Poll

Which trailer did you like more?

A Bird Story
3 (27.3%)
To The Moon
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: So, A Bird Story's trailer and To The Moon's trailer  (Read 6779 times)

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
Re: So, A Bird Story's trailer and To The Moon's trailer
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 08:21:12 PM »
Actually TtM was the one one that started it all so that should win hands down. Now I kinda wish I could take back the vote for ABS :reivsweat: both of them were good
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:23 PM »
I'll vote on TtM then, because it is lonely.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:19 AM »
Actually TtM was the one one that started it all so that should win hands down. Now I kinda wish I could take back the vote for ABS :reivsweat: both of them were good

When voting for the quality of something, I don't consider which came first to hold much weight. If the apprentice is better at martial arts than the master, the fact that the master enabled it isn't relevant to me because that ignores the fact of which is better.

I think the TtM trailer is better in that it tells a story of its own almost. The ABS trailer is better in that it functions as a much better trailer, which is to get an audience interested in the game and informed about what to expect without actually spelling out what the contents are.

So yep, I'm undecided! XD

Dev J Chand

• Tier 5
  • Wacky Cynic
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 12:40:05 AM »

When voting for the quality of something, I don't consider which came first to hold much weight. If the apprentice is better at martial arts than the master, the fact that the master enabled it isn't relevant to me because that ignores the fact of which is better.

I think the TtM trailer is better in that it tells a story of its own almost. The ABS trailer is better in that it functions as a much better trailer, which is to get an audience interested in the game and informed about what to expect without actually spelling out what the contents are.

I agree.

If you were to ask me, To The Moon basically provides more of a summary of the story, and captures the tone at the cost of subtlety. A Bird Story sets the tone of the story, and provides a glimpse into some moments while being much more subtle.

I think A Bird Story's trailer is better though. Not to mention it's smaller than To The Moon's trailer.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 05:22:51 AM »

I agree.

If you were to ask me, To The Moon basically provides more of a summary of the story, and captures the tone at the cost of subtlety. A Bird Story sets the tone of the story, and provides a glimpse into some moments while being much more subtle.

I think A Bird Story's trailer is better though. Not to mention it's smaller than To The Moon's trailer.

I think both are excellent. :)

You know, Making trailer isn't as easy peasy as making cake.

To The Moon trailer are excellent for the graphic and the sounds,with the great timing to mix it together and that what makes it blend.

ABS is also great in some aspect, Like how Reives make the music to be fit with the story of a child and how It's looks pretty fun and stuff, and that was great too.

So, yeah...
Each other have their own uniqueness and that's what makes each of them special :)

Short answer : Both

SerenityFirefly

• Tier 2
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:21 AM »
I ADORED the "A Bird Story" trailer... I still voted for To the Moon. Really the main thing that got me with To the Moon was it was the first time I ever felt moved by a game trailer to the point I had to buy it, and I had to make my friends buy it, and I had to buy it for my girlfriend, and everyone needed to play it. A Bird Story has that, don't get me wrong, but... I don't know, maybe it's because it just brings back all my happiness from To the Moon, and then I realize again how much I like that. Without question I'm going to get this game in a heartbeat, but it didn't hit me the same way.

EgotisticalRaven

• Leeeeroy Jeeeeenkins!
  • Tier 7
  • ایگوتیستیکال ریون
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 06:44:25 AM »
I ADORED the "A Bird Story" trailer... I still voted for To the Moon. Really the main thing that got me with To the Moon was it was the first time I ever felt moved by a game trailer to the point I had to buy it, and I had to make my friends buy it, and I had to buy it for my girlfriend, and everyone needed to play it. A Bird Story has that, don't get me wrong, but... I don't know, maybe it's because it just brings back all my happiness from To the Moon, and then I realize again how much I like that. Without question I'm going to get this game in a heartbeat, but it didn't hit me the same way.
I must say, I agree that TtM has that strange chram about it. I have played many games that I've loved and have thought others would enjoy, but I have only really advertised TtM to my friends and family. TtM has this strange hold on me, that no other game can beat. I just wanted to have and do anything that is related to TtM, buy the game several times, learn the sheet music, get the Steam badge for it, share it around, etc. I haven't even joined any other forums to do with games except this one.
PoisonRabbit is dead, the EgotisticalRaven ate it.

Dragon Mage

• Tier 7
  • I am an entity from the future.
  • Discord ID: DragonMage156#0211
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »
buy the game several times, learn the sheet music, get the Steam badge for it, share it around...
Use quotes from the games in your conversation, :plat: , hat sale :hatsale!: , have cake :caketime:
 :fezesarecool:
PLS FIX OUR FORUM PROFILES!! :'(

Abrom

• Tier 5
  • I came here for the free tears.
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
To The Moon. I felt like, especially for it's length, that A Bird Story gave out too much about it before I even watched it. Even though all I was told was that the kid finds an injured bird and that A Bird Story blurs the lines between reality and imagination...well, that's really what the whole thing is :/ I felt like I got an added scene with the To The Moon trailer. It didn't really feel like it ruined anything for me either, but then again, I had already watched To The Moon before I even saw the trailer.
River: *Drops hacky sack*
River: "Can you throw this is as far as where Anya's at?"
John: "I can try."
John: "(Now I'll amaze her with my feat of strength.)"
John: *Throws hacky sack into ocean*
River: *Runs to cliff edge*
John: "River! Stop looking at my awesome throw and get away from that ledge!"
River: *Backs into John and silently sits down*
John: "(...Nailed it.)"