Author Topic: Dreams & Nightmares  (Read 3987 times)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Dreams & Nightmares
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:04:05 AM »
Sometimes writing down your dreams once you have it can be a very good way to remember it. Remembering your dreams can often lead to remembering more of your dreams and even having a higher chance of lucid dreaming.

And this would be a nice break from forum games, here is a place where, if you feel comfortable about it, you can share a dream or nightmare that you have had.

Don't post dreams that are very graphic in violent or sexual sense, because I have no idea why you'd want to remember that. You can post dreams from your past, or childhood, or one just from last night. This thread probably won't get that popular, but it's a nice break from forum games. They can be very short or very long and detailed.

I'll start; When I was a child I had a dream that I was in a black and white world, there were two different sides of the world, black and white and colourful. Dinosaurs were in the colourful side, and they were friendly. Even I changed colour when going from side to side.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: Dreams & Nightmares
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 01:42:03 AM »
Years ago, I had a dream about these two little dragons. It was a girl and a boy and they fell in love.

But one day a mysterious portal opened and the girl dragon was sucked through. The boy dragon was heart broken and went to the elders for help. They said there's no way of bringing her back but they allowed him to go through that portal to be with his love.

He ran outside and, when the portal opened, he jumped through.

I can't remember much after that but I know that years later, there was some sought of fight. Near then end of the battle, the same portal opened and you could see an image of the two dragons. Then out burst a giant (either green or red) dragon and he knocked the bad guy off the cliff.

That's about all I can remember. After I woke up I was like "I have to draw those dragons and write that down" so I did and I never forgot it since :)

SinnyVic

• Tier 4
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
Hmm... I can honestly only recall, like, one dream in enough detail to actually share.

I got off a train at some station. There was nobody around.

I looked up. Suddenly three zombies, each holding an electric guitar and wearing a silly rock star getup, appeared in the air; they were floating. I'm not sure how I managed to discern that they were zombies, but I must have been spooked because I started running. A cliff appeared out of nowhere and I jumped off without looking back.

I woke up in a cold sweat... and went back to sleep shortly after.

I can't recall when exactly I had this dream. But, I think it was probably around the time I discovered Half Life 2 during my childhood. So, yeah.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
Out of the dreams that I remember, some are good, but most are nightmares. I would say that half of the bad dreams are about work that I've done, arguing with someone, or when I went to school. The other half is usually me being attacked by some big animal or monster, or being swarmed by hornets and such, and that usually wakes me up and keeps me from getting back to sleep. As a child, I had a reoccurring nightmare - I would be in a pitch black room, with only a light from above shining down on me. Sometimes my family is there, but other times it would just be their voices; either way, they would all be angrily yelling at each other. There's marbles spread out on the floor. When I bend down to the marbles, the yelling stops, and everyone looks at me. I flick a marble into another, then the yelling starts again. If the dream went on long enough, it would skip to a part where I'm following a string into the darkness. The string is very small in diameter, and is held tight on its own, floating a couple/few feet off the ground. The string eventually leads to a fat monster. That's as far as the dream ever went.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 04:17:00 PM by Abrom »
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »
A week or so ago I had a dream where there was a Freebirdian meetup in my backyard. There were like 20-30 people there. There was a barbecue going on, and Reives, Legacyblade and I were sitting in lawn chairs in my garage and chit-chatting.

SinnyVic

• Tier 4
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 05:15:50 PM »
I remembered another one. Although, it might not have been a dream.

I only saw darkness. I couldn't open my eyes nor could I move them. I was just barely conscious, but my body must have been asleep; it didn't listen to me. A surge of panic overwhelmed me.

It was a terrible feeling. When I woke up, I had a thought: I wonder if that's what being in the womb or being in a coma feels like.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »
A few nights ago, legacyblade was in my dream. Can't remember much else from the dream though -_-

Quote from: SinnyVic

I only saw darkness. I couldn't open my eyes nor could I move them. I was just barely conscious, but my body must have been asleep; it didn't listen to me. A surge of panic overwhelmed me.
Sounds like sleep paralysis O_O must of been horrible.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 05:52:31 PM »

It was a terrible feeling. When I woke up, I had a thought: I wonder if that's what being in the womb or being in a coma feels like.

SinnyVic, that may well have been more than a dream, it sounds like sleep paralysis. It's a state between full sleep and being awake that some people experience, and I hear it can get pretty frightening. Sometimes people even feel as if someone is in the room with them even though they are alone. Just saying it so you need not be afraid if it happens again.
To read more, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

A few nights ago, legacyblade was in my dream. Can't remember much else from the dream though -_-
That officially makes legacyblade a dream man.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 05:55:19 PM by Sun »

Kyden

• Tier 2
  • nope
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 06:51:52 PM »
You know, most of my dreams are nightmares, and they usually go pretty badly.
Lets see, there was the one where a pterodactyl picked up and flew away with my brother....
There was that one in an underwater super fancy hotel that started flooding...
There was one where I was stuck in a car in the middle of nowhere driving on a road that never ended... a bit like that one horror movie...
There was that one where me and my family were on a bunch of rocks sticking out of the ocean, pole jumping from rock to rock, except i fell into the ocean and drowned..
And then there was one where I was on a school field trip in this HUGE skyscraper, except it wasn't finished, it was just the steel skeleton or whatever. Then an earthquake or something hit, and the whole building was collapsing. After climbing out of the rubble, i found the world overrun with zombies. It must have been a pretty long dream, I remember something about an airport...

