Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 3987 times)

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Hello everyone!
« on: April 12, 2015, 11:12:45 PM »
Hey, I'm The Flying Marlin. I'm a freshman in college from Minnesota majoring in mathematics and Japanese. I'm working on my own RPG maker horror game right now. My favorite games are To The Moon, Kerbal Space Program, and Ib. I first played To the Moon on October 4, 2014, and have been tripping on feels ever since.

If I could meet any three people they would be Kan Gao, Cenk Uygur and PewDiePie.

I wanted to join this forum so I could be with other people who love Freebird Games as much as I do.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:00:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Marlin. :) Glad you enjoyed TtM, and good luck with your own project! Which RM are you using?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:22:23 AM »
Welcome Marlin! :) You won't find a lot of people who like PewDiePie on here but hey atleast I'm not the only one.

And hey you like Ib as well :fezesarecool: If you like, I can recommend more horror RPGs you might like but most of them are not as good as Ib.
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:57 AM »
:plat:

Heyo dude!

Green Dragon

• Tier 7
  • Finally unbound from my shackles, weak humans
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 12:51:17 AM »
Hello. I'd prefer meeting Kan, HuskyStarcraft, and ... uhhh... I dunno ... Gavin Free maybe?
If I could, I'd turn back time, forget it all and leave this mess behind.
If I could, her love would always be around.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 01:54:02 AM »
It would be cool to meet Kan Gao in real life....  :-*

Welcome to the forums, we have cake!  :caketime:
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:00:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Marlin. :) Glad you enjoyed TtM, and good luck with your own project! Which RM are you using?

I'm using VX Ace, although in hindsight XP may have been better (I have both of them, as well as To the Moon, because of the Humble Bundle)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 05:19:21 AM »
Hi Flying Marlin :)
Welcome :)

I'm also RM VX User...
Just VX  ::)

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
Welcome Marlin! :) You won't find a lot of people who like PewDiePie on here but hey atleast I'm not the only one.

And hey you like Ib as well :fezesarecool: If you like, I can recommend more horror RPGs you might like but most of them are not as good as Ib.

I was more into Pewds a year ago, and although his content has changed, he's the reason I got into RPG gaming, so that's why I want to meet him.

By the way, which horror RPG's would you recommend? I'm not sure which ones are good and which ones aren't that good.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »
I've met Kan Gao before it was cool to meet Kan Gao! [/hipster]

Welcome, Marlin. :>

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »
Pewds is still okay, there are just not enough good games out there for him to play anymore...
By the way, try Corpse Party if you haven't.  Cool, scary RM game (by scary I mean f'ed up).

I've met Kan Gao before it was cool to meet Kan Gao! [/hipster]

You mean when his voice didn't have as much bass to it than it has now?  :D

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »
I was more into Pewds a year ago, and although his content has changed, he's the reason I got into RPG gaming, so that's why I want to meet him.

By the way, which horror RPG's would you recommend? I'm not sure which ones are good and which ones aren't that good.
Well I only know a few and I don't know if you've already played them or not but The Witches House is pretty scary, Mad Father, Masao (which is apparently in the same universe as Mad Father) theres actually a site filled with RPGs. I think it was VG Person or something ??? you might be able to find some good custom made horror games on here even.

By the way, I love to meet Pewdiepie and Kan in real life too :) but I might be dumb struck and too shy to greet them :blush:

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 09:57:06 PM »

Well I only know a few and I don't know if you've already played them or not but The Witches House is pretty scary, Mad Father, Masao (which is apparently in the same universe as Mad Father) theres actually a site filled with RPGs. I think it was VG Person or something ??? you might be able to find some good custom made horror games on here even.

By the way, I love to meet Pewdiepie and Kan in real life too :) but I might be dumb struck and too shy to greet them :blush:
By Masao, did you mean Misao? And is it really in the same universe as Mad Father? I've heard of Mad Father (read up on it and watched a very small portion), but as far as connections between Misao and Mad Father, I watched Markiplier play Misao, and he thought it was connected to Mad Father because it had the same bald character model...but, I'd need more than that to believe that they're actually connected. I also believe that in the ending of Misao, it was stated that it was the creator's first game (hope I'm not just remembering it wrong). Also, if you compare the story of Misao to Corpse Party, which came before it, it's pretty much just a ripoff of it.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 05:02:16 AM »
Welcome Marlin. :)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »
Quote from: Abrom
By Masao, did you mean Misao? And is it really in the same universe as Mad Father?
Yes I did and yeah apparently. I have yet to watch those videos though.

Quote from: Abrom
If you compare the story of Misao to Corpse Party, which came before it, it's pretty much just a ripoff of it.
I don't think it's meant to be a ripoff. They're two completely different games and should stay that way. Besides how do you figure these storylines are exactly the same anyway?