Author Topic: "Interpuratashunz" (Spoilers)  (Read 8598 times)

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
"Interpuratashunz" (Spoilers)
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »
So I finally got around to playing this.  Here's what I think the story is.  It's quite simillar to Volrath's thoughts, but anyway~

It's a nuclear war.  If you look at the map at the beginning of the game it looks like the world today.  Later, part of the map dissapears.  Eventually there's only two continents.  Shortly after the computer message "I have to go now" there's only one continent left.  And that destroyed continent was where the message came from.  That fire?  That was another of the bombs from "Birdy" the warplane (doesn't really fit as it looks to actually be a bird at the end, though).  The fact Leah is trapped in her house is for protection.  And of course, not long after there's only one continent left on the map, the birdy says that he's coming.  And that's just before the end of the game.  Guess why.  At the end she joins the birdy; ever wonder why she's shooting downward in the emoticon ( :pewpewpew:) and sprite?  Perhaps the creepiest part is that the entire world is destroyed in one day.  So this theory explains everything but birdy being a bird, and that the girl wanted the birdy to come and yet shot herself at the end.  "A birdy landed on the water today" shows that the war begins (and ends!) in that one day.

Sweet game Reives.  Any thoughts on my thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:55:34 PM by KRoP »
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: "Interpuratashunz" (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 03:51:23 PM »
Very interesting. I can't comment much on the actual theory, but to the bird being a bird at the end - While it was seen as an actual bird, it still doesn't have to be. Many things that happened in the game do not make sense if they were physically and literally taken. I say that the bird's existance at the end doesn't contradict the rest of the theory here. 
:pewpewpew:

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
Only now am I able to understand that emoticon. :x
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
Heheh, well maybe some day there'd be a TML forum theme that you can select too. :P

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
But right now we only have one theme. :l

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »
o.0 nice interpretation...
but as usual, the shrug of god huh.
and well, I guess it's because this forum is still somewhat small, so there's only 1 skin...
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 02:10:29 PM »
A review of this game on RMN:

"You find "61|5491" written on a painting, and another message makes reference to an occassion "past June". July 16 1945 was the date of the first atomic bomb test in New Mexico."

It fits my idea perfectly, awesome.
http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/761/reviews/358/

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 01:11:06 AM »
 :-X

Forgotten_Bard

• Tier 7
  • Darkness2399
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 01:40:08 AM »
My take on it is that the girl was sappose to do something or a task for another figure (maybe a government or higher up) and when the time came she went awohl and turned her back on the person that hired her in the first place.  So at the end, the part with the "birdie" and she is flying...  :pewpewpew:

Is really her using what she was sent to neutralise to backstab those that ordered her to destroy it in the first place...
A letter, a word
A sentence, a paragraph
A page, a story
A book, a novel.
They all mean so little when you can't take time to put your soul into the work.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 01:12:03 AM »
*shrug* My opinion here isn't really worth more than your's. :p But sure, makes sense. Doesn't really mean the other interpretations are "wrong" or anything though.

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 08:18:40 AM »
well it's definite that Reives is going to give you the thing many authors like to give fans.

either way, we'll probably uncover everything at the end...
I hope you don't try something funny like leaving super ambiguous things at the end though Reives. Especially not like the debate over the anime Code Geass, whether is Lelouch dead or alive.....

Even if you don't watch that anime, just know that there are so many ambiguous points that can 'prove' either side of the argument, that Lelouch(main character) did die, or did not die. Which in a way, kinda sucked.
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 04:32:29 AM »
My thoughts are that the girl is desperately trying to reach something that she perceives to be a friend and wants it desperately (Birdie) but others can see that it can cause her harm. When they're trying hard to convince her about it, she rejects them and sinks into paranoia, thinking that the others are trying to seperate her from "Birdie". She draws further and further away from reality, and draws up her own world where she can live with "Birdie", but the persuasion of the others traps her inside, causing her world to become a house with no exits. Trying hard to reach Birdie, she waters the plant, which represents all the efforts she tries to put in. The telephone calls were actually the others' attempts to reach Leah and pull her back to reality, but due to Leah's paranoid self she perceives their attempts as threats, like the threatening phone calls and fire. In the end, she finally reaches Birdie, but the "Birdie"'s harmful effects have finally taken place, harming (represented by Leah killing herself) her inside and destroying all the imaginations she has created, pulling her into oblivion.

So basically, to me it seems like a representation of a mental illness. ^^; Paranoia and delusion.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »
Or maybe Reives just throw in random things to make this game creepy and is watching us giggling what we make up with them!

You got some good points KRoP and Aki!
  :vikonsmile:<-- even Vikon thinks you found out the real meaning of it, both of you!

Btw: I think this short game was nice, only the ending a bit disappointing.
My favourites: the ringing phone and going to sleep while the house is burning.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:24:14 PM by Thunderbird »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Kirroha

• 僕はとてもきれいな人だよ!
  • Tier 7
  • ... or so I heard.
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 03:35:34 AM »
I think Sizzle's interpretation is the best... that The Mirror Lied is actually an M-18 game.