Abrom

• Tier 5
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »
SinnyVic, that may well have been more than a dream, it sounds like sleep paralysis. It's a state between full sleep and being awake that some people experience, and I hear it can get pretty frightening. Sometimes people even feel as if someone is in the room with them even though they are alone. Just saying it so you need not be afraid if it happens again.
To read more, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Yeah, if you've ever watched people on TV talk about their alien abduction, this is usually the experience that they describe. Perhaps they're just very confused.

On a different note, I've noticed a couple/few times in the last week, that I'll be half asleep in the middle of the night, and it feels like something is moving on my bed, getting closer to my head until it's right over me; almost like a light person is crawling and then leaning over me. I know that there's no pets in my room, and my door is shut. It's only me and my mother here. I haven't opened my eyes because I'm sure that nothing's there and doing so will only make me take longer to fall back asleep, so I just let it be there and drift back into my slumber. Maybe it has something to do with the anti-depressants I've been on for a few weeks now.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:42:02 PM by Abrom »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 04:03:24 AM »
I remember some more recent dreams. One was kinda all over the place from what I remember.

I was in a super market, I think, and... there was a cookie contest going on but... there were no cookies, just the recipes for them and a picture and people were voting on that? Idk, that's what I can remember. At one point I guess I thought they were forums posts ??? Another part of the same dream seemed like an opening to a movie with a cover of Everything's Alright (or was it Other Side of the Screen?) playing. The place was a bedroom but that was about it. This one was quite a few days ago though.

Another one was very recent but I can only remember a couple things. First one was me hearing what Wyndfal's voice sounded like. It wasn't at all what I thought it was (I think I may have already heard it though... has he released anything like that in Secret Santa or something?). And the last thing was me or me seeing another way to draw dragon legs. Thicker and more realistic. I might try it ;)

Well that's all I've got for now.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 01:16:14 PM »
I had a nightmare a bit ago. I was in a university and it was night. Something was off in the school and I was going around investigating. I remember I was then driving around with some guys outside of the campus, at night. And we were driving along to the campus and cracks were opening up in the ground, and they were trying to suck us in, on the back window of the car were saw a creepy monster like thing creep up on the window, obscuring our back vision. It sort of looked like the other mother from Coraline.
Spoiler: show

PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 04:59:34 PM »
I've had a few dreams - well, 'dreams' - where I wake-up after having a nightmare - so that I am in a conscious state with no paralysis; I'm able to navigate my way around my home as you would when you wake-up in the morning.

Yet the nightmare would still be running in the background of my mind so that I'd hallucinate; distances between objects would visibly change, things would feel much larger or smaller than they actually look to be, my visual perspective would almost become 2D like which is fairly disorientating. Worst of all though is that completely benign objects would become terrifying and I'd see things which didn't exist.

One particularly memorable occasion was where I became mortally afraid of my bedroom door or something I'd convinced myself that was behind it. I've never felt so much dread in my life before than that which was exuding from the door. What is more strange is at the time I knew it was just a door and completely harmless, yet it was as if some part of my brain was convinced that it was the Reaper of Souls and decided that I was going to find it horrifying anyway.

It's pretty intense when it happens, but it is less frequent as of late.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 05:03:08 PM by The-PurpleOrange »

Abrom

• Tier 5
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 07:35:16 PM »
Whenever I had a dream, I could always take control of it and wake up whenever I wanted to. All I needed to do was realize that it was a dream, and choose to wake up. Last night, this was not the case. I dreamt that I was in my bedroom, and something was happening that I didn't want, so I decided to wake up. I woke in my bed, and it seemed real. I could see the light of my lamp through my eyelids. This would have been fine, except that I was on the wrong end of my bed, and my lamp wasn't supposed to be on. I realized that I was still dreaming, so I tried waking up again. I found myself on the right side of my bed, and my dog was next to me...except the lamp was on. Tried waking up again, and my door was open all the way, and the light in the hallway was on. After some more attempts, I woke up to find that I was now a woman, in which, I immediately realized I was still dreaming. After a few more failed attempts, I decided to just sleep in my dream, and I eventually DID wake up. It must be these anti-depressants that are giving me these surreal dreams.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:56:57 PM by Abrom »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »
I had a dream last night that I became an African American ??? I mentioned at one point that I could dress as Eva for Halloween XD

Also I think Wynd was in my dream. I think he was a cat or something most of the time :P

I have weird dreams...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 07:10:18 PM by Dragon Mage »