Author Topic: Sigmund Corp. Doctors  (Read 1869 times)

ediupax

• Tier 2
  • That Guy
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Sigmund Corp. Doctors
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:54:56 PM »
What are the Sigmund Corp.'s doctors doing when they fulfill someone's last dying wish? Are they simply changing the person's memory or the future itself? This is a question that popped into my mind as I was doing some work (I am completely addicted to this game btw) and I wasn't sure if it was ever revealed in the game.

Also if I'm breaking a rule or something, sorry, this is my first post on the forums  :seraisweat:
Nicolas: "Psst, she's coming this way!!"
John: "Alt-Tab! ALT-TAB!"

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Sigmund Corp. Doctors
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
No worries, these forums are for posting after all.
The doctors only change the patient's memory. In fact, their whole mission plays out in their patient's head or rather what their machine can access of that memory.

To quote from the game's page:
The technology requires the doctors to step into the memories of the patient, which are reconstructed as interactive scenes. The doctors then gradually traverse backwards through memories of the patientís life until they reach childhood ó at which point, the wish of the patient in present time would be transferred over.

Along with the doctorsí influence, the patient (as a child) could then lead an entire different life inside their head, working toward and fulfilling their dying wish themselves.

(http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: Sigmund Corp. Doctors
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 12:37:45 AM »
Yeah they can't change the future irl but they can change the memories within someones head.

Also welcome :)