Author Topic: Memento  (Read 1302 times)

Green Dragon

• Tier 7
  • Finally unbound from my shackles, weak humans
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Memento
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:07:29 PM »
I don't seem like the person to make something with that title, but I did. It is no piece of music, no drawing, or no poem. No, it is what the title say... A memento of a special person in my life, that meant a lot to me, but unfortunatly is no longer in this world. To get in the right mood for this, I had to listen to two songs, that always seem to bring my mood a little down.
First of all, I listened to "Arekara" from the Sore ga Ai deshou albom, and Breeze, from here.
It may sound stupid, but it is in memory of my old dog, who had to be put down, due to cancer.
Just for your information, then it was never meant to rhyme. EVER. That's why it doesn't.

If there were only a time for us to stay, and for life to be enjoyed to its fullest.
The world is great as long as weíre together, but the problem is that we arenít.
We are far apart, divided by the great ocean, and the time gone by.
We canít dwell in the past, yet we should never forget the time, that we spend together.
I would wish that I could hold you, even if for a brief moment, but such thing would never come true. Dreams are never fulfilled, things never change, and the birds never sing that song. My dreams take me back to that day, I lost you, and where my cry echoed through time, and I was filled with sorrow and despair. I shed a tear that day, and whenever I think back on you. I never knew happiness, before I lost it all. Before I lost you.
Your unparalleled beauty always took me by a surprise, and your gentle nature were the highlight on my bad days. Your smile filled me with joy, and when I looked into your deep, brown eyes, I saw a truth I had never seen before.

I loved you, and I lost you. We never talked it through. Whenever I was down, you were there for me, and now youíre forever gone.
If I could, I'd turn back time, forget it all and leave this mess behind.
If I could, her love would always be around.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Memento
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
I went to listen to Arekara on youtube as you mentioned while reading this, and aye, it certainly comes through. I've never got to have a pet myself, but I can imagine how sad it is too lose one that has been with you for all those time. When did this happen? Just recently?

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
sometimes losing a close pet is similar to losing a close friend.
Can understand how you feel.
But then life and death is natural. We'll just have to accept it.
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Green Dragon

• Tier 7
  • Finally unbound from my shackles, weak humans
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:46:25 AM »
It actually happened several years ago. I'll never forget the day, it died. They took it to the vet, and in the moment that they put her down, I felt really ill. I guess that's how close, you can grow to your dog.
I will never forget her, and whenever I'm down, I think back on the time, that we had together. My new dog certainly helped filling the void again, but it wasn't the same as my Bella.

When I come to think of it, it's a quite funny order that we got our dogs in. First Bella, and then Luna.
They are and were certainly beautiful moons. By the way, Luna is still alive.
If I could, I'd turn back time, forget it all and leave this mess behind.
If I could, her love would always be around.