Author Topic: Dragon Mage's Drawing Pad  (Read 123113 times)

soysauce91

• Tier 1
  • :D
    • soysauce91's drawing dump
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
Re: Dragon Mage's creative thread.
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2015, 03:10:48 AM »
Why did that DuckBiscuit guy said such a bad thing ☉ㅁ⊙?!
Never mind what that guy said, Dragon Mage, I love all your work(*゚▽゚*) Your drawing is really cute and lovely!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:21:29 AM by soysauce91 »
Sorry for my bad english:). I have never learned english writing, So I can understand english, but can't write it fluently.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2015, 03:31:03 AM »
I have people I dislike however but I'm not going to state them here :-\
What a relief. Thanks!

But seriously, I think you guys are antagonizing DuckBiscuit too much. Yeah, he could have phrased his opinion in a more polite way, but he wasn't aggressive either. He didn't just say "u suck!11 lolololol". He gave you his opinion, reasons for it and even added some advices.

Look at it this way: if everyone just said your pictures were perfect, you'd think to yourself "oh, so they're good enough" and would never improve. Criticism is a very important thing for developing artistic skills.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:33:04 AM by Kyo »

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2015, 03:54:48 AM »
But seriously, I think you guys are antagonizing DuckBiscuit too much. Yeah, he could have phrased his opinion in a more polite way, but he wasn't aggressive either. He didn't just say "u suck!11 lolololol". He gave you his opinion, reasons for it and even added some advices.
Well he did start off very cruelly. I mean why should someone feel bad if they are drawing badly?! Also, these drawings aren't as bad as he is making out.
Eh. These are quite bad and you should feel bad.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2015, 04:31:57 AM »
Yeah, that wasn't a good start, but he probably wanted to begin with a meme as a joke.

Spoiler: show
This is off topic, but I just need to reply to Roxaszu, who has used an argument that doesn't make sense and I take my time to counter it every time I see or hear it. Hopefully, one day people will stop using it.

I wonder if this guy really can drawing as well as how he said it...
You don't need to do something better to be able to criticize. Otherwise, there would be one best artist, the only one who can criticise others, one games developer who can criticise video games and so on.
I don't need to sing better than Justin Bieber to form my opinion of his songs. Movie critics usually aren't people who made their own movies before as well.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2015, 07:03:04 AM »
Ah, Yes...
You right.
Thanks for reminding me, Kyo... :reivsweat:
Actually DuckBiscuit do have some point in his advice (For improving if you wanna grow deeper in drawing a person).
It's just his first sentence just too much, That's all...  :facepalm:

DuckBiscuit

• Tier 1

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2015, 02:47:59 AM »
Whoa, should I now reply just by linking to a definition of passive-aggressive?
The negative reactions you got were due to you starting your post off in such a rude way.
Your point was valid - she can still improve her drawing - another forum member came to your defense, and the person you were addressing it to agreed. She knows there still is room to improve. That's more than you get in most places on the internet. What more can one want?

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2015, 03:17:49 AM »
The negative reactions you got were due to you starting your post off in such a rude way.
Your point was valid - she can still improve her drawing - another forum member came to your defense, and the person you were addressing it to agreed. She knows there still is room to improve. That's more than you get in most places on the internet. What more can one want?
I still feel a bit offended though. Should I only post the ones I'm proud of or just not post people drawings at all?

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2015, 04:01:20 AM »
I still feel a bit offended though. Should I only post the ones I'm proud of or just not post people drawings at all?
You shouldn't feel ashamed or bad about posting your drawings, since you have been posting your drawings they have been getting better. It's not logical to stop just because you need to improve, all the more reason to continue. And I think this duck guy likes you, he has only been posting on this thread.  :P
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2015, 05:23:05 AM »
You shouldn't feel ashamed or bad about posting your drawings, since you have been posting your drawings they have been getting better. It's not logical to stop just because you need to improve, all the more reason to continue. And I think this duck guy likes you, he has only been posting on this thread.  :P
I beg to differ. (If he really liked me, he would've been a bit more polite and posted in more of my threads).

Sun

• Tier 6
  • Person of personness
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2015, 06:35:57 AM »
That's for you to decide. With this being the internet though, people may criticize whatever you post. The better the technical execution, the more likely you will get positive comments, of course.
Note: If at some point you reach absolute technical perfection, you will likely still get critical remarks ... I guess by then they will be about everything your drawings aren't. Like, "You drew animals? Why no humans?" or "The couple on that drawing shouldn't be kissing, that's so what everyone draws. Obviously you don't know how to portray a fighting couple."

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2015, 12:21:09 PM »
I'd still post the drawings you're not 100% proud of, so you can get feedback on them.

I will agree with DuckBiscuit that the Creativity Showcase is a big on the hugbox side, but that's because it's a "HEY GUYS, LOOK WHAT I MADE :D" board, not a serious critique and feedback board. I mean when your kid shows you a crayon drawing they made, it's not for serious feedback, but because they're excited about drawing and want to show you.

Now if the creator ASKS for serious feedback, that's another thing. I always err on the side of positivity though, since my critiques of even things I greatly like tend to be pretty harsh :P

DragonMage, you can improve and you know that. But unless I totally missed something, you weren't asking for detailed critique when posting your drawings. You know your proportions (especially with humans) need some work, and that your hands aren't the best. Us telling you that on every drawing isn't going to help you any :P So instead I choose to just be supportive of your efforts and figure you'll sort out the problems on your own.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
@ DuckBiscuit :
You know what ?
1. You should actually start by apologize first for the way you say your opinion, Your opinion isn't totally wrong, some advice are applicable, but you use some words that can make your advice looks really bad and offensive.
2. You can always give an advice in other Nicer way, Like "Hmm, I kinda disagree, there are some parts of the painting that you can improve, such as : *The point*

I know your intention is good, but still, you need to make sure, the way you tell the person is right too so the person got the right message, Okay ? :)
The way you communicate something with someone is really a crucial thing , many people break apart because of the way they communicate with one and the other. :)
Kay ?:)

Definitely post people drawings too.
You should not feel bad about your drawings, You should be proud ! You improving a lot since the first time, DM :)
There are a lot of people that happy to see your improvement so far and you want to stop just because someone say it's bad ?
Critique usually really help for us to improve (Despite on how they say it of course) if we response it right :)
You can't control others thinking / act, but we always have full control for our response to it.
So, Make DuckBiscuit's comment as a push to be better not to make you down :D
The choice is yours to make, either it'll push you to be stronger or pull you down.
People's praise and critique can always be really good for us to grow, specially the critique one ;)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:43:29 PM by Roxaszu »

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »
Sorry for drawing my character so much. I guess I got too cocky or confident with that :facepalm: anyway I drew some more of my fnaf character, Draco the Dragon. I've already made a basic one and the dismantled one. You can  find him on previous pages in this thread or on DA.

Plush Draco:

I want to get one one day :3

Toy Draco:

Looks kinda girlish, kinda like Toy Foxy.

Nightmare Draco:

I'm proud of this :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
OOoooh. These latest ones are pretty good! You're getting better!