Author Topic: To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]  (Read 20187 times)

Riku

• Tier 1
Re: To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 09:40:10 AM »

This topic is such a nice idea :3
Here my suggestion:

The story start in a dark room, Neil is sleeping on his bed and he's bothered by something on his head.
He looking at it, and there is the "dream machine" (it doesn't have a proper name, right? I didn't find it  ??? ).

Affraid, he's looking right in front of his bed and
Spoiler: show
Platplat and bunny are dressed as doctors, staring at him :o

Neil wake up from his nightmare. 
Last box of the comic strip, Neil is trying to throw the platplat puppet and the origami by the window while Eva is restraining him.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:44:24 AM by Riku »

Teddy

• Tier 2
  • Above and beyond
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 05:07:48 AM »
My suggestion:
Rabbit and Platplat get the idea to shoot themselves to the moon using a cannon (think From the Earth to the Moon) and goes to an artillery range. Mistaking a thermos for a manned capsule (optionally, R or P knocking on a live shell in the background) they squeeze themselves inside. The capsule shakes (optionally with a loud boom from a firing cannon), but when it opens up, they're just met by a very confused soldier. Optionally, the final panel can show an actual shell detonating in the background as it strikes the field, to much shock and relief to Rabbit and Platplat.

broccoli

• Tier 1
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 01:39:18 AM »
Oh! How about platy and the rabbit watch the moon setting over an ocean and they dive in the water to follow it down.
Or maybe they strap small model rockets or mentos/coke soda bottles or something to the lighthouse and pretend its a spaceship.

Animemyster

• Tier 1
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »
Idea 1. PlatPlat and bunny try to use a jet pack and/or a hot air balloon to ascend into the sky during a full moon. Disaster strikes when either the air balloon pops or the jet pack fails, sending them spiraling down through the sky.

Idea 2. They hear about the moonwalk dance move and try to mimic it, thinking it will transport them to walk on the moon.

Nachtschwaermeer

• Tier 1
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
Hi!! Quick note, I loved To The Moon and hope Finding Paradise will turn out just as great <33

My idea would be Bunny pointing out again how Platypus ate too many fish, but Plat thinks of how bumblebees can fly too - even though they are chubby. Both proceed to interview different insects as how to fly, but in the end, they encounter an angry swarm of hornets, and the two of them fleeing, which ends the comic page.

Akira

• Tier 5
  • Masih berpikir..........
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 04:37:55 AM »
Nice comic, Reives!  :)
I don't know there is a comic about To The Moon   :facepalm:
Here's my idea
Spoiler: show
Platypus and little rabbit goes to public library to study Astronaut's exercise (so the Platypus know to overcome dizzy). When they coming in, they start searching a book about Astronaut. After a while, Platypus and the little rabbit got tired because the library big. Little rabbit got an idea. Little rabbit suggest Platypus to go to the receptionist.  :deepstuff:

P.S : Sorry about my sentences. I'm still learning English  :reivsweat:

MetalVolnutt

• Tier 1
  • "Live and let live"
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:37 AM »
Hello everyone! This is my first post in this forum. I just finished To The Moon for the third time (first and second times were some months ago). I just remembered how AWESOME this game is and now I'm so exited for Finding Paradise! To this I only wish to add a message to Kan Gao: Thanks for giving this game and its beautiful music to the world. I bought the OST from Steam and I'm listening to it while I write this. So inspirational. Respect.

Anyway, back on topic.

My idea for this comic would be something like this: It starts with Platplat and Paperabbit climbing a mountain in a vain atempt to reach the moon. They reach the top, where a strong wind is blowing. Looking for a solution, Platplat looks at Paperabbit and has a crazy idea. He takes Paperabbit and turns him into a paper plane, which he rides to the sky. However, just before arriving to the moon we realize that he was just imagining it all. The camera changes to the point of view of Paperabbit, who gets suspicious by Platplat's stare. Platplat then returns to reality and, together with his little friend, continue with their quest.

HipsterPie

• Tier 6
  • I euh...
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »
Hm. I wonder what kind of cheese the moon is made of. Is that their motivation?

