Author Topic: To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]  (Read 20198 times)

jongyon7192p

• Tier 1
  • my first game is TtM but i cant change it cuz im d
    • it's the youtubez
  • Current Mood: blank blank
Re: To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
btw the thumbnail image for comics #2 & #3 are swapped.

For my idea...... Well, the two are eventually going to end up high in the air in one of their attempts, someone sees them and takes a picture or a video (or maybe that person was just taking a picture of the moon and they just happened to get caught in it). The platypus and rabbit will see it later somehow and it'll look like they were on the moon. The moon looking way bigger than them and at the distance, they'll just look like shadowy silhouettes, I imagine. Some new perspective like that for them could lead into another wacky moon "landing" attempt.

Another idea, they see the moon rising or setting and just start walking/sailing towards that direction forever. Dunno, they did have a house at comic 1, so maybe it would be bad for them to go too far.
DeRockProject

BobTheLawyer

• Tier 2
  • disastrous harem godfather
    • Top of the World
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 12:18:06 AM »
I realize this is pretty late, and I don't know how many more suggestions you plan on doing, but this comic is pretty cute, so thinking on it, awhile back, I came up with an idea for a comic that I thought you might like.

I'm a bit inspired from Calvin and Hobbes here, but what if you did what every kid with a box, pen and an imagination has tried, writing a brief message on the box and using it to fly up to space.

I thought something along the lines of "To The Moon Or Bust" on the box.  Then they get to be among the stars in their imagination for awhile until falling back into reality.

I hope you like my suggestion! :)

:platquack:
I'm a fairy tale character in a world where fairy tales don't exist.

Dragon

• Tier 1
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
Sorry that I'm a little late with my suggestion, but I figure it's better late then never :P

My idea would be, what if platypus and the little rabbit go to a store/toy store and see a toy rocket ship model for sale, and they decide to use it to try and get to the moon. Simple idea, but I think it would be cute  :seraismile:

joo_nath

• Tier 1
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 05:04:14 AM »
Plat-plat trying to learn a spell, expecting that if he/she could mastered it, they can get to the moon.
Unfortunately the spell that he/she learned is "Fus Ro Dah"   (from the other game called Skyrim) and tried the spell to the Rabbit.

I don't know about this, but I think using other game's property is not allowed <.<
--------
By the way, why don't you try to submit TtMT to Webtoon? Just wondering :D
(Sorry, my grammar sucks xD)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:10:13 AM by joo_nath »

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Subject Line! Yay!
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 08:12:17 AM »
I adore how multifaceted this comic is. At one point, the rabbit is humourously berating Platplat's failure, and in another comic, we see him staring up at the moon with a most lubrigous miasma. Perhaps the rabbit looks at the moon once again, and sees the rabbit on the moon grinding herbs for the immortals. Rabbit tells Platplat, and they recruit the other paper rabbits to form an origami spaceship. When it is launching, Platplat realises they didn't build a door and filled the interior with paper rabbits, so he grabs onto the nose cone as the spaceship launches. Due to some magical violation of physics (The Kerbal gods took pity and put them onto the Mun!), possibly Eva and Neil fixing 'what went wrong', the spaceship uses paper rabbits as fuel. (You can't break physics that much, silly mortal. But for now, fire=thrust and complications=404 not found) Rabbit and Platplat manage to get to the moon-barely. They themselves are on fire. As they land, Johnny is dying. Johnny and River hold their beloved companions as they-Johnny, Platplat, Rabbit, and I think River-die. It's rather similar to the Chinese myth: Determined to do goodwill, a group of animals decide to help a beggar. The important part is, the rabbit, only knowing how to gather grass, offers his own body to the beggar to eat. The beggar reveals himself as a god and places the rabbit on the moon in honour of his good deed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:15:16 AM by MadHaighaHatta »
Until the stars die,
Hatta

WelterDryan

• Tier 1
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 01:42:16 AM »
I love so hard this comic, it puts some special magic to the paper rabbit and platplat.
One of my ideas is that Platplat and the rabbit would try to go to the moon using a bird, tying a yarn or something like that (a part of a plant like a thin root or maybe a vine) to the bird's leg and traveling using that way.
It would be fun to see the different ways the charaters try to tie the yarn-thing to the leg of the bird.
Please continue!
Greetings!
 :plat:

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 11:07:28 PM »
:P Hence the name 'Freebird Games'.
EDIT
Posting for SerenaConch here...
Ok so here is my idea for a way that the platypus and the paper bunny could attempt but fail at getting to the moon. So during their journeys they stumble upon a park during night time. While exploring the park The two stumble upon a river or pond (no pun intended). They see the reflection of the moon in the water and Platypus tells bunny to stay back while he goes in first and ends up just wet  :platquack: The reason for brave platypus is mainly because Bunny is origami and even though he's alive I assume he is still paper, same with the stuffed Platypus being, well, stuffed (and I really don't want the comics to end because bunny gets soggy and falls apart :'( ) So it was just an idea, you don't have to choose it but I think it was a very cute idea.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:11:20 PM by MadHaighaHatta »
Until the stars die,
Hatta

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 11:42:12 PM »
That idea has already been posted. The bot in the other thread just repeats a post from a different board.

