Author Topic: My theory on a little detail on the second balcony scene  (Read 1794 times)

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
  • Current Mood: happy happy
My theory on a little detail on the second balcony scene
« on: December 24, 2017, 06:12:48 PM »
You remember the second balcony scene where there were a adolescent Colin and Faye were having a conversation, it starts with Faye saying "It won't fly over here you know" about the paper plane Colin's holding.
Here's a link to jumpstart your memory:

https://youtu.be/IHU--L1ffnI?t=43m51s

I know this will sound meta and it's not confirmed or anything, but I think this is the developer of the game (Kan Gao) just kind of talking to himself. I know that he had a similar story when he was a kid, that he saved an injured bird, but his story was a bit different than the game, the bird had died. Maybe he's done a conversation with himself there.

"Everyone I told that story to either thought that or got bored to sleep."
"But everyone goes into things with their own context you know."
"I just wanted them to relate."

Saying that nobody he talked to about that experience AT THE TIME didn't think much of it, but it was a great deal to him. And then he went on to make A Bird Story. That's how I look at it.
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

StarwindD6

• Tier 3
  • Everything's alright so long as the beacon shines
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: My theory on a little detail on the second balcony scene
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 08:52:15 PM »
Maybe...?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reives_Freebird/status/774430334448467968

(Happened after ABS but still relevant...Reives has a ton of twitters actually, some pretty interesting stuff too.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:55:46 PM by StarwindD6 »