Author Topic: To The Moon "Retelling Podcast"  (Read 1893 times)

ediupax

• Tier 2
  • That Guy
  • Current Mood: happy happy
To The Moon "Retelling Podcast"
« on: November 15, 2015, 04:18:53 AM »
So I was going through and old starmen.net (a similar forum site for the Mother series) radio show called Fobbies are Borange where they retold the story of the game Earthbound and though that it could be cool if some people got together on the forum and did something similar for To The Moon! Tell me what you think of this idea, if you think it would work, or if you think people would listen to it.   :)
Nicolas: "Psst, she's coming this way!!"
John: "Alt-Tab! ALT-TAB!"

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
Re: To The Moon "Retelling Podcast"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 05:41:41 AM »
Not sure I got you correctly. It would be people doing a podcast where they tell the audience the story of To the Moon, start to finish?
Hmm, my first reaction would be "Nah.". I know the story already, played it twice, read and wrote a lot about it and more. I've had plenty of it by now - time for something new like "Finding Paradise".
Not saying I would never listen to it because TtM was a game I loved, but for my own sake, to not keep "walking on the same spot", I might decide not to.

ediupax

• Tier 2
  • That Guy
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
Yes it would be the whole story of To The Moon, but it would be people acting as the characters. And as for the whole thing about "walking in the same spot" thing, the difference would be that the actors would be doing kinda half improv where they have the general script of the game, but could add and take away from lines as they went along. If you want an example of this, I would suggest listening to the first episode of "Fobbies are Borange" (just google it).
Nicolas: "Psst, she's coming this way!!"
John: "Alt-Tab! ALT-TAB!"

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »
By the way, the above was just a very personal view on it. I bet there would be tons of people who haven't fed themselves as much To the Moon as I have and who'd love to listen to it. I do imagine it might be pretty successful, not just with people who've played the game but also as a medium for all those people who'd like to make non-gamer friends and relatives experience this story.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 01:00:39 AM »
I'd be interested to see something like that :)
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(