Author Topic: Winter All Around  (Read 5358 times)

zekallinos

• Tier 5
Re: Winter All Around
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 11:54:34 AM »
I had pretty much the basic outline planned down before commencing, yes. It was intentional that the father doesn't find it's way because...

Spoiler: show
Did you look carefully at the panorama at the end scene? It's Hiverland (Winter in french = Hiver) mentionned at the beginning and by a NPC somewhere. That'd also explain the "sudden temperature drop" since Hiverland is supposed to be eternally/permanently frozen land. Since I don't expect too much attachment to characters in 30 minutes (I personally find reunited scenes boring), I thought that would make a bigger impact to have him be so close to his dream.

(Thanks for playing btw)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:58:35 AM by zekallinos »

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
  I continually get a 'Script is hanging error' after the father says he should be careful not to be blinded by the sun in Hiverland.  I've run through the cutscene four times with the same error at the same place.  If you have any idea what's causing this, let me know.  Thanks!
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »
Not surprising, that's the NeoMode7 part  -cuss-. Although that never happened to me. Do you see the map? Or does nothing load at all? How long does it wait after giving you that message? What are your computer specs? Sometimes that happens with an infinite loop, although it'd be hard to fix it in this case.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 12:04:24 AM »
  It doesn't change maps after the text box; it just freezes there for a couple seconds before having an error pop up.  Although I haven't tried the Neo version of Mode7, I've had at least one version of Mode7 work flawlessly before.  I run a Win. 2000, though, which really speaks for itself (there have been plenty of RMXP scripts that don't work with my computer's source code, however if that was the cause of the problem I'd be getting a different error message altogether, trust me).
  Thanks!
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »
I know that when I had Win2000 I had similar problems, but that one specific error message doesn't tell me where the problem actually is...and since it's not really my script, I really don't know how to fix this one   :angry:

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
.-. I'm sad.

I might run it through a couple more times later, and see if the error message will stop occuring.  Thanks anyway, zeka.