Author Topic: Legacyblade's Artwork  (Read 16816 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Legacyblade's Artwork
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
Hey everyone! I do a lot of pixel art, but for the most part only people who are on stream watching me make it ever see it. I figured I'd post some of the gifs or pixels I put together so you guys can see them. Criticism is always welcome, though keep in mind the majority of these are just me screwing around :P

Old man turtle duck:
Spoiler: show

This one is actually something I made for a game I'm working on. He's my equivalent of a koopa. If you jump on him, he falls over and goes into his shell. You can kick the shell and he'll bounce around forever. I didn't realize how hard it was to make a cane on a pixelated character look even vaguely natural.

Beard Juice:

This was for a pixel daily a twitch streamer I enjoy puts on. The theme was beard. Also, just so you know, that character is a girl :P

Snowball Fight:

This is a mockup for a game I'm working on on the side. It involves competitive network multiplayer, so it's a long ways away from completion >.>

Stained Glass Windows:

Ah, some of the hardest pixel work I've ever done. I worked on these for 18 hours straight (only breaking to unwrap more starbursts). The game they were for wasn't so great, but doing this really leveled me up as a pixel artist.

Magical Girl Transformation:

Sin Unsullied. What a mess you were :P I made a game in a month and spent the majority of that time on the graphics for the first quarter of the game. That lead to a very rushed conclusion to the story and probably the worst video game combat ever XD

Magical Boy Transformation:

This is another from Sin Unsullied. This is by far the best character in the game :P

"Narhorse" flying through the sky

Mecha Banjo and Kazooie

Harvest Moon art

Magical Girl

Valentine's Card

WindTracer
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:44:29 AM by legacyblade »

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Legacyblade's Pixels
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 03:28:06 PM »
Those stained glass windows ... nice workmanship!
And you ate nothing but candy creating them? My inner mom starts tut-tutting and recommending something more hearty, but then, it sounds like you were in "flow", where time just gets fuzzy ... was it? Were you drawing away enjoying it immensely? If so, I'm a little jelly now :D

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »
@Sun, I used to eat very unhealthily. Especially when doing anything creative. It's always been easier to get in that fuzzy flow time (to borrow your description ;) ) when I've got a buzz from a sugar high, and am slightly light headed from not having eaten enough real food :P But your inner-mom will be glad to know I no longer eat candy, and mostly consume fruit, vegetables, and beans now ;)

Thanks btw, I'm glad you like them ^.^ I'm still super proud of those windows, so I'm glad you like them as well :D

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »
Those are really cool! :) I remember seeing a couple of them before.
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 05:52:39 PM »
Pretty nice work all around. And don't get too down about Sin Unsullied's combat. Like I said, as far as RPGMaker goes, it was pretty impressive for real-time battles. I mean, hell, do you really think you did worse than Quintessence?
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »
You are really good with pixels (both still and animated), legacyblade!
And you have every right to be proud of those Stained Glass Windows! :mimihat:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 10:37:49 PM »
Those are really cool! :) I remember seeing a couple of them before.

Glad you like them :)

Pretty nice work all around. And don't get too down about Sin Unsullied's combat. Like I said, as far as RPGMaker goes, it was pretty impressive for real-time battles. I mean, hell, do you really think you did worse than Quintessence?
Oh no. Quintessence's battles are horrible :P But they make up a smaller percentage of the game. I'm not super down on Sin Unsullied. I'm proud of myself for finishing it in the time I did, and I feel like it was a good effort and that my passion shows through. I just also see all its flaws and know it needs a MAAAAJOR re-haul if I'm ever going to do anything with it (I have several awesome ideas too :P)

You are really good with pixels (both still and animated), legacyblade!
And you have every right to be proud of those Stained Glass Windows! :mimihat:

Thanks Eli :D Now that I have been given a cat hat to validate my pride, I shall be the proudest stained glass maker in the world ;)

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 10:41:02 PM »
Dude :)  I've never seen or played any of your games (though looking forward to) but just dropping a comment to say that those are beautiful.  I see beautiful things :)  And I can't imagine how painstaking the stained glasses were!

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 10:45:40 PM »
Speaking of Quintessence, I tested it out in OBS today and noticed a familiar name in the opening credits under "Graphics"...

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 11:33:39 AM »
Dude :)  I've never seen or played any of your games (though looking forward to) but just dropping a comment to say that those are beautiful.  I see beautiful things :)  And I can't imagine how painstaking the stained glasses were!

Thanks ^.^ After I finish up my current storyless multiplayer game, I'm probably going to attempt to make something along the lines of walking dead or life is strange out of the core elements of Sin Unsullied (The game the windows are from). I'll be doing all the art from scratch (As much of it used bits from the RPG Maker RTP), but those stained glass windows are staying :P

Speaking of Quintessence, I tested it out in OBS today and noticed a familiar name in the opening credits under "Graphics"...

Yup! I redid all of the bits where people got stabbed. Before then, it was just flat red photoshop brush. Blood was the first "particle effect" I figured out how to manually do with pixels. Other than that, it was just some miscellaneous cleanup and edit work.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
Quote from: legacyblade
After I finish up my current storyless multiplayer game, I'm probably going to attempt to make something along the lines of walking dead or life is strange out of the core elements of Sin Unsullied
I quite enjoyed those games. Looking forward :)

I redid all of the bits where people got stabbed. Before then, it was just flat red photoshop brush. Blood was the first "particle effect" I figured out how to manually do with pixels. Other than that, it was just some miscellaneous cleanup and edit work.
I didn't even know O_O (or I don't remember :reivsweat: ) you did a great job though. I wonder what it looked like before :deepstuff:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
I redid all of the bits where people got stabbed. Before then, it was just flat red photoshop brush. Blood was the first "particle effect" I figured out how to manually do with pixels. Other than that, it was just some miscellaneous cleanup and edit work.

I didn't even know O_O (or I don't remember :reivsweat: ) you did a great job though. I wonder what it looked like before :deepstuff:

The best way to describe it was "blurry" ;)

@All

I made a new pixelart a few days ago for fun. I've never done something this big before. I really should have hooked up my tablet, in retrospect :P

Not the best thing I've ever done. If I were to do it again, I'd add more of the big puffy clouds above the cloud layer. Also. I still don't know how to make a sun look good :P

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 06:38:01 PM »
Welp, it's only a matter of time before Unicorn posts.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 06:51:55 PM »

That's really cool, legacy! :) UNICORN! will like this :mimihat:

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 08:37:51 PM »
In an ideal world, unicorns would be called narhorses. And I'm glad you like it DM :D