Author Topic: My friend didn't play To The Moon, but he watched Markiplier's let's play of it.  (Read 4397 times)

technomancer64

• Tier 2
After playing To The Moon and crying alot, I made my friend promise me to play it. Eventually, he said he watched the first 15 minutes of it on a let's play by Markiplier (I think it was by him). I was cool with that, but i made him promise me not to watch the entire let's play of it from any youtube commentator before he played the game entirely. Please keep in mind that I hate about 90% of youtube commentators, and markiplier is in that category. I do not think he should be hearing the noises that emerge from his body, while seeing and listening to this awesome game. Unfortunately, he recently sent me a text telling me that he watched his entire let's play of it. So, now I'm thinking about giving him a seventy cubic meter of pure asswhupping to him. If any of you have any other ideas about what i should do, then please tell me. For example, you could give me advice and instructions on how to surgically remove certain sections of his flesh and body.

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
LPs of course isn't as fun as playing the real thing, though I don't reckon Reives is that uptight about them.

As for the last sentence, well, you could watch a Jeffrey Dahmer documentary or something...

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
If your friend's first experience with this beautiful game was accompanied with Markiplier's screams and other acts, then I think he has already received his punishment. :)

(I don't hate Markiplier, I actually get curious to see how people react to To the Moon, but I would never experience a game for the first time with a let's play).

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
If your friend's first experience with this beautiful game was accompanied with Markiplier's screams and other acts, then I think he has already received his punishment. :)

Hear, hear.

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Let it go, man.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Markiplier's playthrough wasn't too bad. He cried a couple times through it (but, really, he seems to cry about everything now), and I laughed pretty good at his own lines that he was putting in place of Neil's when he was giving facts of about the moon to John. But, he did make some mistakes, such as confusing John's mom for his grandmother. I wouldn't say that it was a ruined experience, but not as heightened as it could have been, had your friend watched a silent playthrough. As for your reaction, yes, it's only suiting that you would wish physical harm on him for not enjoying the most touching game ever. Make him cry one way or another. Kan would have wanted it that way. Lol.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

technomancer64

• Tier 2
I just felt like bitching about my problem. Thanks for listening to me.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
I just felt like bitching about my problem.
I wasn't expecting that O_O
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

technomancer64

• Tier 2
Guys, I'm sorry. It turns out that eventually I told him to watch the lets play if he couldn't buy it. I just forgot about. I'm serious, and i am feeling some shame about this.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Guys, I'm sorry. It turns out that eventually I told him to watch the lets play if he couldn't buy it. I just forgot about. I'm serious, and i am feeling some shame about this.
That's ok. Someone told me to watch about two years ago. Back then I didn't have a Steam account nor the money to buy it but I'm glad I watched it when I did :) and I still cried :noahtear:
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(