Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 6172 times)

_Lati_

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Hello!
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:43:23 AM »
Hi!

My name is Samuele, I'm 22 and I'm from Italy (so I apologize right away for my bad English :P). I found To the Moon from Pewdiepie a year ago, and since then I started following FreeBird, and finally today I decided to introduce myself here :D
Speaking of myself, I love to model in 3D, and to be honest I'm also making a picture dedicated to To the Moon which, hopefully soon, I will show you :)
Well, I think I have said everything, see you next time! :D

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:00:44 AM »
Hey Lati! Hi and welcome to this forum!
That's a cool profile picture you have there. Guessing that's one of your 3D models.
What a coincidence that you're from Italy since I've only just enjoyed Italian literature, Paperino or as the Americans may know the figure, Donald Duck (since nearly all the big book comics that appear here were drawn in Italy).

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I did a lot of lurking before I joined as well. A lot of people here learned English as their second tongue, so I don't think anyone will judge you for your bad English.  :)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

_Lati_

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 10:06:34 AM »
Thank you both :D

That's a cool profile picture you have there. Guessing that's one of your 3D models.
What a coincidence that you're from Italy since I've only just enjoyed Italian literature, Paperino or as the Americans may know the figure, Donald Duck (since nearly all the big book comics that appear here were drawn in Italy).

Actually my profile picture is in 2d, but thanks anyway for the compliment :P About Paperino unfortunately not a big fan of the genre, but when I was younger I read it sometimes :D

Welcome to the forums! I did a lot of lurking before I joined as well. A lot of people here learned English as their second tongue, so I don't think anyone will judge you for your bad English.  :)

That reassures me a lot, also because now I write with the help of a translator, and although I understand English well I do not know if sometimes I write wrong xD

Anyway thank you again for the welcome :D

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
Hi Lati and Welcome to the forum :D

Your English looks really well for me.

Wow,
So you're using 3D ?
nice ~ :D
What software are you using ?
3D Max ? Blender ? Maya ? :)

_Lati_

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 02:36:53 PM »

I'm using Blender, now it will be about 7 years I use it :P However recently I started using 3d studio max, but I find myself a lot better on Blender xD

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Lati! I've heard of Blender before. It's pretty cool that you know how to use it. Have you made any animations or is it just 3D modeling?

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 07:19:27 PM »
Greetings! Welcome to the forums. :) Interestingly enough I've never met any 3d modelers before, can't wait to see what you can do.
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 08:55:17 PM »
Welcome to Freebirdia! Like everyone else said, don't worry about your English being bad (it's way better than my Italian), I've seen much worse English on this forum (not naming any names). 3D modeling sounds interesting. I think I've tried it before, but I never got very far. Italy's a beautiful country, I went there last August!

_Lati_

• Tier 2
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 04:28:53 AM »
Thanks to all :D

Have you made any animations or is it just 3D modeling?

Well, I also do animation, but very rarely, partly because it takes a long time, so most of the time I focus on the realization of images xD
However, you can find some of my animation in the link I left in signature :D

Italy's a beautiful country, I went there last August!

I agree on the beauty of Italy and its places, but I assure you, live there is not very nice  xD

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 09:36:22 AM »
The legend says that 3D Max is really good for making object and stuff while blender pretty good at making human modeling, Maybe that's why ;P

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 11:01:41 AM »
I agree on the beauty of Italy and its places, but I assure you, live there is not very nice  xD

Um, why?

_Lati_

• Tier 2
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 11:23:53 AM »
The legend says that 3D Max is really good for making object and stuff while blender pretty good at making human modeling, Maybe that's why ;P

It's not entirely wrong, 3ds Max has more accurate tools for modeling, in fact I have seen that it is often used for architecture or for any models with precise measurements, Blender has himself a measurement system, but not so accurate :P

Um, why?

Essentially for the people and their mentality, it will be that I'm weird but the way they think everyone here is not for me xD

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »

Um, why?

Essentially for the people and their mentality, it will be that I'm weird but the way they think everyone here is not for me xD

Oh that's weird.  What Italian mentality, for example?  (I'm just curious)

_Lati_

• Tier 2
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »

Um, why?

Oh that's weird.  What Italian mentality, for example?  (I'm just curious)

Well, there are many factors, one example is the way they treat you, many pretend to be friendly just because he wants help, or at least tend to fool people for their own interests. Then one of the things I hate is how they worship football, they love it so much to get to beat or worse. Not to mention the political and work, but is one of the topics that I would avoid xD
I believe Italy is a beautiful country if it were not for the people who live there