Author Topic: To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]  (Read 20201 times)

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]
« on: June 12, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »

Feel free to submit your ideas for the comic on this thread! :platquack:
 http://freebirdgames.com/to-the-moon-too_comic/

Of course, we're only able to use a few of them as resources are limited, but we'll try our best. c: For those whose idea are chosen, a To the Moon music box will be awarded and sent at your choosing, and you will be credited as the guest contributor for the week on the comic.

One day, we might make a printed version of the entire comic as well, so please be cool with that if you submit a post! (I'll ask for permission @ the folks who posted earlier if one's drawn out of it.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:20:49 AM by Reives »

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
Re: To the Moon, Too! [Idea suggestions thread]
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:37:13 PM »
So the comic ends with the platypus and the little rabbit at the movies. Clearly, the platypus wants to give up anything to be back with the two main characters. So, we can actually have the platypus and the paper rabbit go on a mission around the (world?) to recruit other paper rabbits he encounters. Once they have recruited enough of those paper rabbits, the rabbits can go back to the exact same place where Johnny and River's rocket launched off from and the paper rabbits can come together and re-construct another rocket (almost like an origami rocket, but with hundreds of paper rabbits). They launch off, and travel to join Johnny and River on the moon. Once they have landed, the paper rabbits all fall apart (gracefully raining down on both Johnny and River). You can even have the landscape of the moon pan out showing the hundreds and hundreds of paper rabbits littered all over the moon. You can have Johnny and River look very surprised (but in a happy way) looking at all the help he has gotten from his paper rabbit friends.

An Alternative to the recruiting part of the story: Instead of having the platypus and his friend go around the world to recruit those rabbits around the world, he can go to the house where Johnny & River once lived in, and he can recruit the rabbits from there. I think there were some in the basement, and in the lighthouse as well (where the platypus can also go to). This alternative can make the mini-story go by faster.

To finish it off, I'd like to thank you guys for the amazing game. To the moon is one of the first games to make me feel emotionally attached to the game itself and the characters behind it. Thanks to all the hard work the developers and the team put into this. Thanks!

:platquack:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:58:07 PM by TheMysteryLynx »

Roxas Sword

• Tier 1
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:59:55 PM »
First off, Thank you so much for one of my favourite games ever.

Now, for ideas on how the rabbit and the platypus can get to the moon. It would be really cool if they tried to use a bouncy castle or trampoline. You could also reference A Bird's Story by have them try and use a paper airplane. OR (and this is my personal favourite) they could hear someone telling their child the nursery rhyme about the cow that jumped over the moon and they go find a cow and try to ride it to the moon.

Once again love these games, can't wait for the next one. This was actually one of the games that helped me decide to become a story writer for games, shows, movies and such, so thanks for that.

Zoefschildpad

• Tier 1
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 04:02:50 PM »
I'd like to see one where platplat ends up going to the "Over the Moon" adoption agency, because clearly it's just a short hop down from there. I'm not sure how it ends yet though. Either Platplat has to be rescued from an overly attached toddler, or Platplat and paperabbit end up accidentally adopting a baby.

GetMeToTheMoon

• Tier 1
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
My suggestions would be:

Mistaking the lighthouse from the game for a spaceship and attempting to launch it, causing their large, exasperated shadows to be projected into the sky.

Mistaking the setting of the moon for it falling closer to Earth, leading them to run/sail towards the horizon to catch it, only for it to rise again as they near.

Attempting to build a version of Leonardo DaVinci's flying machine to fly off a cliff towards the moon, only to slowly descend into the calm waters of the ocean below, where they sit atop the floating remains of their craft.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 05:30:42 PM »
I've got a little idea. How about for one they see how birds fly and try to make some wings (to fly to the moon) but in the end it doesn't work.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 06:44:42 PM »
Hey all, many thanks for participating (and the kind words)! I see really some cool ideas already. :) Speaking of which, please make sure there's a way for me to contact you (e.g. an active email address attached to your forum registration) for if an idea's chosen and made -- I might just send it as a PM, but it should give you an email alert if so. c:

:plat:

@Wynd:
Ahh, there's already a bird wing one in the queue :P

That reminds me, I should provide the ones that are already -- here's an image of some of Sarah's sketches from earlier this month. We might also do one involving a lasso, and one of those amusement tea-cup-spinny-thingies that launches it out.

TheMysteryLynx

• Tier 2
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
By the way Reives, how long will the To the Moon, Too comics last? And how extensive will the story be? I'm guessing up until Finding Paradise is out?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 07:46:11 PM by TheMysteryLynx »

Ichi Sumeragi

• Tier 2
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »
They try to disguise as super heroes and eventually just stand there, hands up trying to fly.

Boblionia

• Tier 1
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 08:31:48 PM »
Hey guys
First of all, I love the idea for the comic series, it's fantastic and adorable!
I think it would be cute to see them try to get to the moon by attempting to make some sort of origami ladder after seeing some kids play with paper or seeing some artwork depicting a stairway to heaven. Then when that idea folds in on itself, the last pannel could be them constructing a paper rocketship.
Hope I could help!

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
Sneaking into NASA and stowing away during a space travel mission.

Discovering a magic item of some sort that could teleport anyone to whatever place they wish.  However, they only find one of that item - so only one of them will be able to go to the moon.

Taking a hallucinogenic drug.

namelessuser

• Tier 1
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 09:09:03 PM »
Perhas they could end up at a circus and ask an elephant  for a ride  out of its trunk.

Or maybe try and use the trapeze to swing themselves  into the sky after seeing the acrobots fly into the air.

Love the games :)

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2015, 09:24:49 PM »
They go on a cheesy, "It's A Small World"-esque theme park ride (like Futurama's Whalers on the Moon or the ride in Idiocracy, for those who understand) with a space theme. You know, with singing animatronics and what not.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 10:10:47 PM »
@Reives ah yes. Say, is that the bird from A Bird Story? Also I'd love to see Eva and Neil as little Easter eggs in these comics :)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 05:01:36 AM »
Both  :platquack: And the rabbit saw a movie that show playing this :
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

And one of them is flying high to the sky until it gone

Then they found the same things at the park, and try it too.
And the rabbit keep jumping from morning until It's dark :platquack: and that's what makes the rabbit says it's because the  :platquack: eating too much... (Again)

===========================
Or maybe they both on a lake at night on the boat, thinking how to get to the moon, then the rabbit saw the reflection of the moon on the water, and the :platquack: spontaneously jump to the river/ lake while the rabbit waiting on the boat, then when  :platquack: go back to surface, he happily bring some fish and innocently forget why he jump into the river / lake, and the rabbit just do facepalm  :facepalm: