Author Topic: Climbing the Ladder - my first non-incidental piece!  (Read 2568 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Climbing the Ladder - my first non-incidental piece!
« on: November 30, 2008, 01:07:50 AM »
This is pretty much my first non-incidental/mood-oriented, music-for-the-sake-of-music music.  :reivsmile: It is also relatively more complex than my usual stuff due to that, as there's more freedom to go out of mood-bound rules.

I imagine that it is also quite hard to play, probably on-par with Concerto in D Major by James on that sense.
I actually added some fake sound effects like foot steps as the "performer" (say, Lunair :P ) comes onto the stage to the piano, and applauses. I sent it to James and told him it was a random live recording I found of some random piece, and he totally believed me, hahah.

Anyhow, here it is:
"Climbing the Ladder" - Kan [Reives] Gao
http://freebirdgames.com/Climbing_the_Ladders-KanRGao.mp3

[I really had no idea what I was writing to be honest; sharps and flats confused me so much that I didn't know what key I was in and just relied on ears. :x ]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:57:16 AM by Question Mark? »

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: Climbing the Ladder - my first non-incidental piece!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:37:57 AM »
I'm kind of surprised he believed you with that To Realize allusion right at the beginning.

Super fun piece! Me likey.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 02:05:06 AM »
@Path:
Eh, whatcha mean?

@Abi:
Aye, but he isn't that familiar with To Realize tbh since he mainly just helps with music and doesn't play the game much. :P

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:46:11 AM »
Me likes. The to realize melody is in almost all of your songs, XD Gotta love it. (sorry, tired right now)

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »
I'm totally trying it!
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:49:08 PM »
I uploaded the sheet music - if anyone wants it, just send me a PM and I'll send ya the link. (Don't wanna put these things in the public :p )

Some parts of it require playing the top staff with the left hand, and also there might be parts where you have to take out some notes as your left hand's busy and the right hand can't stretch across all the notes.

It's a .tif - when you view it in Microsoft Image Viewer or something, on the bottom there's a "1" with an arrow-ish icon next to it; pressing that will go to the next page within that single file. There are 5 pages in total (although the 5th one is just like one bar; such a waste of page).