to play.

Actually, I'm REALLY glad Legacy had me compose for Darkness Rebirth, because I knew I wanted to be a composer, but it had been almost a year since I'd written anything. Honestly, at this point that's really the best stuff I have, so if you listen to those, you'll hear basically everything I've written recently.

I will definitely keep you guys updated on composition/college stuff. I'm so excited to be finally moving on and getting to study interesting stuff. :D
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »
Great work Abi, I really like the piece, especially between about 0:51 -1:11, really great melody there, and the transition is smooth enough so it doesnít feel jarring (which it does in many classical-themed music), but clear enough of a transition that the song doesnít feel monotonous, wandering, and overly liner (not in the regular musical sense of the word linear). I also really like the section between 1:50 Ė 2:50! Doesnít have much impact in a MIDI, but it would sound totally AWESEOM preformed on a grand piano. Any chance we could get the sheet music for this song? Iíd really love to learn to play it, itís well done, and the left hand is a chord progression (to me, a song feels weird to play if the left hand isnít mainly a chord progression), and it uses theme repetition, yet has enough variance that it could be freaking AWESOME on a piano. (yes, I am so excited about this, I forgot basic grammar, XD)

P.S. glad asking you to compose for me helped, ^_~