Author Topic: hi  (Read 4718 times)

sylv

• Tier 2
  • 敗北主義者
  • Current Mood: blank blank
hi
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »
There's about a month until damned college begins, and I've been spending my summer vacation at home 24/7 coding and composing. I don't have many friends, considering that I've had to transfer to three different schools and moved four times now, and my neighbours are all grown-up old people, but I've finally decided to take some initiative and make some.

Hi. I make things. I have experience in creative writing(thank highschool for that), composing digital music(you can thank a certain Mr. Kan Gao for that :] ), and arting(thank my years of experience making crappy stickman comics during elementary. They were so horrible that everyone died. not really).

Currently I am making(read:trying to make) a game, hoping to match the craftsmanship and level of feels of To The Moon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:28:52 AM by sylv »

BobTheLawyer

• Tier 2
  • disastrous harem godfather
    • Top of the World
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 02:34:03 PM »
Hello!
I'm also pretty new here.  I'm always up for making new friends ;)

Sounds hard changing so many schools.  I've lived in the same house as long as I can remember, so I can't imagine how hard it must have been.

Sounds like you've got all the skills you need to work on that game.

I mean to start on making a game this summer, but I still haven't gotten around to it.  I should probably start on that before the summer is gone.

I'm also heading into college soon.  I'm so ready to be done with school and actually start on life.  College is so darn expensive :\
I'm a fairy tale character in a world where fairy tales don't exist.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:37:14 PM »
Hi Sylv and BobTheLawyer,
Welcome :)

my neighbours are all grown-up old people, but I've finally decided to take some initiative and make some.
Yeah,
I can relate to that,
Some years ago, I have no friends about my age in my neighbor and so I usually talk with them (A lot) :reivsweat:

Anyway,
It's nice to have you here and hopefully you'll (Both) posting a lot of interesting things here :D

What game are you making ?
Using RPG Maker ?

College is so darn expensive :\
Lol,
Can't agree more :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:39:18 PM by Roxaszu »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
Welcome to the forums Sylv! :) So many people are joining now. Maybe they heard our plan to over throw the king. You'll make many friends here and I hope you post a lot.

I'm looking forward to your game, can you tell us anything more about it?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:18:16 PM by Dragon Mage »

sylv

• Tier 2
  • 敗北主義者
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »
College is so darn expensive :\
I have to go to a private-owned college. The tuition is 7 times more expensive than the public university whose entrance exam I failed  :[ in the next term I'm transferring, though.

Using RPG Maker ?
I wish, it would be so much easier :p
it doesn't really run well under wine in linux, so I'm using a framework called Polycode.

It's been three months now and I haven't gotten anywhere with the game. :reivsweat:
The story really isn't anything special; at the moment it's just a typical "It's all a dream" thing involving a guy in a coma. And things like furrier Leebles are everywhere. Before I had the story I tried composing something to get an idea of what I wanted the story to feel like.

Maybe they heard our plan to over throw the king.
uh no, that's totally not the reason I joined, haha...

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »
Welcome!  :caketime:
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

BobTheLawyer

• Tier 2
  • disastrous harem godfather
    • Top of the World
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:54:48 PM »
I wish, it would be so much easier :p
it doesn't really run well under wine in linux, so I'm using a framework called Polycode.

It's been three months now and I haven't gotten anywhere with the game. :reivsweat:
The story really isn't anything special; at the moment it's just a typical "It's all a dream" thing involving a guy in a coma. And things like furrier Leebles are everywhere. Before I had the story I tried composing something to get an idea of what I wanted the story to feel like.
I looked up Polycode.  It seems to use a bit of Lua?  I love Lua.  That's what I first learned in.  Starting out is tough, but keep at it!  You're first game may not be perfect, but I'd love to see whatever you make  :seraismile:

Also, your piano music is very pleasant.

Maybe they heard our plan to over throw the king.
This just made my day Tyranny must fall
I'm a fairy tale character in a world where fairy tales don't exist.

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 04:03:57 AM »
Welcome to Freebirdia island, BobTheLawyer and sylv  :)
Hope you guys enjoy in here  :plat:
There's about a month until damned college begins, and I've been spending my summer vacation at home 24/7 coding and composing. I don't have many friends, considering that I've had to transfer to three different schools and moved four times now, and my neighbours are all grown-up old people, but I've finally decided to take some initiative and make some.

Hi. I make things. I have experience in creative writing(thank highschool for that), composing digital music(you can thank a certain Mr. Kan Gao for that :] ), and arting(thank my years of experience making crappy stickman comics during elementary. They were so horrible that everyone died. not really).

Currently I am making(read:trying to make) a game, hoping to match the craftsmanship and level of feels of To The Moon.
Wow, what a great project you got there  :)
So, it's really busy to making a game, coding, and composing something at the same time
Can't wait to see your game (and your music)  :)

sylv

• Tier 2
  • 敗北主義者
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
So, it's really busy to making a game, coding, and composing something at the same time
not really, considering I procrastinate every day  :-[

Can't wait to see your game (and your music)  :)
eh... I hope you're patient enough to wait for a few more years. I started a few months ago, but that's only with the music and story. Programming-wise and art-wise, I still have to start  :-[  :reivsweat:

I'm going to abuse the heck out of using emoticons

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 02:36:33 AM »
Greetings you too. Welcome to Freebirdia!  :D

I hear that you're going to college soon. I got a few months till my high school is over, then off hunting for colleges to enter. Pretty nervous thinking about it. And yes, they're freaking expensive.

Also looking forward to that game of yours
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 04:05:14 AM »
You haven't abused emoticons until you spam someone elses thread with them :P

:Evapple: :facepalm: :fezesarecool: :platquack: :music: :musicnote: :eshetease: :mimihat: :pewpewpew: :needshat!: :pegasled: :broom: :KOT: :reivfail: :nds: :stabby_nairy: :LOT: :DOT: :vikonlaser: :uridogyeyes: :noahtear: :vikonlaser2: :KPHH: :caketime: :seraidoublehug:  8)

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14:18 PM »
You haven't abused emoticons until you spam someone elses thread with them :P

:Evapple: :facepalm: :fezesarecool: :platquack: :music: :musicnote: :eshetease: :mimihat: :pewpewpew: :needshat!: :pegasled: :broom: :KOT: :reivfail: :nds: :stabby_nairy: :LOT: :DOT: :vikonlaser: :uridogyeyes: :noahtear: :vikonlaser2: :KPHH: :caketime: :seraidoublehug:  8)

Or when you use them incorrectly  :needshat!:

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 04:27:57 AM »
 :hatsale!:
:LOT:
Hehe.
Heirrao, Sylv. Pleasure to meet you (again). College? Ouch.
Until the stars die,
Hatta