Author Topic: The Relic Curse  (Read 4572 times)

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
The Relic Curse
« on: October 26, 2008, 03:22:58 AM »
Note: The Title is a work in the progress, but it works.

Story
Spoiler: show

Story: When Anya a miner on the edge of the fire Isle illegally enters the Ridgeon Mines, she finds a strange glowing orb. When she touches the orb she instantly becomes frozen in a block of crystal, Anya awakens and finds herself in her home when she meets Herald a man from a place called 'Home' while fighting Herald a powerful spell is released from Anya's body. The next day, Anya flees the mining town when a creature formed of darkness attacks herů

Summarized

This is about Anya,Damien, and Derrick. This is about them finding some ancient artifiacts that someone wants and will kill for and about what the artifacts will do to their host. So its basically they gather friends who helps save them, while trying to stop a much bigger plot.

Background Story

Background Story: The story of the game is 500 years after the events of Vindrick and Nathan of Hollow, the game focuses on Anya and her problems and the effects of Vindrick and Nathan.
I'm going to make use of a certain item I had since my first game idea, and hopefully it'll go well with this game and help get a better understanding of Elvira.

Characters

Evenline Elise
Sex: Female
Current Race: Human
Current Weapon: Bow & Arrows
Affinity: Shade
Biography: Anya became a miner because it was a different job from what the other ladies had been doing in her hometown on the Lore Isle. Anya had been taught to use spears and bows at a young age by her father who use to be a military officer of the Central Isle, because of her training not only is she a miner she also the protector against any stray fiends. Anya throughout the game will have many skills for healing and defense, but in return has low defense.

Damien Edges
Sex: Male
Race: Elemental
Weapon: Sword(s) and Bows & Arrows
Affinity: Earth and Shade
Biography: Damien is a friend of Anya's since she was eight, Damien comes and visits Anya every once and awhile from the earth isle, though recently Anya has been sending him some letters as usual but he hasn't been returning them. After getting Damien on your team, he will only be able to use one sword, but after awhile into the storyline Damien will be able to use two swords at once.

Raven Straddle
Race: Human
Weapon: Magic Dust
Affinity: None
Biography: Not much is known of raven since he leaves alone in the swamps of the dead, though he appears to have an extensive knowledge over Elvira. Raven is the best spell caster you'll have unless you earn a hidden character in. His strongest spells relies on you finding scrolls that are side missioned :p.

Derrick
Weapon: Rapier
Affinity: ???
Biography: A strange man awakened from a crystal similar to Evenline's, though he seems to hold much more power. His true reasons for aiding Anya in her quest to rid herself of her new found power is unknown. Leon has the power to interact with elements of all kinds except for Shade, he is a power hitter and with threaten he can freeze a opponent for one turn for the party, his weakness though are elements of all sorts.

Dark Gazer
Sex: ???
Race: Phantom
Weapon: Black Mirrior Sword
Affinity: Shade
Biography: A strange phantom that haunts Derrick, why it helps Anya when Derrick isn't around is also unknown.

Alexia
Sex: Female
Weapon: Rifle
Biography: A young female who lives with her brother, Charlie. She helps Charlie run a small boat buisness. Alexia is a normal character with no loses or gains.

Charlie
Weapon: Sword and Knife
Biography: A young sailor of the seas, he dreams of taking Alexia with him into the unknown seas of Elvira. Charlie is one of the weakest characters around, but makes up for it with lots of support magic.

I'll hand you this guy, hes my favorite hidden character.
Ramus
Weapon: Enchanted Knives
Affinity: Time
Biography: Ramus a young man who is frozen in a slab of ice who journeys with the party thanks to Anya saving him, Ramus keeps his past a secret as he refers that it gives to many scars. Ramus, occupation basically tells you what he does as he slows down his foes with plenty of skills and spells downside to Ramus he has little health points and soul points so have a healer and some items with you :p.
Location: Near a town in the mountains of snow, he will be in a cave of ice upon the earth isle.

Screenshots

Features

Orb Health Meter - Thanks to Sarkilas ;)
Side View Battle System
Hidden Characters - Like Tekken, or Bloody Roar
Hard Battles - Like erm, Demon Legacy and Balmung Cycle.

Credits

Side-View Battler Script - Paradog
Orb Health Meter - Sarkilas
Original Character Sprites - Ruzu
Faces - http://sozaimenu.gozaru.jp/english.html
Weather Script - CCOA
Enterbrain - RTP Graphics
Ico Music - Composer and Rightful Owners
Shadow of the Colossus - Composer and Rightful Owners
Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 - Composer and Rightful Owners

More to come :p

Inspiration

Quintessence
Dragon Ball Z
Megaman Legends
Megaman Legends 2
Twilight Zone
Monster Quest
Claymore
Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
Bleach
Morbito: Guardian of the spirit
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Convenant
Demon Legacy
Phantom Legacy
Code Geass
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
.hack//sign
.hack//twilight of the bracelet
.hack//roots
.hack//Gu (1-4)
.hack//Infection//Mutation//Outbreak//Quarantine
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:41:53 AM by Ruzu »

Sarkilas

• Tier 6
  • That guy
  • Current Mood: creative creative
Re: Aegis Walk In The Dusk
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:48:52 AM »
Hey, you finally got this up :reivsmile:

I like how you didn't spoil too much of the story. It proves to be able to evolve into a very decent plot. I like the fact that you're making original graphics instead of evolving around 100% RTP.
The first screenshot has a battler problem and the orbs disappear into the top of the status window o.o
Your maps are rather plain, but I do like the cave map.

