Author Topic: Secret Santa 2015 Gifts Thread  (Read 19003 times)

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Secret Santa 2015 Gifts Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 01:37:46 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who got gifts! Here's my belated Christmas present to everyone:

http://i.imgur.com/qDasaNZ.jpg

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who got gifts! Here's my belated Christmas present to everyone:

Awesome, what did you use to make that?
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »
I'm checking others' gifts - is it a bit nosy?  Hahah.

I did that too :P

I think I know who made my gift...

Spoiler: show
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

... I hate you so much XD

[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

I used the power of the quote command to see what was inside the spoiler tags without clicking ten billion times...

Unfortunately I fell for that :reivsweat: EgoRaven did that same thing in the real names thread. For all I know, she could've been the one who started it ::)

That is very nice Dev! Oh and welcome back for however long you decide to stay with us before leaving again.
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 08:16:15 PM »
We could make it a voluntary thing to fess up. If I know everybody's gift though, I'll figure it out more easily next time.
Eli, you are just guessing, right? So until the Secret Santas confirm it, you may be wrong.
I say, bring it!
Well, for the start, you have made the gift for
GingerCorslette.

And since DM has started guessing gifts made by others (great guesses BTW!) I think she is alright with others knowing she has made the gift for
Sun.

The rest of the guesses follow:
Unicorn made [spoiler]EgoRaven's gift (who could have guessed?).

Reives made
Cydriex's gift.

Tumbles made
Legacyblade's gift.

EgotisticalRaven
is going to send DM's gift.

Cydriex made
Unicorn's gift.

Legacyblade made
Tumbles gift.

GingerCorslette made
Marlin's gift.

Marlin made
Reives' gift.

Erenus made 
Double A's gift.

Double A made
Erenus' gift.
[/spoiler]

Dear secret santas, feel free to stay silent on my claims.  :P
I was challenged by Sun, so I had to do it.
BTW, am I being paranoid or Judedeath has actually tried to remove the metadata from the image files?  :salbrow:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 08:20:20 PM by Eli »

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2015, 08:52:51 PM »
Double A made
Erenus' gift.

Good guess, but I'll firmly say that it ain't true

Almost fell into that!! :stare: Thank goodness I saw legacyblade's post

That's amazing!!
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

Judedeath

• ~Insert Japanese things here~
  • Tier 7
  • JOHN-PEE-AIR!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 10:22:27 PM »
We could make it a voluntary thing to fess up. If I know everybody's gift though, I'll figure it out more easily next time.
Eli, you are just guessing, right? So until the Secret Santas confirm it, you may be wrong.
I say, bring it!
GingerCorslette.

And since DM has started guessing gifts made by others (great guesses BTW!) I think she is alright with others knowing she has made the gift for
Sun.

Reives made
Cydriex's gift.

Tumbles made
Legacyblade's gift.

EgotisticalRaven

Cydriex made
Unicorn's gift.

Legacyblade made
Tumbles gift.

GingerCorslette made
Marlin's gift.

Marlin made
Reives' gift.

Erenus made 
Double A's gift.

Double A made
Erenus' gift.
[/spoiler]

BTW, am I being paranoid or Judedeath has actually tried to remove the metadata from the image files?  :salbrow:

Since I believe the guessing is half the fun(at least from my perspective) I'll leave it to the Santa's to admit it or not but I'll say you got 7 right out of 12 but won't say witch.

Also I did nothing to the images beyond save them, rename them and put them in a dropbox folder, if anyone removed metadata it was either the Santa themselves or Reives
Old River was as dead as a doornail, this must be distinctly understood or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am about to relate.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2015, 11:13:37 PM »
No comment from my side! Interesting guesses though.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2015, 12:11:45 AM »
I can't believe legacyblade/Tumbles and Double A/Erenus got each other (according to Eli's post that is :deepstuff: )

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »

GingerCorslette.

Sun.

Reives made
Cydriex's gift.

Tumbles made
Legacyblade's gift.

EgotisticalRaven

Cydriex made
Unicorn's gift.

Legacyblade made
Tumbles gift.

GingerCorslette made
Marlin's gift.

Marlin made
Reives' gift.

Erenus made 
Double A's gift.

Double A made
Erenus' gift.
[/spoiler]

Did you make those guesses completely according to the metadata, or pure guessing/detective skills?
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2015, 04:37:32 PM »
Reminds me of this code for League of Legends I still have.

I'll send it to the first person who wants it, for themselves or their friend - doesn't matter at this point, as the code expires in three weeks.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
Double A made
Erenus' gift.

Good guess, but I'll firmly say that it ain't true
Thanks for pointing out my mistake, thankfully I eventually found out which gift was made by you, but I'm still not sure who made the gift for Erenus.

No comment from my side! Interesting guesses though.
I can't wait for your guesses.  :salbrow:

Since I believe the guessing is half the fun(at least from my perspective) I'll leave it to the Santa's to admit it or not but I'll say you got 7 right out of 12 but won't say witch.

Also I did nothing to the images beyond save them, rename them and put them in a dropbox folder, if anyone removed metadata it was either the Santa themselves or Reives
Thanks, I agree that it should be up to Santa's to admit. :)

So it seems all the Santa's were cautious this year when it came to producing image gifts.  :reivsweat:

Did you make those guesses completely according to the metadata, or pure guessing/detective skills?
Well, it was a mix of both, but this year there was not that much metadata, so it was mostly detective skills, except for the gift made by DM which could entirely be found by metadata.
So does your question mean I guessed correctly about you? (you can tell me in a PM if you want).

I can't believe legacyblade/Tumbles and Double A/Erenus got each other (according to Eli's post that is :deepstuff: )
I was wrong about which gift was made by Double A, I know which one it is now, but I'm waiting for the other detectives to tell their guesses. ;)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »
Eli was right about me making Tumble's gift XD You guessed me too DM, so good detective work as well!

I'm glad you liked your gift, Tumbles :D If you were indeed the one who made the puzzle game for me, thanks as well! It was awesome!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2015, 05:06:52 PM »
Some impressive detective work going on here o:

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2015, 03:49:51 AM »
Merry christmas and happy new year for everyone!  :)
 :plat:  :fezesarecool:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2015, 03:55:59 AM »
And a Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you too, Akira! :)
 :moon: :fezesarecool: er