Author Topic: Legacyblade's Sprite Stash  (Read 4584 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Legacyblade's Sprite Stash
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:58:04 PM »
Hey everyone, just thought I'd show off my spriting work. All the graphics here are free to use in any project, as long as you credit me!

Nethera:

Nethera is one of the first of my RPG Maker XP sprites to feature that shiny armor look characteristic of my sprites. I attempted to give him a sort of dark look, making him a perfect RMXP sprite for an antihero type character. Although this resource was meant for a dark character in an RPG, he could work as a villain too, and Fallen Star even said he's make a great sprite as a space commander. This also makes him fit as a futuristic or modern resource for a less traditional RPG. He is a free resource, but if you use him, it is required that you credit me.

Omega:

Omega, this was the sprite I first used my signature metal shading. This RPG Maker Sprite is a good resource for those who need a dark, mysterious, or powerful villain in their RPG Maker XP project. I am currently using him in my own RMXP project, Darkness Rebirth, as the main villain. Thus, he was intended as a dark and final villain to be used as a free resource in your RPG Maker projects, but could easily be a "dark knight" character, or even a slightly dark character on the hero's side. Although suited for RPG Maker XP projects aimed at a more traditional style, this RMXP resource could also fit in a futuristic setting, due to the method of shading I used for this sprite. You are free to use this sprite in any project, free RPG Maker XP project, or even a commercial game, but you must credit me.

Bladedancer:

Finally, I achieved what is a surprisingly difficult task. At least with RTP Styled RPG Maker XP sprites, it is difficult to have a dark styled look on an RMXP resource, yet not make him look evil, or dark. This is one of my favorite free RMXP sprites that I have produced to date, and hope that some RPG Maker XP users can benefit from the resources I have created for RPG Maker XP. You are free to use this graphical resource in any project for any engine, even if it's not RPG Maker XP, as long as you credit me.

To see the rest of my sprites, go to my eminweb.com

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Legacyblade's Sprite Stash
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 07:44:40 PM »
Ey, cool stuff. The third one's my favourite; love the hair. The only problem is the pillow shading on the plate armors - most noticeable in Omega's sprite. In the bottom row for example, the cape has the light source coming in from one side, but the armor is symmetrically lit.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
the armor is light from the same light source >_> and pillow shading, if I'm correct, is when you use gradient-like shading.

and I love the third guy's hair too!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:50:35 PM »
Oh, pillow shading has more to do with the light source. There're some examples in here: http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html (One at the start of "Shading" and one at the bottom)
And by its reference I was mainly directing it at some of the armor pieces - they seem to have that symmetrical, shine-in-the-center look if you know what I mean. c:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:00:24 PM »
Ah I see that now. I guess I'll change the style and move the highlight up one pixel, and to the left one pixel :P great tut btw

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:03:08 PM »
Yeah, should be a straight forward fix since it's a decent base. Good luck with it!

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »
pretty nice, and I like the 3rd guy's hair too, but Omega looks kinda cool.
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 12:13:08 PM »
When he's facing to the side Omega reminds me of an alien >,>
I really liked the third's one hair though, i wish i could sprite like you..
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..