Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 45154 times)

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Last Word
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2015, 04:43:52 AM »

Typo:
The General I was talking about above which needs a capital G is when you try to interact with the southwestern, protruding bookshelf, but you need to handle the General first.  Another 'general' can be found at the dialogue after you beat her (Listen, General...)

Military book:
1. If you enter some arbitrary page number in the book, nothing happens.  'Nothing interesting here...' line or something like that would probably do!
2. If you go back from Codes and Special under Index, it goes all the way back to the book main rather than the Index itself.
3. The same with Enemy/Frequency under Codes and Equipment/Operations under Special.  It skips the 'parent' section.

Plot:
I'm not sure if I've missed some dialogue, but Prattle spoils about the hidden room behind the bookshelf at the beginning of Chapter 4 if you gossip Lvl3 Hidden Word.  This is before you even enter CMORE on the statue and reveal the room.  On the same note, Seymour already tells the player 'so you've opened the room...' but I can't recall if he was pertaining to that room specifically.

Wines:
What is the eight wine?  The one before Carlin in the list?  I'm having troubles finding it :D If it's the one near the fireplace (the statistics wine), there's a weird bug where if you check on it, it doesn't register into the Wines Menu.

Audio:
1. Systems with older, more inferior specs would probably have a hard time dealing with 500kb/s OGG  bitrates.  You should lower them since it's atm for BGM use; 128 is optimal.  :)
2. In 'Final Battle', I suppose you could make the lead, ping-ing sound fuller/stand out more?  It's almost inaudible especially when listening through speakers (the string rhythm section sounds like it has high mids so it drowns it out).  At ~50 seconds in.
3. Salut (Remastering).  My favourite track!  When the guitar re-enters and joins the pipe(?) instrument, it's too loud :seraismile:  About a minute and half in.

(You have a knack for melodies BTW - I would love to hear more of your compositions!)

Others:
1. After the diamond cupboard rises up, William busts into Chatters' room as if the door was unlocked the whole time.  :)
2. There are a few more instances where you should also display the 'movement' thing at the bottom with the arrows to notify that we have regained control, you know, after a scene.
3. About that volume issue I mentioned about Chapter 5's BGM.  The same thing can also happen if you load into the chapter.
4. You should consider displaying what accomplishment has just been accomplished, so you wouldn't need to go to the menu to find out what it was.
5. At Pic 1, I can't walk into that tile above and below of the rightmost chair.

I'm stuck at some portions... what are the codes for the picture at the secret room and the one near the mouth? XD

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: evil evil
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2015, 09:19:47 AM »
Wines:
What is the eight wine?  The one before Carlin in the list?  I'm having troubles finding it :D If it's the one near the fireplace (the statistics wine), there's a weird bug where if you check on it, it doesn't register into the Wines Menu.
It's Ocande Snow. I, on the other hand, can't get the seventh one (below Tofell Sparkling), even though I did examine all nine bottles.

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2015, 09:32:02 AM »
Wines:
It's Ocande Snow. I, on the other hand, can't get the seventh one (below Tofell Sparkling), even though I did examine all nine bottles.

I believe the seventh one is on the secret room.  Um, where did you get the Ocande Snow?  :deepstuff:

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2015, 11:06:50 AM »
I believe the seventh one is on the secret room.  Um, where did you get the Ocande Snow?  :deepstuff:
I'm not really sure which one was it. There are 3 in the servant's room (bar), 1 in the toilet, 1 on the balcony, 1 near the fireplace in the living room, 3 on the table (one of them gets broken by Mrs. Prattle).

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2015, 01:28:45 PM »
I have some good internet, so I'd like to say that all of this input is phenomenal! I love you three so much right now. With my heart parts and everything.

I have some loaded comments from you that I should follow up or answer.

-(GC) 4. Are you suppose to hear doors opening/closing inside when you're there?  Same volume?

When you're in where? And which doors?

