Author Topic: Socrates' RPGmaker Map Showcase!  (Read 5113 times)

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Socrates' RPGmaker Map Showcase!
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:56:53 AM »
I just started learning RPGmaker, so I thought that I could show if I made something nifty :P Though this one is far from nifty, the map is still totally empty and even so, I've spent hours making these few things that you are seeing right now:

But that's just the beginning as I'm continueing to learn as best as I could :P So more might come.
And thanks to legacyblade for making it possible for me x'D
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: Socrates' RPGmaker Map Showcase!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 02:51:07 AM »
That's actually pretty good I'd say. Maybe once I finish settling my stuff you can teach me  :P
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 02:51:27 AM »
It looks good so far :)
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 02:56:25 AM »
That's actually pretty good I'd say. Maybe once I finish settling my stuff you can teach me  :P

Oh, hahah, noo, I'm nowhere near teaching level, lol. I've just started watching a tutorial guy on youtube that atommo had posted on chat recently. And even the guy states he is not the best as well, so I'm just pretty far from being able to teach probably :P But ofcourse I could try to help in anything that I'm capable of helping.

@Dragon Mage, thanks!
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 03:00:11 AM »

Oh, hahah, noo, I'm nowhere near teaching level, lol. I've just started watching a tutorial guy on youtube that atommo had posted on chat recently. And even the guy states he is not the best as well, so I'm just pretty far from being able to teach probably :P But ofcourse I could try to help in anything that I'm capable of helping.
Ohh I see. Haha. No worries, I'm sure you'll get good
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:05:54 AM »
You seem to be doing an okay job so far, keep it up.  :)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
I was wanting to make the screen bigger, I mean a choice like making it fullscreen or something, but it seems it might not be on the tutorial that I'm watching. I must assume there is a way to do that but I wonder how or if it's easy lol.

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 05:42:26 PM »
I was wanting to make the screen bigger, I mean a choice like making it fullscreen or something, but it seems it might not be on the tutorial that I'm watching. I must assume there is a way to do that but I wonder how or if it's easy lol.

You can play it fullscreen (Alt+Enter), but it will be stretched. You won't see any more of the map than on the window, it's just bigger. RPG Maker XP is an old engine, so it doesn't offer a better resolution support.
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 11:32:40 PM »
Oh... Ofcourse... That's obvious, my baaaad. I'll have to make do with the current resolution it seems, it's fine.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 06:54:52 PM »
I found all my old save RPG Maker resources and tutorials. I zipped em and uploaded em to mediafire. There should be quite a lot of mapping tutorials in there :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2559thb7645j3g3/RMXP%20Stuff.zip
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:47:08 PM by Legacyblade »

Thunderbird

• 雷の鳥
  • Tier 7
  • Flame Haze
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 07:01:18 AM »
I found all my old save RPG Maker resources and tutorials. I zipped em and uploaded em to mediafire. There should be quite a lot of mapping tutorials in there :)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2559thb7645j3g3/RMXP%20Stuff.zip

I got an antivirus alert for this file
RMXP Stuff\Scripts\Reflect Error_files\AquaStatus.png
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:47:32 PM by Legacyblade »
Even if you are nothing more than a drop in a bucket...
Every drop leaves ripples.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 07:36:41 AM »
Hey thank you very much again legacy ^__^ Which one of the tutorials do you think I should start from? Which ones should I check out in order?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
I know you're probably not at this point yet but if you need characters I know a great beginner website for making them. It's called loose leaf. It's all in japanese but it's pretty simple to make a sprite :)
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(