Author Topic: Black screen, kick to desktop and issue with ntdll.dll  (Read 449 times)

Caban

• Tier 2
Black screen, kick to desktop and issue with ntdll.dll
« on: April 30, 2019, 08:13:55 PM »
I have a problem with Finding Paradise bought on GOG. It just don't launch on my new laptop with Windows 10, while works perfectly fine on old one with W7. When I try to run the game I get black screen and after second kick to desktop without any warning. In even viewer I see something like this: https://imgur.com/a/TKt7UwX. I did some research and found out that people have this problem with beta steam version. But on GOG there's only one version! Moreover A bird story and To the moon works as they should on this new rig (GE73 Raider RGB 8RF), same with minisodes and other free games avaiable from Freebird games like Quintessence. As you can see problem lies in ntdll.dll but libraries are ok, I scanned them with sfc/scannow some time ago. I tried different compatibility modes, nothing helps. Any idea how to run it on new laptop or I'm forced to play on old one?
Cheers!

Caban

• Tier 2
Re: Black screen, kick to desktop and issue with ntdll.dll
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 11:56:08 PM »
Ok folks, I found way to play it on my new laptop. I just had to uncheck auto-updates in GOG Galaxy and choose previous version of the game. Newest build added polish language but caused game to crash, older version with .rgssad file replaced with one from this forum works fine. :)

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Black screen, kick to desktop and issue with ntdll.dll
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:13:10 AM »
Thanks for posting the solution, I will notice Kan that somethign might have gone wrong in the patch.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.