Author Topic: To The Moon (Too!)  (Read 3086 times)

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
To The Moon (Too!)
« on: July 15, 2015, 04:34:09 AM »
Heirrao, my name is MadHaighaHatta, from Through The Looking-Glass and Alice In Wonderland. I've been stalking you little birdies for quite a while now. I chose the rather eccentric title because...
Well...
Because.
 :seraisweat:
 I've only played To The Moon and watched Cry play The Mirror Lied, but I'm blown away by the music. Unsurprisingly, TTM is one of the few things that causes me to express human emotion. It's surprisingly simple yet poignant and lugribrous. No timey-wimey mixups, no evil Daleks, just a story about a dying man and his wish to go to the Mun Moon.
A few things about me: I'm quite eccentric, bombastic, sociopathic, pedantic, and confusing. If by some violation of the laws of physics and syntax of Python you manage to get along with me, I'm selling hats that will probably not dismember you or send nanobots into your bloodstream. Probably.  :hatsale!:
Thanks for reading this big block of text!
Until the stars die (Or unless someone manages to touch a neutron star using vodka, salt, and water),
Hatta
Until the stars die,
Hatta

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: To The Moon (Too!)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:06:05 AM »
Welcome to Freebird forum!
Probably i need a hat for this season  :needshat!:
Be sure to play Quintessence (even it's still on progress), the musics are beautiful too.  :)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:55 AM »
Welcome to the forums, MadHatta! :) Thanks for the offer but I've already got a hat :gothat!: I agree with Akira, Quintessence is a beautiful game. You can listen to some of the soundtracks on YouTube.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 11:06:52 AM »
Welcome to Freebirdia! I also recommend you play Quintessence. Most of the emoticons here are Quintessence characters. Judging by your misspelling (and subsequent strikethroughing rather than deleting) of the word Mun Moon, I'm guessing you play Kerbal Space Program. If so, then I'm glad I'm not the only one here! (If not, that's cool too).

So you're an eccentric, bombastic, confusing, pedantic sociopath? Then you'll fit right in!   XD (...but really, we're all weird here in a good way, myself included.)

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
Ooh, Subjects!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 04:26:49 AM »
Haha, wonderful! @Dragon
 :fezesarecool:
 :plat:
Reives is a Whovian? Yaaaaay!
I'll make sure to try Quintessence and listen to the soundtrack. TTM's soundtrack somehow brings me to tears every time I hear it :P
Yep, KSP.
Until the stars die,
Hatta

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 05:30:05 AM »
Welcome! And yeah, Reives must be at least into the reboot.  :fezesarecool:
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
Icons! Woo!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 07:52:57 AM »
(Applause)
Yaay! Thanks, Raven. Enamoured, neh? XD
Love is very deep stuff.  :deepstuff: (The truth is, I just wanted to use that 'Neil Deep Thought' emotion.)

To Everyone Else:
Thanks for suggesting it. I listened to the soundtrack yesterday, and Reives captures images in music perfectly.
I..
I can't even.
 :deepstuff:
Until the stars die,
Hatta

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »
(Applause)
Yaay! Thanks, Raven. Enamoured, neh? XD
Love is very deep stuff.  :deepstuff: (The truth is, I just wanted to use that 'Neil Deep Thought' emotion.)

Yeah, I am completely in love with someone, but that's a little secret.  ;)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 10:34:37 PM »
To Everyone Else:
Thanks for suggesting it. I listened to the soundtrack yesterday, and Reives captures images in music perfectly.
I..
I can't even.
 :deepstuff:

The soundtrack's pretty amazing, right? It's even better when you're playing the game. It's much longer than To the Moon, but not as refined, as it is a few years older. Also, Reives didn't write the whole QTBV soundtrack; many of the tracks were written by his friend James Q. Zhang (you can see which ones were written by who somewhere in the files for the game)