MadHaighaHatta

• Tier 2
  • Heirrao.
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »
Ah. Thanks, DragonMage!  :reivsweat: Hehe.
Until the stars die,
Hatta

Ichi Sumeragi

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
I'm going to try my luck here, but Reives, I don't think you got my answer for the private message you sent me for the comic - if I can contact you elsewhere I'd be kinda happy  :)

lighthouseslookingatme

• Tier 1
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »
Maybe they should see birds flying, then try to glue feathers all over themselves  to fly like them?

yuvi3000

• Tier 1
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 05:44:02 AM »
I would like to see the pair passing a planetarium where the poster outside advertises visiting the moon. Naturally, they go inside, and to their amazement, find that the moon is hanging from the ceiling and they can totally reach it. Since it's 20 meters in size, they examine every inch of it and they eventually drop it and break it, go into cute-anime-heartbroken mode and then they realise they can still see the moon outside the window. Cannot wait for "Finding Paradise" to be released!!

Firenze

• Tier 1
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2015, 01:32:04 AM »
Hi. I made an account just to post this. I'm a big fan. Hello, everyone.

Here's a scene-by-scene description of nineteen panels' worth of content. Note that the plot would be perfectly suitable as an ending to this comic—not that that's necessarily my intention—but it seems fitting.

PART ONE (following the events after page 15)

The paper rabbit and the platypus are seen idly floating with the balloons as shadows in the distance. The setting sun is directly behind them.

Next panel, the the moon is up, and Plat is desperately trying to paddle towards it with his feet. A puzzled onlooker is staring at them with binoculars.

Come early daybreak, the balloons, while slowly deflating, bring the two heroes drifting close towards the city. Plat is seen accidentally dropping the two coconuts. (Optional hidden cameo of Leah getting on a bird in one of the rooftops.)

While still dark, the balloons deposit them in the middle of some park. There is a downtrodden look on Platplat's face. The rabbit is tugging on the strings.

While walking, they come across a newspaper on a park bench. (This is a wide panel, and it shows the loneliness of the place with empty space in every direction)

Last panel shows an ad (being held up by Plat's hands) for a taxi company with the tagline "We'll take you anywhere."

PART TWO

The pair are seen hailing a cab in the early-morning streets.

The two take seats in a cab with the newspaper still with them.

Plat holds up the newspaper to the taxi man, and points to a different ad containing an image of the moon.

The long road stretches out before them with various aesthetic distractions occupying the sidewalks.

The cab drops them off at a space-themed restaurant. There are sillhouttes on the window of two children and a mother.

They go inside and see tables, children playing, and one of those inflatable "moon bounce" castles by the far corner. There is also a sign near it that says "Moon Bounce".

PART THREE

The backs of the heads of two brown-haired children can be seen sitting on a table as Plat and the rabbit approach the brightly-colored castle.

They jump in and are knocked around by a handful of children bouncing all over the place. Colored plastic balls are also flying everywhere.

They get out, dazed and stumbling.

Just as Plat touches the door, a very young brown-haired girl has turned her head, and is looking at them. Plat looks at her right back. (The panel is at an angle behind the girl's turned head, so as to not show her face—Just to keep things consistent with the rest of the comic.)

The next panel shows the girl from behind scooping up Platplat and the rabbit in her arms.

They are brought to the table, held in the girl's arms. There is a lit birthday cake in front of them. The paper rabbit is seen turning his head towards the girl as she straightens his crooked ear.

The last panel shows a close-up of the cake. It reads "Happy Birthday Sarah & Tommy".

I know I've marked them in parts, but I'm not entirely quite certain how to make them fit into your standard grid format. Of course, there is that thing you did on page eight, adding a page eight-point-five. But I suppose I'll leave that to your discretion...

If you're reading this, Kan, hope you like it. No music box necessary, since I don't wanna impose. Thanks so much for To the Moon.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:34:58 AM by Firenze »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2015, 01:57:54 AM »
I love this idea! :)

Firenze

• Tier 1