Author Topic: 2 Little Questions  (Read 2943 times)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
2 Little Questions
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
So,
I've been thinking.

1. As for the machine that can alternate somebody's mind, That reminds me about the machine in the Inception Movie. Isn't that should work the same and isn't that mean that it's okay if the person awake after the memory changed ? (Since in the Inception Movie, It works just fine.So, It will work the same way, isn't it ?)

2. In the end of To The Moon, Eva got phone call by a new patient. And in the Minisode, Neil also got the phone call by a new patient. So, I'm assuming that two is from two different Client, Which one is for the "Finding Paradise" ?
And from who is the other one ?

:deepstuff: ~ Hmmmm....
Just wondering.

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: 2 Little Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
1) No, it won't work out. The artificial memories will create many inconsistencies that will cause severe problems which is why it is only done to people who are about to die.

2) It's Eva and Neil's work, so I wouldn't say that either of them necessarily has to be the new client in Finding Paradise. And I'm sure there are plenty of client stories untold because we can't possibly have a game for each one. ;)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »
First, the machine doesn't work exactly like it does in Inception (I have the movie but I haven't actually seen it :reivsweat: ) the machine in TtM overwrites the original memories with new, wish granting memories. If the patient wakes up after the procedure, the two sets of memories start conflicting with each other, meaning the brain can't properly function.

Second, yeah I've been wondering that too but remember in the minsode Eva said to Willis "Thanks for covering for our double call yesterday" I thinking maybe that's what it was. I wonder what the new minisode will be about, can't wait :)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »
1) No, it won't work out. The artificial memories will create many inconsistencies that will cause severe problems which is why it is only done to people who are about to die.

Inconsistencies ?
such as ?

First, the machine doesn't work exactly like it does in Inception (I have the movie but I haven't actually seen it :reivsweat: ) the machine in TtM overwrites the original memories with new, wish granting memories. If the patient wakes up after the procedure, the two sets of memories start conflicting with each other, meaning the brain can't properly function.

Well,
Isn't that in the movie, It's also rewrite the original memories with the new one ?
But, Well of course just a part of it.
But I think It's start to make sense for me :deepstuff:

Jesicani

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:22:21 PM »
The machines in Inception don't create memories, in fact they have nothing to do with memories. The Inception machines creates a world where one can immerse themselves in a dream and, if you have the talent, you should be able to easily manipulate the world around you. For the most part, the person using the machine knows they are in a dream (unless you happen to be Leonardo DiCaprio's character who is so good at dreaming and creating worlds consistent with how the real world functions that differentiating between reality and the dream world is difficult).

Relish Dyrone's hype!

A Fat Kid

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:23:58 PM »
Both machines from TtM and Inception deal with the implantation of memories/ideas, but we know for certain that it is different. TtM's is implanted in memories. Inception's is implanted through dreams. Even if they were implanted in exactly the same way, the very fact that this tech doesn't exist and that both of them exist in different universes means that it's impossible to compare them. They are not the same machine and do not need to work the same way.

As for the inconsistencies, Squall is talking about how the patient doesn't lose the original memories. You'd have 2 distinct sets of memories afterwards. Reives has never elaborated on how that would kill the patient.

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:30 PM »

Inconsistencies ?
such as ?
Well, considering that the person would wake up to a world that doesn't match with what they believed to be reality, it might drive them crazy. Look at it this way - Let's say that John had his memories altered with a little more time left before his death. In his new memories, River and him lived happily ever after to the very end. If he had those memories when he woke up, only to find out the hardships that they actually faced, including River's death, you can only imagine what unbelievable pain that would cause John. You might say "Well, couldn't they just kill off old River in his memories to match the real world?" I suppose so, but that would only take care of one inconsistency. How about if John found out that his brother had been dead all along? To grant the patient's wish, there's so many things that have to be changed in their memories; that's why the patient can't face the real world afterwards.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:06 AM »
Ok, now It's make sense to me.

Inconsistencies ?
such as ?
Well, considering that the person would wake up to a world that doesn't match with what they believed to be reality, it might drive them crazy. Look at it this way - Let's say that John had his memories altered with a little more time left before his death. In his new memories, River and him lived happily ever after to the very end. If he had those memories when he woke up, only to find out the hardships that they actually faced, including River's death, you can only imagine what unbelievable pain that would cause John. You might say "Well, couldn't they just kill off old River in his memories to match the real world?" I suppose so, but that would only take care of one inconsistency. How about if John found out that his brother had been dead all along? To grant the patient's wish, there's so many things that have to be changed in their memories; that's why the patient can't face the real world afterwards.

So,
It's either He's dead after that, or he got second change, but he'll be dead anyway  :deepstuff:
Hmmm, Ok ...
I think I got it, Thanks guys ;)