Author Topic: Examination stress  (Read 1567 times)

theufw

• Tier 3
Examination stress
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »
ARGH. My exams are here and I don't think I have enough stamina to finish them all....and revise the rest of the subjects at the same time. Help... =(

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
Re: Examination stress
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:50:52 AM »
Not sure what kind of exams you have, but power naps?

Green Dragon

• Tier 7
  • Finally unbound from my shackles, weak humans
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:49:26 AM »
... I didn't know that power naps worked. I just used to hit my head into a wall, or something hard... Whoops! Seems like I read it wrong! So it ain't a headache, that you're talking about, but examination stress... Three words: Follow Ruzus advice!

Luckily, I'm over that stuff, so I can just sit back and relax(and play the drums, of course)
If I could, I'd turn back time, forget it all and leave this mess behind.
If I could, her love would always be around.

zekallinos

• Tier 5
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:44:34 AM »
Your brain still works during sleep, revising everything you've seen, so don't forgo it, it won't do good.

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
Taking a walk outside could be quite refreshing as chances are you'd be staring at papers/screen for a long period of time.

Lunarea

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:22:10 PM »
Try meditation. It's the most effective way to reduce stress on your body and help focus the mind. If you're not familiar with different meditation techniques, here's a very simple way to meditate:
- Wear loose clothing and make sure that you're not too warm or cold and find a quiet area.
- Sit down or lie down in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and begin counting your breaths.
- When you get to 10, go back to 1.
- Your mind will wander to all the things you're stressed about, but just gently return back to counting.
- When you feel like your breathing has slowed, focus your attention to each part of your body and imagine it relaxing. You can imagine tingling or warmth.
- Once you're done with all the parts of your body, count your breaths once again to 10 and slowly open your eyes and stand up.
*Don't use candles to set the mood as you might drift off and it's a fire hazard.
**You could try music, but it can also be a source of distraction. For the first few times, omit it unless you need to tune out background noise.

Other than that, you can try drinking herbal teas. They are not only beneficial in helping your focus, but they can also have a calming effect on your body. You can drink green tea or mint tea to help you concentrate. If you just want to relax, try chamomile or ginger tea (which is also good for headaches).

theufw

• Tier 3
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 11:58:32 PM »
 :reivsmile:
Thanks! =)
I am doing my GCE A level examinations...
I'll try them all. Nice to know that all of you are really supportive...=)