Author Topic: Gloom  (Read 2256 times)

koon no kami

• Tier 4
  • ya rly!
Gloom
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:46:01 PM »

I've started to make a small mystery / horror RPG ^,^  (Project name is "Nostalgic" but I might call the final version "Gloom" )

It shouldn't get too big, maybe 16 MB, 30 min / 40 min to play through.

Inspired from the mirror lied, yet again - completly different ( and it will probably not be half as good )
yet, the concept and idea is something new ( i haven't seen any game with that concept yet, not that i remember )
and so, it really might be some slightly creepy fun with odd puzzle /riddle action. XD
development shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks ( if i can force myself to finish it )
And yeah that's it...

Besides 2 RMXP autotiles, it's made COMPLELY from customized RO graphics. XD
It won't have much of a BGM, mostly sounds... =w=

WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT "GLOOM" ?

Spoiler: show

Mystery- and Horror realms as we know them. You find yourself in a place or House, it's really old and dark - there seems to be noone there but you. Lonelyness... despair... fear. Riddles to solve... sometimes, you encounter some monster or ghosts and maybe you're even able to defend yourself by killing them. (Hey, it's already been like that in "PacMan". )
BUT... what if it's the other way around? What, if YOU are one of those ghosts? What if YOU ARE the riddle?

What if you wake up in a place and can't remember who you are, or why you are dead...
And if all you feel is : you have to contact someone random to show him where your dead body lies? To find answers.

Gloom ( Nostalgic ) brings you exactly this situation.
A small ghost girl,  trapped in a room, in a house. She has awakened and can now even pass walls.
However, for some reason, she is only able to pass eastern walls - most other things block her way
as if she was a normal person. Yet, touching items she finds in the house often gives her trouble.
If she tries too long, she loses her awareness and soon finds herself in a strange alternate world of
darkness and nightmares.

The good thing is, no matter what happenes, she can not die... ( you guessed it, she is already dead. )

Will she be able to enravel her past? That's up to you.

The unknown Girl.
Can't remember her past and has a blurred mind.
She must have been quite pretty when she was alive,
even in ghost form she looks quite doll-like.
However she looks creepy enough to scare any person off by only her presence.
Being a ghost, a living human can absolutely not understand what she is trying to say.
And she is not able to understand what a human is telling her with words.
Yet there will be a way to communicate, there must be...

a screen

nyanyanya~!

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Gloom
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »
This looks really neat, I'll definitly want to see.

koon no kami

• Tier 4
  • ya rly!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »
...thanks Ruzu! ^^

you won't have to wait too long ^^  i'll try to finish it quickly.
(then again, you'll probebly run over some bugs but oh well ^^; )
nyanyanya~!

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:01:09 AM »
This sounds like fun. It's a great idea to change the standard perspective and I'm really curious.
The drawing of the unknown girl has the right atmosphere and the room looks "gloomy".
I think you'll be able to make a very good game of that kind, because it seems that you really like those mystery/horror games. Plus you have the right touch for the atmosphere.

Good luck, I'll eagerly await this game ^_^

Erichermit

• Tier 4
    • Facebook for Pelagic Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
I think it looks rather neat as well, but I'd recommend recoloring that ceiling tile as it seems to clash with the surrounding tiles.

koon no kami

• Tier 4
  • ya rly!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 06:51:52 AM »
Thanks for all the comments ^^

Well, I'll try to make it a neat game =w=

I think it looks rather neat as well, but I'd recommend recoloring that ceiling tile as it seems to clash with the surrounding tiles.

Oh, that's right - but that's an autotile - i have no idea how to recolor those. orz
nyanyanya~!