Author Topic: Hi guys!  (Read 4471 times)

AquaFieldRocks

• Tier 2
Hi guys!
« on: June 06, 2016, 02:18:40 PM »
Good evening, everyone (or whatever time it is wherever you are). My name is AquaFieldRocks. I played To the Moon a few months ago, and really enjoyed it. Recently I've been playing Don't Starve a lot, which brought me to the Klei Entertainment forums. Over there, Dragon Mage told me about this forum, and I knew I just had to sign up. I'm from Scotland (no, I'm not wearing a kilt, and I can't play bagpipes). My favourite computer game is Undertale, and there's probably a two-way tie for second between To the Moon and Don't Starve. I'm a busy guy, so don't expect to see me around here very often, but I look forward to hanging out here! I haven't played any of the other Freebird games yet, but they seem pretty interesting, so I'll definitely play them soon!

Wyndfal

• Tier 6
  • I don't believe in the internet.
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Hi guys!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »
Hello, AquaFieldRocks (universally known as AFR Sr.) and welcome to the forums. I hope you will have a long and delightful stay around here. I notice you like Undertale. Well, that would make DM cringe every time she remembers it :P But then again, you also love Don't Starve, so that should even things out :D

Stay strong and eat strawberries with their leaves on them because they're more delicious that way. It's been confirmed by the FDA.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 03:59:28 PM »
Good evening, everyone (or whatever time it is wherever you are). My name is AquaFieldRocks. I played To the Moon a few months ago, and really enjoyed it. Recently I've been playing Don't Starve a lot, which brought me to the Klei Entertainment forums. Over there, Dragon Mage told me about this forum, and I knew I just had to sign up. I'm from Scotland (no, I'm not wearing a kilt, and I can't play bagpipes). My favourite computer game is Undertale, and there's probably a two-way tie for second between To the Moon and Don't Starve. I'm a busy guy, so don't expect to see me around here very often, but I look forward to hanging out here! I haven't played any of the other Freebird games yet, but they seem pretty interesting, so I'll definitely play them soon!

Hello! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

DM is one of most active members, so hey, you're friends with someone who makes at least 50% of the posts here ;)

For your next freebirdgames experience, I recommend quintessence. It's a bit longer, and you'll be able to tell it's one of Kan's earlier works. But it's a great game :D You'll love it.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 04:04:19 PM »
Stay strong and eat strawberries with their leaves on them because they're more delicious that way. It's been confirmed by the FDA.
I'm going to try that tomorrow, so if they're poisonous, you still have some time to save your conscience.

Welcome, AquaFieldRocks.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 06:37:58 PM »
Welcome! Yeah, DM is quite active on here, as the forums have died a little bit out in activity. When FP is released they will most likely spark up again.  :mimihat:
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
Welcome to Freebirdia, AFR  :vikonsmile:! I've never been to Scotland, but it's on my list of places I want to visit. I second Legacyblade's recommendation of Quintessence. In my humble opinion, it's not as polished or as emotionally resonant as To the Moon, but it's a fantastic game nonetheless. Also, it's the game where most of the Freebird emoticons come from :P (including that one)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 06:16:05 AM »
I'm from Scotland (no, I'm not wearing a kilt, and I can't play bagpipes).
Oh now that's just a stereotype thing :stare: anyway, hey AquaFieldRocks! :) Welcome to Freebirdia! (A name we like to give this place here) I hope you enjoy becoming a Freebirdian ;)

Yeah, I suggest Quintessence as well. The music and story is (a little outdated but) still beautiful :vikonsmile:

:plat:

DM is one of most active members, so hey, you're friends with someone who makes at least 50% of the posts here ;)

Welcome! Yeah, DM is quite active on here...
Who says? XD I'm not as active as I used to be -_-

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 08:52:34 AM »
Hi there, AFR! I'm pretty new, too. Never played Don't Starve, but I've seen Undertale via Cry's LP and I've personally played To The Moon 2 going on 3 times now  :kardiansmile:
If you haven't yet, maybe play A Bird Story, also directed and composed by Kan Gao! It's pretty short, but I liked it.

AquaFieldRocks

• Tier 2
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 01:53:46 PM »
So there's a user named Legacyblade, and there's another user with the word Legacyblade on their avatar? Wow, this is going to be confusing...

I've never been to Scotland, but it's on my list of places I want to visit.

I'd definitely recommend going there!

Well, with three recommendations for Quintessence, I'm probably going to play that next, although I'm also probably going to play A Bird Story pretty soon too.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 06:36:56 PM »
I've personally played To The Moon 2 going on 3 times now  :kardiansmile:
What?! To the Moon 2's out now?! O_O *checks Freebird, Steam and any other site Kan uses*

EatingToastYay

• Tier 6
  • You are what you eat.
    • My DeviantArt
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 06:46:08 PM »
Omg didn't mean it that way  :o I've played To The Moon twice, and I'm going through it a third time for analysis (that's kind of on hiatus atm tho)

Thanks for pointing out the potential misunderstanding - could have caused many more confused people  ???

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 02:07:24 AM »
Hi,
Welcome, AFR :)

I've personally played To The Moon 2 going on 3 times now  :kardiansmile:
What?! To the Moon 2's out now?! O_O *checks Freebird, Steam and any other site Kan uses*
I thought you referring to "A bird story"

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 03:53:56 AM »
I thought you referring to "A bird story"

Nah, I though of this:

Since we know there is no game really called To the Moon 2 :P