-(GC) 1. Don't you get WAY too much EXP when finding a new wine label?

Do you think so? The KT: Wine Labels is more of an investment topic, when your pay to have it and then it pays you back more. At least that's the hope.

As a quick explanation, Special Events give you EXP equal to the number of Special Events you've seen. So getting more scales how much more EXP you earn. Wine follows this rule except it adds 7 more EXP to any bottle. The equation looks like this:

[WINE EXP] = 7 + (# of Special Events)

The cost of the Key Topic:

[KT: Wine Tasting] = 10*(LV. of Wine Tasting)

To purchase four levels of Wine Tasting costs 100 EXP, which gives you access to every actual wine bottle (not the stats bottle). Assuming you never get a Special Event other than wine, you'd earn 108 EXP (I think). That's a marginal net gain, but the nine extra EXP will stack onto every other Special Event. So that's the logic. XD

Net Earnings
LV. 01 = (-10) + 27 = 17
LV. 02 = (-20) + 23 = 3
LV. 03 = (-30) + 27 = -3
LV. 04 = (-40) + 31 = -9
Net Gain = 8

-(GC) 2. Looking at the secret room from the outside, the floor tile is already dark.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

-(GC) 6. I'm just confused.  Didn't Whitty already got the last word from the cat's collar?  Why is the discourse with Sandhoff later losable?

Hopefully this isn't too obscure, but the fact is that she doesn't benefit from showing everyone she has the power to ignore their persuasion. There's no reason to reveal your trump card before it's time.

-(GC) 12. Suppose you haven't checked out the 'statistics' wine yet and you're in Chapter 5.  If you interact with it, will you discover the wine label or bring up the statistics?  (I forgot to check this out because I accidentally overwritten a save file haha, gonna check it out later)

I guess what you're asking is whether you can see the Stats Bottle before chapter 05. The answer is yes. As soon as you buy KT: Wine Tasting LV. 05, you should be able to see the bottle. I believe it should also be visible in every cutscene, but that needs tsted better.

-(GC) 13. Title screen.  Those two pieces of bushes at either side.  There's a 'space' between them.

Blame the gardener. XD

-(GC) 4. Common Courtesy requires lesser bows and is cheaper than Polite Smile. Common Courtesy gives 10 power and 10 tact, while Polite Smile only gives 10 tact.

That's intentional bottle-necking. I want to direct the player into certain easy-to-understand skills first, but I don't want to actually force them into it. The other skills are more expensive and so less at first, but that's the price to stacking the stats, like stacking buffs. Furthermore, those skills upgrade, which is a concept that might be too much for a fresh player. Instead they take the clearly better deal and ease into it all if they aren't too inclined on jumping ahead of the game.

-(GC) LMAO at the 'guilt of parent-in-laws', can I steal it?

I think in-law jokes are free game at any point in history. XD Go ahead.

-(Kyo) I, on the other hand, can't get the seventh one (below Tofell Sparkling), even though I did examine all nine bottles.

This is a trickster move, but at least it's not miss-able. The last bottle is a painting of a bottle. After you resolve the "mystery" of the professor's portrait, you can go back and inspect the bottle painted near him.

-(GC) I'm stuck at some portions... what are the codes for the picture at the secret room and the one near the mouth?

The one near the mouth is solve-able, but incomplete. I'm not even sure I want to keep it. The one in the hidden room leads to the secret ending, which is currently under construction. However, the code for it will be revealed only after beating the game once.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2015, 02:14:23 PM »
-(GC) 13. Title screen.  Those two pieces of bushes at either side.  There's a 'space' between them.

Blame the gardener. XD
Best answer so far ...

-(GC) I'm stuck at some portions... what are the codes for the picture at the secret room and the one near the mouth?

