2 (11.8%)
Maybe
5 (29.4%)
A little bit, some are fake
4 (23.5%)
They are all fake!
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Unindentified Flying Obeject (UFO)  (Read 4074 times)

James QZ

• Composer
  • Composer
  • Tier 4
    • Composer's Biography
Unindentified Flying Obeject (UFO)
« on: November 11, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
Do you believe extraterrestrial life exists? Do you believe a small portion of Ufos are indeed not from this planet? I simply want to hear what your thoughts are on this topic.

James
I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials.

abigailian

• isn't creeped out by yellow wallpaper
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
Re: Unindentified Flying Obeject (UFO)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
I don't really know, and I don't think I care exactly. Most of the people who really believe in them are... teetering on the edge of their rockers though, I think.
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something

Muffin

• is a girl, likes ribbons in his hair, and wants to kiss all the boys!
  • Tier 7
  • AY YO!!
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
I don't really believe that they are real, i think they're fake
I just can't believe something without proof  ;D
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything can ever be this good again
The only thing i'll ever ask of you, you gotta promise not to stop when i say when..

Freebird Games

• Administrator
  • Tier 7
  • Reives is my servant.
    • Freebird Games {Quintessence - TBV, The Mirror Lied, Do You Remember My Lullaby}
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
(Religious conflicts aside-)
Logic tells me that there's more of a chance of them existing than not, given the proportion of the universe that we can foresee/keep in touch with. But existing is one thing, visiting is another. To the visiting UFO stuff, I don't really have any strong opinions either way.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
I really have to say, there is a good possibility that they exist I mean the galaxy is huge as far as we know and so we can't certainly say with 100% knowledge that they don't exist.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »
I think they exist. Seriously, there's probably billions of life sustaining planets with senteint beings on them throughout the universe. But out of those, how many would have developed interplanetary technology? And out of those that had, how many would come across earth. and if they did come across earth, why would they want our polluted planet. and if they DID want it, why would they be stealthily creeping around. I mean, if they want our planet, and our technology is primitive to theirs, it would be like colonization in the ancient times. They come in, shove us aside with their superior might, and we end up the destroyed or enslaved race. So, I think that there are Aliens, but I doubt they really spend much (if any) time on our planet.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »
I think they exist. Seriously, there's probably billions of life sustaining planets with senteint beings on them throughout the universe. But out of those, how many would have developed interplanetary technology? And out of those that had, how many would come across earth. and if they did come across earth, why would they want our polluted planet. and if they DID want it, why would they be stealthily creeping around. I mean, if they want our planet, and our technology is primitive to theirs, it would be like colonization in the ancient times. They come in, shove us aside with their superior might, and we end up the destroyed or enslaved race. So, I think that there are Aliens, but I doubt they really spend much (if any) time on our planet.
Maybe we are the aliens that came here a gazillion years ago, oOoOoOo :P Conspiracy time~

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
Maybe we are the aliens that came here a gazillion years ago, oOoOoOo :P Conspiracy time~

Omigosh! That could make an amazing story/horror film! (And I'm going to steal it now.... MWAHAHA!)
This might hurt, it's not safe / But I know that I've gotta make a change / I don't care if I break,

Valtier

• Tier 5
  • Apathy taken to an artform
  • Current Mood: depressed depressed
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »
I don't believe that Earth has ever been visited by extraterrestrial life.  I do, however, believe that somewhere out there is a sentient life form that may or may not have achieved interstellar travel.  The universe is huge, it'd be impossible for life not to evolve somewhere out there.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 07:54:12 PM »
I don't believe that Earth has ever been visited by extraterrestrial life.  I do, however, believe that somewhere out there is a sentient life form that may or may not have achieved interstellar travel.  The universe is huge, it'd be impossible for life not to evolve somewhere out there.

Not sure I would go with impossible. It was pretty improbable for life to evolve on Earth to begin with.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 08:06:06 PM »
I think it would be illogical to think we're the only planet with sentient beings. I don't think that aliens have come here, and if they have, they probably just used earth as a pitstop (if intergalactic travel is possible, and has been achieved). I mean our planet isn't all that interesting, I mean why would they want to manipulate us? They'd have better things to do x_x

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna go with, I think that we are probably the only intelligent life in this universe, but I do think there are other universes with intelligent life. My reasoning? I mostly just think that would be fun. XD

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 12:35:03 AM »
I just want to add, we could be and could not be the most intelligent and flawed or most flawed. Anything can happen, as shown in history, a man flew in a plane but people said it never happen.

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »
As said before, even with the insanely unlikely conditions needed to sprout life, the near-infinite amount of planets counters this. That would also mean, however, that given how vast the universe is, even if there was space-traveling aliens, finding a small planet such as ours would be near-impossible, even if they we're on the same galaxy as us. That, and to mention the amount of time it takes to travel (usually far above a hundred times the life expectancy of any living being) I mean, even in Star Wars (ok I know it's fiction) they barely explored their own galaxy. But we don't actually know what are the odds do we? So the validity of this usual argument is hard to confirm. What about our very own existence then? Well, if earth wasn't created the way it is, we wouldn't be here to talk about it, period.

abigailian

• Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Oh emm SNAP!
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 01:07:57 PM »
What about our very own existence then? Well, if earth wasn't created the way it is, we wouldn't be here to talk about it, period.

Lol