Author Topic: Why did EVA have to move River  (Read 3200 times)

zappian

• Tier 2
Why did EVA have to move River
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
So i think i understood most of the story in this game but there is one detail I dont get.

Why did EVA move river so john could go to the moon in his memories?

The reason , the SOLE motivation for him to go to the moon was because after river died a subconscious part of him remembered they would meet up on the moon when they got lost.

When she died they got lost , separated in a way so thats why his dying wish was to go to the moon and meet her.

He could not accept River was dead subconsciously.

So moving River takes away his motivation to go to the moon.

Also please if you ever make a physical version of the game bundle a box of handkerchiefs because the feels are just too much and I seem to have something my eyes  :'( .

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Why did EVA have to move River
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:37:04 PM »
In the memories were River was still alive, he didn't want to go to the moon, because River was still there -> he didn't feel the need to go to the moon. That's why Eva moved River away in an earlier stage of his life, so he would be motivated to go to the moon earlier on.

Btw: There actually is a physical version of the game
https://alternativemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/to-the-moon-packshot-3d-exp.jpg?w=500&h=502
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

zappian

• Tier 2
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
In the memories were River was still alive, he didn't want to go to the moon, because River was still there -> he didn't feel the need to go to the moon. That's why Eva moved River away in an earlier stage of his life, so he would be motivated to go to the moon earlier on.

Btw: There actually is a physical version of the game
https://alternativemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/to-the-moon-packshot-3d-exp.jpg?w=500&h=502

Ohh that makes sense.

I actually answered my own question and didnt realize it lol.

Thanks for the explanation.

That physical edition looks really damn good.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:47:45 PM »
She removed the River from High School, not John's childhood.

Also {SPOILERS} she saved Joey from the accident so John wouldn't take the Beta-Blockers, therefore remembering the first meet-up with River. Since she was removed from High School, John began his journey to become an astronaut to try an find her, I guess.
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »

Also {SPOILERS} she saved Joey from the accident so John wouldn't take the Beta-Blockers, therefore remembering the first meet-up with River. Since she was removed from High School, John began his journey to become an astronaut to try an find her, I guess.
I disagree. I think the doctors were only able to see into those beta-blocked memories, but not able to change anything within them. I don't think John ever did actually remember his first meet-up with River. All he knows is that he has a strong desire to go to the moon, but he doesn't know why.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »

I disagree. I think the doctors were only able to see into those beta-blocked memories, but not able to change anything within them. I don't think John ever did actually remember his first meet-up with River. All he knows is that he has a strong desire to go to the moon, but he doesn't know why.
I would also go with this explanation.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 02:02:21 PM »
I would also go with this explanation.

Indeed, that is the only explanation that makes sense (I wish I had made that connection when that one guy wouldn't believe they couldn't repair Johnny's memory): If keeping the accident from happening had undone Johnny's memory damage, he would have remembered to meet that nice girl at the same spot the next year. Hence no need to meet her on the moon. And if you say "But what if Eva had removed River in that next year already?" - nah, we clearly see she only does it when they're in high school.