Author Topic: Screenshot Thread  (Read 201332 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Screenshot Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »
Well here's my screenie.

Spoiler: show

It's one of the skills "???" unleashes in the prolouge, when surrounded by a bunch of enemies. Needless to say, they die, XD (the purple tint is because of the attack)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
@Aska:
Very nice, I like the concept. The sparkles are pretty appropriate to the setting and adds a nice touch. I'm not sure if that fog is fitting though, but that's kind of a personal opinion. It may be better to carve out an empty space from the flowers in the middle for the statute by the way.

@Legacy:
Lol, did Kim Jong-il drop a nuke there? :P Nice effect, must be a hefty animation pic if it's fully animated.

Sleepy Weasel

• Tier 2
  • Weasels!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 09:39:21 PM »
@Askalon - I like the map, although the "palm tree" sort of shadow on the water looks a little funny, with so little amount of trees near the water

(Or maybe you have a canopy over the map that we can't see)

@Legacy - Great job! You can't have any good game without a big explosion  :P :seraismile: ;D that looks like a great map, although it's hard to tell with a big purple cloud in the center of the screen  :kardiansmile:

This is a screen from my new game Hawk eyes, maybe I'll post a thread up on this forum   :reivsmile: ;D :seraismile: :vikonsmile: :D but for now it stays on my computer  :o -cuss-

Well here's my screen, it has two because it's an interior scene during a cut scene, one has the text and the other doesn't

With text:

Without text

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »
@Askalon

What is the fog actually is supposed to represent? I can't really image anything in that shape. What mood is this map supposed to convey, in your game context?

Also, for the middle island, it's rectangular shape makes it look a little out of place. Try considering a square or fat-cross shape, so it feels more balanced on all sides. Another little detail is the three flowers that are lined up on the bottom, a little too symmetrical in this case. It is still a beautiful map though.

@legacy

Yay for flashy animations.

@Sleepy

The mayor, a respectable and mature man, looks like a kid with a fake mustache and puppy eyes. Use another set of eyes of facemaker. It's brown color doesn't seem to fit so much with his hair either. The map, being all rectangular, doesn't feel very dynamic room-wise. The people in it does, though. You can consider cutting part of the stage, since it would practically not be entirely used (stages are more square-ish).

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 12:17:31 AM »
@sleepy: sure looks like there are a lot of unnecessary stuff on the stage, after all I thought most of the time stages are kept clean and neat?
@askalon: I prefer circular islands =X anyway it does feel out of place since it's shaped so perfectly rectangular...

meh, random comments from someone who knows nuts about RPG-making =P
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 12:31:02 AM »
@Sleepy:
Aye, it's pretty tricky to do old-looking faces with facemaker. I think changing the face and putting in some slimmer eyes then lift them up a bit may help. I think it may be better to shrink the room a bit, that way it's easier to fill it up without looking too blank. I like how you're using the table tile as a stage, very creative!  :reivsmile:

Another Lyra's Melody title screen ss, more refined this time:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:43:32 PM by legacyblade »

HarryE

• Tier 5
  • Fall in a more hard-boiled manner
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 06:07:07 AM »
At last, I've continued some work on LoZ, kay. And I've got some lovely overworld for you.

WARNING: This is a very big file.
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com/harry/FatenoCliffside.jpg
Thanks again, Reives!

That's a very small community in the eastern part of the map. Goblins who have abandoned Keseenth have fled and made their homes in the mountains.

I wouldn't count this as a "proper" town. I never really intended it to be. It's just a stopping-off station because there's a dungeon nearby. All that's in the caves are an Item shop, a weapon shop, an Inn, and a main cave. A sort of "Mayor's house" if you will.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:09:46 AM by HarryE »

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »
It does look like the pic crashed halfway during upload. But there's isn't anything else at the bottom right? The community is there after all.

Well, it certainly is above the average cliff-side map. I really like how smooth the cliff blends into the water - is it animated? At some places (left) you use grass though. Not that it's bad, but it's often so thin it looks  awkward. You could make it larger or edit the tiles so that the water is at a relatively equal distance from the cliff (when it's horizontal it's much thinner than at curves).

soranokira

• Tier 7
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »
man I'm going to have fun walking all over the place.
looks laggy like what path said.
and, woot horsey. I see some bad-ass looking monsters.
what's with the holes though?

HarryE

• Tier 5
  • Fall in a more hard-boiled manner
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »
I suppose now isn't a good time to mention that that's actually split into three different maps. That's why it looks like it's partially loaded in the bottom right and top left.

Map 1
Map 2
Fallatham Edge

@zeka: No, the cliff is not animated. And the thing with the grass is partially intentional, because of that little spit of land there in the middle. I suppose I should merge it better somehow.

@Sora: Those little holes are meant to be makeshift windows.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »
@Sora: Those little holes are meant to be makeshift windows.
It might be a better idea to put in windows from an RTP town in or something, it's not really convincing as it is now.  Creative, per se, but not immediately recognizable.  At first I thought they would be holes for some kind of "dodge the falling rocks" minigame.
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 09:02:01 PM »
But again, I doubt goblins would use window.

How about make some of the windows animated so one in a while a citizen sticks his head out?

Nessiah

• Tier 3
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 03:58:17 AM »
I'll post mine ^w^
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:43:45 PM by legacyblade »

soranokira

• Tier 7
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14:02 AM »
at first glance, it looks a lot like Alter A.I.L.A, even the poses are the same (at least, in battle)
even the bg looks like the final battle where the main guys battle with A.I.L.A, space-like.

and @ Harry:
they don't really look like windows >_< besides, don't you think there are way too many windows?
and strangely enough, I don't see any caves that can lead to the other cave to get the chest, does it have to do with that door-like portal thing?(middle of map)

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
@Harry: Whoa, this IS a huge map. The three maps are already huge. Most have been a lot of work. It think it a lot of fun just to walk through the map(s). They look very good, really.

@Nessiah: Very interesting. Reminds me of very old games (Jump'n'Run etc.). The panorama makes a good effect. Nicely done. :)