Author Topic: Asexuality  (Read 7193 times)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Asexuality
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:06:43 AM »
I have mentioned asexuality in a few of my posts, and I know that there are a couple of asexuals on the Freebird Forums. For those who don't know what asexuality is;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
Or
http://www.asexuality.org/home/

I just want to know what you guys think of asexuality and asexual relationships and such.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
Re: Asexuality
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 11:12:14 AM »
Sooo... Should I post about us Pansexuals next? :)
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:39:59 AM »
It doesn't seem like one of those things that really needs other people's opinions. I'm a heterosexual, and as incredibly intriguing as that may be to some of you, I'm not too interested in what you all think about it. XD

But if you're looking for acceptance, you got it! :)

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
I don't think there is anything wrong with asexuality at all. Same with asexual relationships. If everyone involved is happy, everything is fine. Simple as that. :)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
There are many things about asexuality that some people can feel very strongly about, I am not asking for whether or not you accept them, because it is an interesting orientation, and there is so much involved in it, I want to start some discussions about it, to see other's opinions about some aspects of asexuality.

We could post topics about other sexualities, I am not stopping you, there has already been a topic about marriage equality.

Even if your opinion is just, "Asexuals are a-okay." then that's fine, I am just interested to know you guy's opinions.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »
I don't think you'll find a single "just because" hater in Freebirdia... Everything got more or less civilized discussion... Except "Prince Charming, Dharming etc War"TM and "Raxus Family Tree Conflict"TM .

Ruben

• ~True Remembrance~
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • :)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »
I can't really think of many controversies, to be honest. Sure, if all people would suddenly become asexual we might not see another generation, but that's not the point. All arguments that claim "asexuality is bad" seem rather weak to me, or I have not yet seen any point worth arguing over.

That being said, I certainly do find asexuality interesting in a way because sexuality is, of course, nothing that is universally "good" or "bad" or "useful" or "harmful" or "fun" or "boring". It's a complex part of most people's daily lives that has evolved far less or not at all over time while civilization has evolved drastically, our "society" was obviously not created to fulfill all primitive human desires and instincts in the best way possible. So living an asexual live certainly is different in some aspect, but to be honest I don't think my life would change significantly if I suddenly were to become asexual.

Vasha

• 小説家
  • Tier 7
  • Relentlessly Gay
    • My Tumblr
  • Current Mood: blank blank
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 01:12:27 AM »
-lurker ace comes out of the shadows to say rawr then flies away again because I am incredibly unhelpful-

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »
I guess I do have a sort of opinion. I think there's a big difference between asexuality and sexuality hatred/dislike. It's one thing to be asexual, but it's a completely other thing to revile sexuality... to me. Just in the same way that there's a difference between not eating meat (I'm a vegetarian) and hating meat eaters. One is a personal preference, and the other is some sort of extreme idea that prescribes actions upon others.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the subject in general, but I do know some people who claim various sexualities (asexuality included, and in some cases evolving into different sexual opinions or preferences), and it's annoying to me when they start sex-hating, or calling every minor thing "lustful" as if any instance of hormonal activity or expressive love is now wrong because they don't do it the same way.

So that's a strong bit of opinion! XD

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
I guess I do have a sort of opinion. I think there's a big difference between asexuality and sexuality hatred/dislike. It's one thing to be asexual, but it's a completely other thing to revile sexuality... to me. Just in the same way that there's a difference between not eating meat (I'm a vegetarian) and hating meat eaters. One is a personal preference, and the other is some sort of extreme idea that prescribes actions upon others.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the subject in general, but I do know some people who claim various sexualities (asexuality included, and in some cases evolving into different sexual opinions or preferences), and it's annoying to me when they start sex-hating, or calling every minor thing "lustful" as if any instance of hormonal activity or expressive love is now wrong because they don't do it the same way.

So that's a strong bit of opinion! XD
That's a very interesting opinion. Many asexuals arknowlege that sex is a good and important thing in society, but just don't really want to have any part in it, because, you know, it's sort of weird.

Unimaginative Username

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 01:12:50 PM »
That's a very interesting opinion. Many asexuals arknowlege that sex is a good and important thing in society, but just don't really want to have any part in it, because, you know, it's sort of weird.

How very, very dare you!

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »
As someone standing on an absolutely opposite border of the scale (Being... well probably the best term is pansexual and polyamorus) I have no problem with asexuals or "traditional" forms of relationship... And I make sure to stay away if the don't want to share. :)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
Here's an interesting video of asexuality. Notice how disrespectfully the host treats the guests.

20/20 The 4th Sexuality - Asexuality

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 07:12:44 AM »
I am confused "4th sexuality"? (I school can't play the vid)

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 09:30:43 AM »
I am confused "4th sexuality"? (I school can't play the vid)
I don't know what they mean by '4th' sexuality, by my count there are more,
1. hetero
2. homo
3. bi
4. pan
5. ace
6. poly
7. sapio (if you count that)
8. demi
8. grey-a
9. andro
11. mono
12. auto

And I am sure there are some more, but at least 12.

Why can't you play the video?