Author Topic: To The Moon shameless Let's Play thing...  (Read 4726 times)

MrWomble

• Tier 2
  • Current Mood: happy happy
To The Moon shameless Let's Play thing...
« on: August 12, 2015, 06:48:08 AM »
Ok so I don't usually do this but i have done a Let's Play with another YouTuber of To The Moon... I know I know i suck and i hate myself for shamelessly publicizing like this but hey, i loved this game so much I want others to share in my joy... So this is the ting, don't watch my Let's Play, buy the game and play it yourself. Then if you really want to watch some awkward rubbish let's player play the game then hit me up on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrYWut3hs4&list=PLngLklZVrtxKoGvEWbPaiHP9Wz4HvaYf8&index=1 but like i said play the game first... you wont regret it.

I love this game i really do. :D

:plat: :platquack:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:27:20 AM by MrWomble »

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
Re: To The Moon shameless Let's Play thing...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 01:38:41 PM »
Well, you can edit posts afterwards ;)

As FTX-Band said, the differing volumes of you two guys make it a bit hard to follow. Seeing your reply to that, maybe I may offer some advice?
When I record LPs with other contributors, I first make sure every other contributor is about the same volume (from what I can hear), then we start the game and I check again whether the others' volume is at a good level as compared to the game audio.
My recording software (MSI Afterburner) is set to record my own voice on a different audio track than game & others' voices, so I can adjust my volume when editing the final thing.
I seem to recall there are solutions to record everyone's voices and the game's sound on their own track even - ultimate control FTW. But I'd have to google now to find out how.

And lastly, wow, someone else who likes LPing narrative games :D
Good luck with your channel!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:41:26 PM by Sun »

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »
The idea playing and dubbing at once might be a good idea (Since I haven't seen one before)
Maybe just a little bit deep expression to the voice will be awesome :D

MrWomble

• Tier 2
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 12:25:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice. We actually did a lot of tests on sound levels before we started the recording and i set everything up and it sounded crisp and smooth. Then we recorded about 2ish hours and then i listened back and found out my mic settings had reset making my audio levels lower than the games and Lydia's.

The advice about recording separate tracks is a tricky one for me as i don't use the best editing software, but i'm currently working on that, for now i record everything onto one track so i don't have to sync audio levels. I actually re did a few tests and parts 5-10 and the Sigmund episodes were a lot better sound levels.

It's a shame I messed up, but as it was my first collaboration I like to think I can get away with a few mistakes... As long as i dont make them again. :)

I'll check out your channel. I love narrative games, especially story rich games like this. :D

Well, you can edit posts afterwards ;)

As FTX-Band said, the differing volumes of you two guys make it a bit hard to follow. Seeing your reply to that, maybe I may offer some advice?
When I record LPs with other contributors, I first make sure every other contributor is about the same volume (from what I can hear), then we start the game and I check again whether the others' volume is at a good level as compared to the game audio.
My recording software (MSI Afterburner) is set to record my own voice on a different audio track than game & others' voices, so I can adjust my volume when editing the final thing.
I seem to recall there are solutions to record everyone's voices and the game's sound on their own track even - ultimate control FTW. But I'd have to google now to find out how.

And lastly, wow, someone else who likes LPing narrative games :D
Good luck with your channel!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:37:26 PM by MrWomble »

MrWomble

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »
Lydia was great with the expressions in her voice, I sadly was not. :P

The idea playing and dubbing at once might be a good idea (Since I haven't seen one before)
Maybe just a little bit deep expression to the voice will be awesome :D

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
Your mic volume reset? Let me guess: You used Skype for screen sharing. Well, if you were screen sharing and not in one room.
Skype has a function where it automatically adjusts mic volume. Best to turn it off in settings.
I learnt that the hard way, haha.

My channel is SonoraDW, and guess what game I started with ... Also with others :D
Something about TtM makes you want to share it, I guess.
What was Lydia's final verdict?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:47:39 PM by Sun »

MrWomble

• Tier 2
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 01:33:40 PM »
Yeah I was using skype to do the recording. I realised after that Skype had reset my mic settings, but I have un-ticked all the boxes and it is still doing it annoyingly. I think it is my soundboard on my pc that has fragmentation issues and i am definitely not clever enough to sort that out.  :seraismile:

You are 100% right about TTM. I have never shared any of my videos on forums (probably why I didn't know about the editing thing until you told me  :facepalm:) and I don't like to publicise but this game really moved me.  XD

Lydia had already played it but I felt like I needed someone to help me with the voices to do the game justice. And boy was she great :D I think she enjoyed it too.  :)

I'm going to do a bird story at some point which I haven't played either, and then when it comes out, Finding Paradise...

:needshat!: :hatsale!:

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
A Bird Story doesn't have any dialog but you can still do the minisodes :) I'd like to see that. Btw what's the link to your channel?
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

MrWomble

• Tier 2
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
I have already done the minisodes, and just to complete the set i will still do a video on a Bird Story... whether it is just the gameplay or whether it is just me reacting i don't know yet. All i know is that Lydia wont be playing that one with me. :P

My channel is www.youtube.com/MrWomble  :D