Author Topic: To The Moon [Written as a story]  (Read 2414 times)

CheeseOnTurtles

• Tier 1
To The Moon [Written as a story]
« on: December 14, 2014, 04:32:55 AM »
Howdy, everyone! So, I've started a bit of a project. I'm going to try to write the entirety of 'To The Moon' in the form of a written story. Act 1 will likely take a while, but for now, enjoy this prologue! Feedback is much appreciated.

Prologue:

Dr. Rosalene and Dr. Watts stumbled their way out of the car that had just swerved into a tree's trunk.
   "Where were you looking, Neil?!" Dr. Rosalene asked, glaring towards Dr. Watts.
   "Well excuse me for heroically evading that squirrel coming out of nowhere!" he responded callously. The aggravated woman looked to the road to find a squirrel that lay dead on the pavement.
   "... You ran over it anyways."
   "... Oh."
   "You ran over it AND hit a tree..." she said, glaring back towards him.
   "Look, don't worry, it's a company car." he said, trying to calm her down a bit.
   "Are you kidding me? The boss is going to kill us!" Eva Rosalene had always been a bit intense. This situation was no different.
   "Hm..." Neil pondered, "We'll just say I was saving a puppy. He likes puppies, right?" and Neil Watts was pretty much her polar opposite.
   "He's more of a cat person."
   "... Why does the world have to be so complicated?" Neil retorted in a sarcasticly philosophical manner. "Fine, whatever furball he fancies. Crisis averted."
    "Good, go write that on your report later. Let's grab the equipment from the car and move already."
   Neil dug into the car, and pulled out a big, mechanical device.
   "Got the sucker. Let's roll."
   Neil and Eva turned towards the forest and came across a sign, still near the road. "Wyles household ahead." Eva read outload
   "Putting up a sign when they live in the middle of nowhere is like asking to be robbed." Neil smirked.
   They followed the pathway next to the sign, and traversed into the forest.
There was an obvious path to follow, that had stairs ascending to help hiking up the hill. Exiting through the other side of the small forest, they found a fence surrounding a rather large property. They entered through the open gate and saw the luscious yard, with a house to match. Flowerbeds all around, a small pond on the left side, with a bench to the right of it, small bushes outlining the exterior of the pathway, it was quite beautiful. They went up to the front door, and knocked.
   "Not a bad place to retire at, huh?" Eva said, taking in the landscape whilst waiting for the door to be opened.
   "I could do better." Neil said after setting down the heavy equipment and a moment of looking around.
   "Nightshifts; love 'em or hate 'em?" he said, changing the subject.
   "You know the answer, you stupid owl."
   "... It's probably gonna be another all-nighter, y'know." he responded, watching Eva knock on the door once more.
   "I know."
   "And I doubt they'd have any coffee..."
   "Shut up." she said, knocking a third time.
   "... And the ocean waves will sing lullabies..." he continued, taunting her.
   "Not through your blathering, they won't."
   "And your eyelids wi-" Neil's blabbering was interrupted by the door finally opening. Eva made her way inside and Neil followed.
   "Don't forget the equipment, moron." She said turning back towards him. He sighed and turned back around to grab the equipment.
   "I don't get paid enough for this." he grunted to himself.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: creative creative
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: To The Moon [Written as a story]
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:03:22 AM »
That's really good. Best I've seen so far :deepstuff: Many people have tried to re-write TtM as a book but no one has ever completed it but I hope you do, looking forward to it :)

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »
Awesome stuff you got there  :) Really interested in this. Try not to change the original storyline, and add some pics from the game if you're making it into a book. All the best!
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
Awesome stuff you got there  :) Really interested in this. Try not to change the original storyline, and add some pics from the game if you're making it into a book. All the best!
Lol, so this should be a picture book now?
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 05:43:59 PM »
Lol, so this should be a picture book now?
Haha, its just a suggestion, I don't know. I just thought of it
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....