Author Topic: Game crashes 10 mins in Act 1 (To The Moon)  (Read 2491 times)

KittenRobber

• Tier 1
Game crashes 10 mins in Act 1 (To The Moon)
« on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:06 AM »
 :whaaa?: :whaaa?: :whaaa?:
Hi I just bought To The Moon and i couldn't  wait to play and to find out the whole story. But the game crashed 3 times at roughly 10 minutes in Act 1.  -cuss-

Is there anything i can do like changing my settings and stuff? Please help.
I am playing the mac version if it'll help.

Thank you.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
Re: Game crashes 10 mins in Act 1 (To The Moon)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

We can try something that will probably fix the issue, but before that, a quick workaround would be saving your game before the crash and loading the game from that point (Or load from the auto save file if it is available).
It should allow you to play the game without crashing.

The possible permanent fix would be using a newer version of mkxp (the software created by Ancurio that is used to port To The Moon to Mac and Linux). I will write the instructions for you if you are interested.

Ancurio

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 03:59:49 AM »
This problem has actually been reported before, it even arose during the humble bug testing IIRC, but as I'm not an OSX programmer and the contracted porter from Humble being unable to reproduce it, it was never solved.

@Ali: I recently fixed a critical bug in mkxp that could lead to random crashes: https://github.com/Ancurio/mkxp/commit/17efcbbbbde99a78f8358ab60afa60337c7487cd
Not sure if it's related to this, but it might be worth a try.

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:16:12 PM »
@Ancurio: I have finally made a new build based on the latest mkxp git repo, the problem is I tried to reproduce the issue with To the Moon's bundled build of mkxp on OS X 10.9 and it did not happen this time.
I remember something would make this issue more likely to happen, I'm not sure if it was running on a specific version of OS X or not.
I should try harder to find the specific circumstances that lead to this issue, then see if the new build fixes it or not.

Ancurio

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
Yeah, a family member of mine actually has an iMac (not sure about OSX version, but newish); I tried the game on it back when it was in beta testing, and couldn't even once reproduce a crash on it, so I definitely thing it could be related to the OS version.