Author Topic: Wedding Toppers  (Read 3927 times)

Calinero

• Tier 2
Wedding Toppers
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:52:36 AM »
So, I'm getting married in June, and my fiance and I are huge fans of To the Moon.  We were considering trying to get some sort of To the Moon wedding toppers for our cake--something along the lines of River, Johnny, and maybe the lighthouse as well.  Unfortunately, we haven't seen any examples of these lying around the internet.  We figure our best bet would be to custom order one from somewhere.  Does anyone have any good recommendations for where we could get this done, or would there be potential copyright issues with the game?  Has anyone done this before?

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Wedding Toppers
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »
The closest, most bona fide you would get is to have usual figures and match colors (i.e. yellow/blue dress and orange hair for the woman).  And oh, with 'Anya by the Stars' as the walk-in music. :)

As far as I know this is the first time somebody talked marriage per se here, IDK, I think all Freebirdians are still unmarried!

Reives

• Dr Platplat
  • Director
  • Tier 7
    • Freebird Games
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 05:43:40 PM »
It's totally cool with me, but I appreciate that you asked. :) Good luck finding one / getting one made, and congratulations!

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:05:43 PM »
I haven't seen any TtM wedding toppers, but I am sure that it wouldn't be too hard to get them made. A light house topper would be easy to find, and then after that all you need to a male figure with brown hair in a tuxedo, and the hard part would be the female figure, you'd need to find a red headed figure in a blue and yellow wedding dress. River seems to be the only hard part of it. I don't know much about wedding toppers and cakes, but I am sure that you can get something custom made.

Good luck!  :)
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Calinero

• Tier 2
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »
Thanks so much Reives!  Glad to hear you approve.

And yeah, finding the yellow and blue female figure will probably be a hard part.  Incidentally, it was researching how to do this that made my fiance and I realize that those colors were to make her look like the rabbit in the sky.

To the Moon:  The game that just keeps on breaking your heart.

Calinero

• Tier 2
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »
An update for those who were interested:  my fiance and I found someone who makes chibi figurines on Etsy and have commissioned them to make the toppers.  I'll post pictures once they've actually been made.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 05:13:28 PM »

And yeah, finding the yellow and blue female figure will probably be a hard part.  Incidentally, it was researching how to do this that made my fiance and I realize that those colors were to make her look like the rabbit in the sky.

I'm curious - what part of River is supposed to be 'yellow.' Are we talking about her orange hair? Her skin color? Not really sure :/
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »

I'm curious - what part of River is supposed to be 'yellow.' Are we talking about her orange hair? Her skin color? Not really sure :/

Her wedding dress.

PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 08:53:34 PM »

Her wedding dress.

Ooohhhh, I see now. That's the only time she's wearing yellow, right? For the rest of To The Moon, she's all blue?
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"