I'd try to find out at least. Maybe with a really tall ladder.
Well, gorsh.

Mersopolis

• Tier 1
  • Thespian
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 04:18:24 PM »
Three ideas:
1. Attempt to bring the moon closer to them via a fishing rod. Perhaps with Plat Plat getting hooked on accident.
2. Find a HUGE inflatable object. Make sure it's inflated to the max. Open a hole, hoping that it will provide enough thrust to get them to the moon.
3. Find an umbrella and a geyser. Turn umbrella upside down and put in geyser. Sit in umbrella. Hope that the eruption will get them to the moon.

SerenaConch

• Tier 1
  • If you're with then everything's alright
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »
Ok so here is my idea for a way that the platypus and the paper bunny could attempt but fail at getting to the moon. So during their journeys they stumble upon a park during night time. While exploring the park The two stumble upon a river or pond (no pun intended). They see the reflection of the moon in the water and Platypus tells bunny to stay back while he goes in first and ends up just wet  :platquack: The reason for brave platypus is mainly because Bunny is origami and even though he's alive I assume he is still paper, same with the stuffed Platypus being, well, stuffed (and I really don't want the comics to end because bunny gets soggy and falls apart :'( ) So it was just an idea, you don't have to choose it but I think it was a very cute idea.
They all look the same from here but that doesn't make them any less pretty... I always thought they were lighthouses, Billions of lighthouses stuck at the far end of the sky, They can see the other lighthouses out there and they want to talk to them, But they can't all they can do is shine their lights from afar, So that's what they do, They Shine their lights at other lighthouses, and at me, because one day, I am going to befriend one of them.

oyefaust

• Tier 1
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 07:08:49 AM »
My comic idea:

Rabbit wakes up Platplat from a deep slumber. Rabbit then shows what he found in the garage sale of their neighbor (I'd like to think theY have new neighbors beside the lighthouse!). A white item was hanging from Rabbit's small hands, with a black part on its tip... it's a miniature space rocket! Platplat felt so excited seeing this item, as it's quite big for the usual remote controlled space rocket toy! Now they just need to find someone who will control the remote control for them to take to the moon! However, there is only one button in the remote control, it's a launch (to the moon) button! They didn't waste time; they hopped on the toy rocket and when they're ready, the threw a stone on the remote control to activate the launch button. To the moon they go!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:10:20 AM by oyefaust »

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
Holy cow, I have another idea!

What if at the end, the platypus and the bird don't actually go to the moon. Hold on, hear me out. So what I'm getting at from the comics is that the platypus is the more "careless","fun" type of animal, while the bird is more of the "sensible" friend.

With no real way to get to the moon without a rocket, they are basically "screwed", although, I was getting an idea where the bird tells the platypus that "Hey, maybe we don't need to go to the moon" The platypus replies with a confused :platquack:. The bird goes on to tell him that "They can watch over the lighthouse and send a message to Johnny and River on Earth". The bird tells him to follow and they arrive at the lighthouse. With the beam of the lighthouse's light, they aim the lighthouse lamp towards the full moon. The platypus stands in front of it, casting a shadow to the night sky while the bird rests on his shoulder for both Johnny and River to see.

You don't have to choose this, just had this quick little idea I wanted to share. Because I know you looovvee to mess with us with your plot twists in To the Moon minisodes. ;)

SpeakableJohn

• Tier 1
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
Whilst it's not necessarily them trying to get to the moon, how about a page that begins with them waking up, looking outside and being super confused and panicked about the sun being high in the sky, but there not being any moon? The final panel could show them exhausted from panicking much later on, only to look out into the sky and see the moon at night, a look of relief and happiness on Plat-plat's face! :)
-SpeakableJohn

Macka

• Tier 1
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »
Maybe they could try getting "Sigmund Corp." to get them to the moon (if they don't succeed).

LatchKey

• Tier 2
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
They could try using a pogo stick to get to the moon  :P

Or they could try to collect a huge number of balloons to carry them like in the movie Up.