Author Topic: "For River" used (or stolen) in an italian RAI TV program  (Read 5892 times)

kluster

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: annoyed annoyed
"For River" used (or stolen) in an italian RAI TV program
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:24:20 PM »
There's no need to say I loved this game in every aspect and I publicized this to all my friends who could have been interested in something like this masterpiece.

I registered just to report that I heard "For River" version by Johnny in a national italian mainstream tv program by RAI (which is like saying NHK or BBC) called "Detto Fatto" without ANY reference to the composer or the provenience. It came on tv on 23/09 and you can hear it at this official link at 1:39:30

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-d956b8a6-54c3-4a23-9bc2-1435a12cbb6d-dettofatto.html#p=0

It just makes me angry, they make a LOT and I mean LOTS of money with that tv program that is even stupid as  -cuss-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: "For River" used (or stolen) in an italian RAI TV program
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »
It looks sorta like that elderly lady sent in some sort of video to the show, and the background music was part of her submission. I assume the editors thought it was just some classical music and rolled with it. That being said, I can't actually understand anything anyone is saying. So I couldn't say for sure.

If they did steal it though, how would Kan respond? Would there be anything he could do? I'm really curious o.o

Miewtwocapu

• Tier 1
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:24:43 AM »
No, I have more information.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:27:12 AM »
Does anyone know where about in the video it is? I'm too lazy to watch the whole thing :P Plus I don't understand it :facepalm:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 12:36:47 AM »
Does anyone know where about in the video it is? I'm too lazy to watch the whole thing :P Plus I don't understand it :facepalm:

It's around 1:39:30

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 02:42:12 AM »
I have a strong hunch the song wasn't part of the lady's submission but added during production, and that the editors searched for something generic like 'soft, mellow music' and somehow ended up with For River.

I doubt Kan will do something about it; too marginal.  Just my opinion tho.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »
That is totally For River! That's copy right! :stare: (isn't it?)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 03:53:08 AM »
Huh, that's an odd place to hear it being used at. Thanks for the heads up, kluster! Yeah, it's kinda pricky that they used it without permission or credit.

Fortunately no harm inflicted, though, and not much of a battle worth picking. Also, funny: When the clip first came up, I thought the setting with the lighting looked like my room, hahah. I was like "they're using my song and snuck in my room to film it!" XD

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 04:32:43 AM »
Reminds me of this BBC article about cyber theft in which they used an art stolen from the last Thief game: http://i.imgur.com/Kyl1MmU.jpg

Also, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I hear.
Spoiler: show
It's not even an imitation though.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 04:38:39 AM by Kyo »

kluster

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 06:21:47 AM »
I doubt something serious will ever be taken about this, and its quite normal considering the world isnt fair and there's no a big deal about it, for so few seconds of video.

But i reported this so maybe Kan would decide to write RAI "Hey, I see you used my copyrighted material in a product that gives you a lot of money. SO, maybe, if you give me some of the money you made thanks to my material (too), I'd turn a blind eye about it".

Plus, I'm pretty sure the audio was added in post-production and the video itself of that woman isnt to be found on the internet, but simply added on a phone layout to be similar to a phone videocall. In fact, that lady is giving advices to the 2 main characters of the program (and if you want i can translate it, but i assure you it has nothing to do with the song or to the moon in general).

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »
But i reported this so maybe Kan would decide to write RAI "Hey, I see you used my copyrighted material in a product that gives you a lot of money. SO, maybe, if you give me some of the money you made thanks to my material (too), I'd turn a blind eye about it".
That's virtually blackmail.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 09:49:01 AM »
With that phrasing maybe. But he'd be well with his rights to demand compensation for the use of his music.

kluster

• Tier 2
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »

Haha yes i wrote it that way just to make it more dramatic, but Sun got the point ;)

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 02:19:15 PM »
I doubt something serious will ever be taken about this, and its quite normal considering the world isnt fair and there's no a big deal about it, for so few seconds of video.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the audio was added in post-production and the video itself of that woman isnt to be found on the internet, but simply added on a phone layout to be similar to a phone videocall. In fact, that lady is giving advices to the 2 main characters of the program (and if you want i can translate it, but i assure you it has nothing to do with the song or to the moon in general).
Incase it wasn't clear, Reives is Kan :/ He doesn't seem too worried about it.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Sergio95

• Tier 2
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »
I kinda know italian and that old lady is just the mother of that guy. He's a chef and his mother was talking about the food he was making in that program. There's absolutely nothing related to To The Moon or For River.

Case closed I guess  :deepstuff:

They stole the song though
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 01:56:53 AM by Sergio95 »