The one near the mouth is solve-able, but incomplete. I'm not even sure I want to keep it. The one in the hidden room leads to the secret ending, which is currently under construction. However, the code for it will be revealed only after beating the game once.
I already finished the game once, but still clueless about that actually.  :reivsweat:

Actually I kinda stuck in those two (The code in the photography lvl 5 near the prof's door) and in the bookshelf that professor say "The last word" is... I really don't get it .
And is it right about one at the ending "Lvl 6. something" (Kinda forget which topic that has to be at level 6 )

And before facing the mouth, I kinda stuck with level 4 of :
Hidden words
Chatter History
Domestic Feline
Saymore House

And only able to get 3 achievements (And I thought if I find all the bottle, I'll gonna get achievement, But no I guess..)  :reivsweat:

As for the exp finding the bottle, I think It's just right ;)

Is the first Discourse (with the Red one) and with professor in the room, If we lose from them, will it be counted as "Defeats" ?
If so, Is there any way to win the first one ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:17:25 PM by Roxaszu »

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 02:21:33 PM »
-(Rox) Actually I kinda stuck in those two (The code in the photography lvl 5 near the prof's door) and in the bookshelf that professor say "The last word" is... I really don't get it .

I'll try to make it more clear in the game, then! :)

-(Rox) And before facing the mouth, I kinda stuck with level 4 of :
Hidden words
Chatter History
Domestic Feline
Saymore House

These unlock after you solve the code for that first question.

-(Rox) And only able to get 3 achievements (And I thought if I find all the bottle, I'll gonna get achievement, But no I guess..)

Most of these are accessed the same way. Finding all Key Topics is one, for example, which means you'll need to solve that code. But just remember the fable the professor told you.

-(Rox) Is the first Discourse (with the Red one) and with professor in the room, If we lose from them, will it be counted as "Defeats" ? If so, Is there any way to win the first one ?

Those definitely get counted, as annoying as it is. But it's not linked to an achievement; it's just data. Technically Mrs. Prattle (the first battle) can be defeated, but only through rare instances o luck. It's not worth going through. But if you do it, there will be alternate text.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2015, 02:28:27 PM »
-(Rox) Actually I kinda stuck in those two (The code in the photography lvl 5 near the prof's door) and in the bookshelf that professor say "The last word" is... I really don't get it .

I'll try to make it more clear in the game, then! :)

-(Rox) And before facing the mouth, I kinda stuck with level 4 of :
Hidden words
Chatter History
Domestic Feline
Saymore House

These unlock after you solve the code for that first question.

-(Rox) And only able to get 3 achievements (And I thought if I find all the bottle, I'll gonna get achievement, But no I guess..)

Most of these are accessed the same way. Finding all Key Topics is one, for example, which means you'll need to solve that code. But just remember the fable the professor told you.

-(Rox) Is the first Discourse (with the Red one) and with professor in the room, If we lose from them, will it be counted as "Defeats" ? If so, Is there any way to win the first one ?

Those definitely get counted, as annoying as it is. But it's not linked to an achievement; it's just data. Technically Mrs. Prattle (the first battle) can be defeated, but only through rare instances o luck. It's not worth going through. But if you do it, there will be alternate text.

Ahh,
I see,
Then that mean I already got everything before that code :D
Glad I didn't miss that bottle before she throws it to the mouth  :reivsweat:

Edit : I got all lvl 5 now, And finished the game one more time, and the only thing that I found is another surprise (I mean I really surprised by it, Playing at 2.20 AM, in the middle of silence, Suddenly there's a female voice saying something and laughing while I'm playing with my Phone  :reivsweat:) instead of the code.  :reivsweat:

Now I get it,
It's Mr.Boast that have the word, isn't it ? :deepstuff:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:20:44 PM by Roxaszu »

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2015, 05:58:39 PM »
-(Rox) I got all lvl 5 now, And finished the game one more time, and the only thing that I found is another surprise (I mean I really surprised by it, Playing at 2.20 AM, in the middle of silence, Suddenly there's a female voice saying something and laughing while I'm playing with my Phone  :reivsweat:) instead of the code.  :reivsweat:

The secret ending is still in the works. I don't think I've reveled the final code in the ending yet. That will be available in the beta version. :)

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2015, 07:25:01 PM »
-(GC) 4. Are you suppose to hear doors opening/closing inside when you're there?  Same volume?