Keep this up!

Need scripting help? Toss me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
Also able to help with anything RMXP related. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »
I'm trying to try some random stuff with the plot but stay close to the original storyline. Also yeah those are mostly outdated except, the desert screens anyway, as Derrick was removed as the protagonist for Anya, and I fixed the status window for the battle except the battlers are still cut in half like that  :'( so I'm searching for a new side-veiw battle script that no one I know right now is using ;p. Hopefully this will move along nicely (procrastinating ftw), and I hope to make the characters looker cleaner then Anya's current character looks, her battler looks so much better :P.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
Double Posting for an update.

Minor Updates, added information on Ramus the Hinderer. New screenshots, and changed Derrick to Leon as I found notes from my old story, which I should finish writing :D also have Anya's new battler up which needs to be fixed but will do for now.

Also I decided to try no random battles or enemie sprites on screens (Though I'm leaning towards it very dangerously) and decided to have hidden event spots on the map and letting the player step on them to ignite a battle sequence.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »
Because everyone has been updating latley and I feel left out of the game.

I've been thinking that, certain battles would look weird if characters looked different and just changed to a huger battler and fought that way then went back to normal sprite view, I've been playing alot of RM2k3 games and tought hey they look like their respective battlers. [/rant]

So I eventually found my way to a small community forum, and found Paradog's side-view battle script and from what I read it was free for use. But because I used google translator I'm not to sure, I'll look into this script some more.

Opening sequence with Derrick (Yes, I've decided to go back with this name) and two theives trying to make a quick buck.

This one is of Derrick looking for traces of a monster, who has a haunted him for years.

Also, I have all the items for healing hp/mp and doing damage done and half of the weapon inventory done, and the opening is about done, and the first two dungeons are almost done.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 05:51:09 AM »
 :) I'd be lieing if I could, they just are good shows and help inspire me with things. Espically dragon ball Z, with spells/skills :D.

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 12:08:04 AM »
The latest screenshot has a grammar mistake regarding the second comma (it needs to be removed).
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

soranokira

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: bored bored
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 02:16:40 AM »
looks quite neat, and will there be a demo? because there seems to still be quite a lot of things that still needs to be done for this game.
The wind will cease to be one day, and as I pass, what marks remain?
Graduation is not the end, we'll still be friends from here on out

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 06:25:33 AM »
Depends on how long this side project takes, and if I feel the dialogue in the first chapter (It's like 10-15 minutes long at the moment without gameplay) is worth people sitting through because it's so short. :X

I'll probably end up having the demo stop a little into chapter two, and yes quite a lot needs to be finished. :X

KRoP

• Tier 5
  • lol quintessence
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »
  Ruzu, I'd suggest you release chapter by chapter, rather than releasing 1.2 chapters each edition or anything of that sort.
I recently discovered that I was capable of sending coins to myself, and exploiting this is surprisingly entertaining.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 10:43:44 PM »
Alright then, you got it.
If I keep on working, a demo will be released in janurary, not making any bets on that though(I am failing math modules at the moment so I'm sorta...studying).

soranokira

• Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »
then at least, a demo by feb/march? inclusive of all your general daily needs and problems. then there'll be something more to look forward to.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 03:20:15 AM »
We will see, I'll probably get done since its x-mas break and I don't have plans :P.

Ruzu

• Tier 7
  • I'm stalking youuuuzzz
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 05:55:57 PM »
Well since it's been a while lawlz I'll give a quick update...if you can call it that, if it seems like I'm whining sorry lawlz.

Truthlly I haven't worked on this since I tried killing myself with a knife, but I worked on the storyline and characters and made them more human and gave them more emotions and by accident made a little love scene when I was feeling depressed. It's not a complete love scene but its quite sad so yeah its sad.

The battle system is working...meh I hate it because its not RTAB and so I'm starting to want to go tactics battle system rofl. That way I can do a lot of things I want but make it more harder to work on the game and the battles would be pretty hard working on them.

Then I did try making battlers again with the old battle system but all I can do is re-colour and pillowshade, sad, no? :( then I been struck by Horror stories and wanted to make a horror game instead and a horror novel.

Though I did finish the first dungeon and I finished working on the scene with Evenline and Herald, and changed so much of this then how I previously had it in mind.

Copy Post #2

That gerbil doesn't help me with being mentally ill ^_^...

I'm not sure about using a TBS truthlly, my only problem is that I'm not sure how that'd effect the battle system I had originally thought out. I'm going to have to look into Final Fantasy Tactics and or Phantom Brave and the sort for ideas on making a TBS work.

Because if I use a TBS then I don't have much need for seven maps at the beginning of the game and stuff.
Then again...I can do new things for a TBS like for a treasure hunter class in the middle of battle, you can walk to a random spot on the map and it will tell the treasure hunter a item is hidden there and two turns later you get a relic item or something...Yeah...

Didn't feel like typing this all over lawlz *is so lazy* so here is everything I posted on Eminweb's.

soranokira

• Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »
maybe you should get the ideas written out first before you work on the game itself, so you don't 'derail' so much.

It's human tendency to lose trail of thought when we do alot and after long periods of time.