Author Topic: My theory and speculations for TTM, TML, FP and ABS (SPOILERS)  (Read 1698 times)

Spearman

• Tier 1
My theory and speculations for TTM, TML, FP and ABS (SPOILERS)
« on: September 04, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »
The following are my theory of the TTM universe, the basis of which lies on my (admittedly far fetched) speculation that these games are interconnected with each other.

First, I'll start with my theory (or interpretation, more fittingly) of The Mirror Lied.

'Birdie' is the code name for a virus/infectious agent that has infected Leah. There are several reasons for this:

1. The virus appearing in the microscope is a picture of the H1N1 virus AKA 'Bird Flu'.

2. The globe emitting a 'strange odor' represents a sickness affecting the world's population.

3. 'Birdie lands on water' following with the color of the water in the bathtub changing from clear blue to brown and later red represents the virus contaminating the water supply.

4. 'Birdie flying over [continents]' followed with those continents disappearing from the world map represents the pandemic reaching those continents and wiping out humans.

5. I recall that one of the date on the email messages corresponds to a date where there was an order to kill all Avians.

6. The burning house represents Leah having a fever.

7. The bird is likely a symbol of the 'Birdie' virus or a carrier of the virus.

Now I'll move on to A Bird Story. This one is rather straightforward - the boy will grow up to become a researcher that invents the 'Birdie' virus, inspired by his interactions with the bird.

The next link comes with Finding Paradise: as the boy from A Bird Story will be the patient, it is inevitable that Neil and Eva will learn about the boy's life and thus 'Birdie'.

Going back to To The Moon, Neil is revealed to have an illness, most likely terminal. I believe that this illness is caused by the onset of a viral infection ... of course by 'Birdie'. This closes the loop and concludes my theory :D. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: My theory and speculations for TTM, TML, FP and ABS (SPOILERS)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »
Lunair also turns into a bird in Quintessence! Also, there is a bird in freebird games! EVERYTHING KAN MAKES POINTS TO HIM BEING THE ONE MAKING THE BIRDIE VIRUS!!

In all seriousness though, your theory is pretty cool :) I love overanalyzing stories and games, so this sort of thing appeals to me. I doubt it's what Kan intended, but his repeated use of birds as a motif does allow for easy ties to The Mirror Lied.

(though tbh, I always though Mirror Lied was about nuclear war)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: My theory and speculations for TTM, TML, FP and ABS (SPOILERS)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:15:32 PM »
That's a really good theory :) kinda like those ones on YouTube where the person digs a little deeper to decipher a story.

(though tbh, I always though Mirror Lied was about nuclear war)
I had no idea what this game was about :P