When you're in where? And which doors?

When you're outside/balcony/terrace (where the save ribbon is on Chapter 5).  The doors when NPCs enter/exit rooms.  Even non-adjacent rooms.  :D

Do you think so? The KT: Wine Labels is more of an investment topic, when your pay to have it and then it pays you back more. At least that's the hope.

How do I say this...  Um, how much the wines/special events pay you back, kinda minimizes the essence of discoursing to gain EXP.  You can pretty much finish the game with less than 10 discourses, not counting the compulsory ones (at least for me).

-(GC) 2. Looking at the secret room from the outside, the floor tile is already dark.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Okay now that I've look at it again, it's more about the picture.  My bad! :facepalm:
You know how when you're in the dining room, the rest of the rooms looks dark?  The floor in the secret room is already dark as should be, but the wall/picture looks illuminated.

-(GC) 12. Suppose you haven't checked out the 'statistics' wine yet and you're in Chapter 5.  If you interact with it, will you discover the wine label or bring up the statistics?

I guess what you're asking is whether you can see the Stats Bottle before chapter 05. The answer is yes. As soon as you buy KT: Wine Tasting LV. 05, you should be able to see the bottle. I believe it should also be visible in every cutscene, but that needs tsted better.

I've actually re-tested this and what happens is you'll discover the fireplace wine first (forgot its name), then you can bring up the stats.  The wine doesn't register though for some reason.  BTW it's kinda funny also how she can recognise wine from the vomit at the washroom ^^

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2015, 07:43:29 PM »

How do I say this...  Um, how much the wines/special events pay you back, kinda minimizes the essence of discoursing to gain EXP.  You can pretty much finish the game with less than 10 discourses, not counting the compulsory ones (at least for me).

That's a good thread to follow. Do you find this to actually be a bad thing? Will most players experience this the same way? Would it have a negative impression of the Discourse System? Could it be fixed? Should it be fixed?

Also, PM how you want to be credited. :)

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »

That's a good thread to follow. Do you find this to actually be a bad thing? Will most players experience this the same way? Would it have a negative impression of the Discourse System? Could it be fixed? Should it be fixed?

Also, PM how you want to be credited. :)

I have a suggestion, which may be far-fetched though.  How about requiring discourses when advancing some key topics?  The end-of-chapter discourses could become boss battles, lol, which have a boss battle music.

:vikonsmile:  I kid!

As for if other players will experience the same way...  We may need the response of Roxaszu and Kyo (and others) :D  The less-than-10 figure is just a subjective 'guesstimate' and is very debatable, if you count bows and all other rewards you receive along the way, and the skills you can buy with EXP.  Also this is because at some point you'll then be able to equip the Last Word (you can't lose).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:35:07 PM by GingerCorslette »

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
I just found a massive bug. When you lose a discourse, you get an Immunity prompt and the option to speak up. That's only supposed to happen AFTER getting the collar! I never found it before because I've played so much that I rarely lose. Anyone else find this bug, did you just think it was normal?

Kyo

• no title at all
  • Tier 7
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
I just found a massive bug. When you lose a discourse, you get an Immunity prompt and the option to speak up. That's only supposed to happen AFTER getting the collar! I never found it before because I've played so much that I rarely lose. Anyone else find this bug, did you just think it was normal?
Yep, I thought it was supposed to be there. And actually I never tried remaining silent after losing a discourse.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2015, 12:57:15 AM »
Yep, I thought it was supposed to be there. And actually I never tried remaining silent after losing a discourse.
That's a bug ?
I thought It was normal (Lose from the very beginning).
I think It's from Chapter 1 or 2.