Author Topic: Enjoy story-driven games? If you have 4 min we'd love your input for our title!  (Read 576 times)

chilakiller

• Tier 2
  • Video game designer, founder of Imertual
  • Current Mood: happy happy
  • Discord ID: 545014394053066752
  • Twitter: FJavierRayon
Hi gang! I'm the founder of Imertual, a story-driven video game startup. We're very inspired by To the Moon.

What would you like to see in a game focused on story? :whaaa?: We'd love your input, it takes 4 min:

https://goo.gl/forms/KiFblhPc1MJqQlih2

Today we're choosing the main features. With feedback from people who also love great stories, we'll make good use of our tight budget. If you have a moment, I'd deeply appreciate it!  :hug:

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
Grumble. I was going to have a look and maybe quickly fill in the questionnaire, but that you were asking for my personal details (gender, age, education) seemed unnecessary when it's about your games in the end. Just saying you might get more participants by leaving those points away.

Stardale

• Freebird Linguist-Actor
  • Tier 7
    • Blog
  • Discord ID: senseigab#6268
  • Twitter: senseigab
Is this for research or simply as a basis for creating a start-up? I share Sun's concerns as well on the demographics and maybe you could make those questions optional, so people would find themselves in a more comfortable position to answer it. :)

You might also want to put a confidentiality statement at the outset. ☆

Edit: I kinda understand why the demographics questions were set out: You might be considering your target audiences, I think.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 03:51:21 PM by Stardale »

chilakiller

• Tier 2
Is this for research or simply as a basis for creating a start-up? I share Sun's concerns as well on the demographics and maybe you could make those questions optional, so people would find themselves in a more comfortable position to answer it. :)

Edit: I kinda understand why the demographics questions were set out: You might be considering your target audiences, I think.

Good idea, we'll write a confidentiality statement at the outset.

Indeed, we need demographics because as indies our budget is extra tight. We need to understand as best as possible who our audience is. That way we will eventually be able to specifically target our audience in Steam, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads.

Great mechanics and event a great game do not make a game a hit. User acquisition is paramount. Without knowing who our audience is, we won't know what festivals, websites, and feedback, we should prioritize listening to.

chilakiller

• Tier 2

Added a clarification for our confidentiality and why we need demographics! The users' responses has been super interesting to adjust our initial ideas.

chilakiller

• Tier 2
Aztlan Game. What do you think about our story? (GameDev)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 01:12:59 AM »
Hi everyone!

I hope you’re great. Based on your input our game is now called Aztlan: Shadow of the New World. It's a story-driven title combining Lovecraft and the Aztec Empire. Our emphasis on story has been greatly influenced by To the Moon.

Would you have 6 mins for feedback on our game's concept?  :whaaa?:

http://bit.ly/AztlanValidation01

With your input we'll create a kick-ass game! Tomorrow we're choosing new features based on what YOU, our audience, prefer.

Regards,

M