Author Topic: Unresolved Sexual Tension?  (Read 9314 times)

NeilFan

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Unresolved Sexual Tension?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 10:38:58 AM »
I think Neil is quite fond of Eva. Kan has made it quite clear that they've known each other for a long time, and they know each other well. My friend has pointed out that they act a lot like a married couple. They do care about each other, but I don't think this will sprout into a romance any time soon, although they are quite adorable. This just ain't one of those corny stories where two friends fall in love with each other and live happily ever after in each other's arms. Neil might have the tiniest little crush on Eva, and he both annoys ad amuses Eva, but as the imaginary people say, "Work before Womance". Eva and Neil weren't the main idea in To The Moon, but their relationship should develop through the episodes.  :deepstuff: :Evapple:

That scene was really cute though. As well as,

"Y'know I... *scratches head bashfully* didn't really mean to call you a moron, right?"

"You know that I did, right?"

Eva's the serious, stone-faced one. Especially when at work. No time for feelings!

Neil's pretty squishy compared to Eva. :P

Excellent observation! :)

kikikai

• Tier 5
  • *staaaaaaaaaaaaaaares*
  • Current Mood: doubtful doubtful
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 07:27:11 PM »
Squishy squishy Neil! *pokes squishy Neil*

Gogobrasil8

• Tier 3
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 01:32:48 PM »
He was trying to pull her off. haha  :broom:
Lunair >> all

To the Moon - Finished
Do you remember my lullaby? - Finished
The Mirror Lied - Finished
Quintessence - Finished (Sorta, of course.)
A Bird`s Story - Finished

:plat:<- I love This Smiley

Twitter: @gogobrasil8_br

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
Oh wow, I actually didn't think there would be any confusion on this part. Well, TO ME, it was pretty obvious what was happening - Throughout the game, Eva and Neil's interactions with each other were mostly comedic. This was done to lighten up the mood at a lot of points, because otherwise, the sadness of the story would become too much to bear. When John and River were launching to the moon together...it's the finale, a very touching and HAPPY finale. The creator obviously wanted the viewer to at least smile at this point, so, Neil, feeling the moment like everyone else, moved in closer to Eva and put his hand on her shoulder. However, Eva, to keep in consistency with their comedic relationship, pushes Neils arm off, and Neil backs away. The whole purpose of that scene was to put a smile on the viewer's face. That moment was meant for you. It was using a combination of the touching moment, along with our understanding of Neil and Eva's relationship, to put a smile our faces.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:08:04 AM by Abrom »
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"

NeilFan

• Tier 3
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »
Oh wow, I actually didn't think there would be any confusion on this part. Well, TO ME, it was pretty obvious what was happening - Throughout the game, Eva and Neil's interactions with each other were mostly comedic. This was done to lighten up the mood at a lot of points, because otherwise, the sadness of the story would become too much to bear. When John and River were launching to the moon together...it's the finale, a very touching and HAPPY finale. The creator obviously wanted the viewer to at least smile at this point, so, Neil, feeling the moment like everyone else, moved in closer to Eva and put his hand on her shoulder. However, Eva, to keep in consistency with their comedic relationship, pushes Neils arm off, and Neil backs away. The whole purpose of that scene was to put a smile on the viewer's face. That moment was meant for you. It was using a combination of the touching moment, along with our understanding of Neil and Eva's relationship, to put a smile our faces.

This actually makes sense.

Erenussocrates

• Tier 5
  • Broke Reives' laptop :P
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:55 AM »
He obviously just tried to make a move on her, because he's your typical guy :p
And eva just brushed him off, also as it was clarified on holiday special that
Spoiler: show
eva wants to keep personal and professional life separate, and seems to not feel a thing for neil
So in short, the whole thing was only a comedic relief. Just like their usual bickering :d I don't think that it was out of place.
Videogame developers are not gods that anyone should worship. I hereby decide that is my top existential reason to prove that horrible, horrible misconception, because that is becoming annoyingly rampant in every corner of the internet.  They can deserve critism, or thrashing even. It doesn't even need to be constructive critism. And even if you are a free game developer doesn't mean community is your personal ego farm.