Author Topic: 2 Seconds in December - A rare "encounter"  (Read 2916 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
2 Seconds in December - A rare "encounter"
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:38:59 AM »
I was moved today for the first time in a long time - probably one of the best feelings I've ever gotten in my life; and bewilderingly, it was from practically nothing:

It's been a pretty stressful time lately, crammed with exams as well as some good doses of lacking sleep and breakfast (@Ronov: yeah yeah, I'll listen to your teacher next time :damn: ). So anyhow, today started out as a pretty horrid day, and on top of that I ended up being totally destroyed on the exam that I expected to be the easiest.

And so it was the evening; the sun's already long set and the moon's up pretty high already. I was walking along the side of the road as usual, feeling rather depressed. I looked up the sky to find the moon, which took me a while as the sky was cloudy. When I looked back down, a girl was just passing by me, and we simply exchanged a smile. [And for the record in respect to the next paragraph; she wasn't one of those "one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!!!111" at all.]

Now, I exchange greets/smiles/nods with passer-bys every single day out of politeness - But for some reason, as soon as I passed by her today, something suddenly just bloomed inside of me, and I could almost literally hear music bursting in. It felt as if someone had lifted all the weight off my shoulders instantly. All of a sudden, All of the bad feelings that I had with me just a moment ago, feeling depressed and stressed out, all just disappeared just like that, and I was somehow feeling as happy as I can remember. I don't know what enlightenment feels like, but this was the closest it ever got.

I wanted to turn around and "thank" her, whoever she was; but I was confused as well as figuring that it would be weird, so I just walked on. I now rather regret it.

================================
What I felt and "heard" - in "audible form":

As soon as I got home, I turned on the audio recorder and recorded the music that I "heard" during and after that brief moment. Just hearing it I know that it's a very generic melody and probably used in a dozen of J/C-pop songs, but I don't really care for that right now, as I wanted to make what I felt there into something perceivable.

This was the tune I "heard" in my head that I immediately recorded when I got back:
Click here to hear Reives sing the mock-up melody

(Warning: Bad singing included.)
^Just the mock-up idea I started working with.

After a couple of hours of working with it, I composed this short section based on chord progressions that would accompany that melody (Major Work-In-Progress):
Click here to hear the WIP of the actual composition from this (without melody).

And here's the tainted version; AKA with voice mock-up, just to get a feel of how they sound together.
Click here to hear the that WIP with (bad) mock-up singing of melody; demo to what it sounds like together.

(Warning: Bad singing & mixing included again. Again, just a mock-up to show. :x )

If I do end up making a complete song out of this, I'll probably change the melody if necessary to avoid clashes with the most generic melodies, but the accompaniment should be fine as is. I probably will, as I want to have something that reminds me of what I felt back there.

P.S. I'm still confused. Anyone else had these completely random enlightenment moments before?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 08:06:24 AM by Question Mark? »

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
Re: 2 Seconds in December - A rare "encounter"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:26:52 AM »
o.0 not me >_> lol did u like suddenly fall in love for 2sec or something?

btw if you're 'gonna thank her', don't, cos she'll think you're crazy for thanking her out of the blue >_>

and somehow, this title reminded me of a warm-hearted animation movie called 5 centimeters per second.
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 03:49:27 AM »
Lol, it wasn't even in a romantic way. It was just feeling content in a general aspect. I don't really know; no idea how to describe. D:

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24:11 AM »
There are some things you cannot explain. Maybe psychologist can, but in this case I believe that itís the best not to think too much about the how. Iím happy for you and it was definitely a good idea to create something, that reminds you later. This is a happening youíll remember forever and the music will make you nostalgic.

I cannot explain how it happened, bit itís good that it happend. I donít believe in fate or good, but neither do I think that humans are able to explain everythink. Try not to question you feelings; it wonít make you happier. Itís best as it is.
I had never such a moment, but similar feelings without a clear origin.

soranokira

• Tier 7
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »
>_> supernatural stuff? lolx.
but I guess so, sometimes things can happen without a clear of understanding/grasp of what had happened.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 11:15:18 AM »
>_> supernatural stuff? lolx.
but I guess so, sometimes things can happen without a clear of understanding/grasp of what had happened.
No supernatural stuff.
Unexpected stuff that seems to be very special and not explainable.

JJ the pingu

• Tier 6
  • pingus can talk too!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »
reives is in  :-*
no comment

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 02:01:44 PM »
Eh, again, it wasn't in a "fate" or even romantic at all, and has nothing to do with "love at first sight" or whatnot. It was just like, all the negative feelings were just suddenly removed, and there was just a sudden overtake of blissful feel that didn't involve anything romantic.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
Eh, again, it wasn't in a "fate" or even romantic at all, and has nothing to do with "love at first sight" or whatnot. It was just like, all the negative feelings were just suddenly removed, and there was just a sudden overtake of blissful feel that didn't involve anything romantic.

There are no words to describe some feeling, but I think I understood you.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »

Was it crush, then? I can't even think of a word that suits perfectly to your definition above...but its good to know you're hokay.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
No of course it wasn't a crush. |: While it was from that incident, the actual blissful feeling had nothing to do with her.

koon no kami

• Tier 4
  • ya rly!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 07:30:36 PM »

P.S. I'm still confused. Anyone else had these completely random enlightenment moments before?

um... orgasm, i guess =D but that's not really "completly random"....  :whaaa?: :KPHH:
nyanyanya~!

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 07:35:14 PM »
I kinda expected that reply from somewhere sooner or later. :p

soranokira

• Tier 7
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
lol-ness.
a feeling of contentment from exchanging a smile with a passerby.
maybe we actually experienced such stuff before but forgot about it >_>