Author Topic: All professionalism aside...  (Read 3804 times)

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
All professionalism aside...
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:01:22 AM »
Thank you for stopping by!

Really, thank you for giving Quintessence TBV a chance.

As you know, this project is an absolutely free project with no monetary earnings of what so ever, and I intend to keep it that way. (Well, perhaps open up a donation to repay the website registration fee sometimes.) And hence, the only pay off for my countless hours of work on the said project is knowing that people have enjoyed its fruits from the endeavor.

If you have enjoyed Quintessence - TBV, feel free to recommend it to those that you know who might like it. A lot of the traffic for discussion are caged in the thread of other game making forums, and I would really appreciate any growth of this home forum that was recently constructed. I am currently making an effort in promoting the project on non-RMXP forum communities, in hope that it would attract some more visitors here. :)

So, thanks again, and here's to the future completion of Quintessence - TBV!

Kan Gao

Project Director

P.S. And a shout out to Quintessence's primary music composer, James Q. Zhang! And if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have started composing too. D:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 08:53:04 PM by quintess »

mccdlibby

• Tier 2
Re: All professionalism aside...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »
Quote from: "quintess"

If you have enjoyed Quintessence - TBV, feel free to recommend it to those that you know who might like it.

As long as this game gets promoted well, there will be a lot more people playing it.  This is by far one of the best RMXP games to date and people would be insane or have to hate RPGs to not like it.

Arwym (آرویم)

• Keeper of the Fantasy
  • Forum Technician
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: Arwym#6091
  • Twitter: arwym
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »
My community, Project Fantasy, is mainly a group of roleplayers and fantasy fans.  I haven't made a post yet, but my plan is to promote games like yours in there, because I know they'll truly enjoy playing RPG's with amazing storylines like Quintessence.  Therefore, count with my support to spread the word about this wonderful project.

[Please do not PM me for forum support, unless it is a private matter.]

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 02:00:07 PM »
Much thanks guys! I have to admit, I probably won't have the fuel to keep going if it weren't for people like you. :)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:06:24 PM »
Hm, I have thought about this. Basically, my personal main reason of trying to promote this is so that more people will come here for discussion, so you guys won't feel deserted. Now that I think of it, I believe it's much more beneficial to actually get the game done than receiving false hype... after all, those who enjoys the game enjoys to play it, right? :)

mccdlibby

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:01:12 AM »
I for one enjoy every part of Quintessence.  The music is beautiful along with the graphics and everything is so well placed.  The music really sets the mood well for this game.  I could seriously play through to chapter 4 and then replay each chapter again, this game will be the basis for all RMXP RPGs, at least that how I feel about it.  I believe so many ideas will be taken from this game and implemented into other games.  Everything from the type of music, to the different graphical resources, to just the placing of the different resources to set the mood of the current situation, which Quintessence does very well.  I believe this game will be almost like a tutorial for beginners and even some veterans to RMXP.  A tutorial in the sense that it will show people how RPGs really should be.  I can tell you have put a lot of time and effort into this game, that I thank you for.  This really shows in your work.

So from now on, by now I mean when I first played Quintessence, I am a fan to really any game that is created by your team. 

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »
Heheh, thanks, I'm flattered. :) There are many other excellent RPGs out there, though. I believe Quintessence excels in the scenario aspect, where as RMXP games such as MotW excel in game-play. There are many things to be learned by me from other games as well, as we all have our edge of specialization. :)

James QZ

• Composer
  • Composer
  • Tier 4
    • Composer's Biography
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »
Much thanks guys! I have to admit, I probably won't have the fuel to keep going if it weren't for people like you.

yea, and the composer lol. jk jk.

Yea kan, we're all here for ya, btw, when is the second of the Quintessence triology comes out??
I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »
When I get enough sleep from slave labouring the first one.

James QZ

• Composer
  • Composer
  • Tier 4
    • Composer's Biography
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 10:30:54 PM »
so how many more OSTs do you want? 521?
I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

Jellyrebel

• Tier 6
  • Jelly Belly
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 08:10:26 PM »
Much thanks guys! I have to admit, I probably won't have the fuel to keep going if it weren't for people like you. :)
"people like you" he means me, especially. ;D

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »
so how many more OSTs do you want? 521?
We're good actually, between you and me (and Kevin's one song) we got over 30 original tracks. :> Although a lot of them are different versions of one song, etc. But right now I'm not seeing too much of a need for anything.

optioned

• Tier 3
  • Call me Lord_Bones
    • YouTube Channel
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 01:39:12 PM »
your game, sells it self!

Its as good as a platform game!

Though, i still will promote this big style!