Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 46151 times)

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Last Word
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 11:32:13 PM »
Just finished it :DDD I really enjoyed the gameplay! That was really exciting and I love the concept (plus the ending was pretty great :D)! Nice job! I only just had a little trouble figuring out that esc gets you out of menus XD that's probably just my stupidity
-Elke-

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 02:35:33 AM »
Just finished it :DDD I really enjoyed the gameplay! That was really exciting and I love the concept (plus the ending was pretty great :D)! Nice job! I only just had a little trouble figuring out that esc gets you out of menus XD that's probably just my stupidity
Elke !!!
Long time no see !
Welcome back :D
And yes, It's pretty fun :)

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 01:35:56 PM »
Thanks, Elke! The button mapping isn't the best in that version, but the new one will hopefully feel more intuitive. Glad to hear that you liked it!

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »
Elke !!!
Long time no see !
Welcome back :D
And yes, It's pretty fun :)

Thanks!! It's good to be back

Thanks, Elke! The button mapping isn't the best in that version, but the new one will hopefully feel more intuitive. Glad to hear that you liked it!

Ooh! When do you think you'll release the newer version?
-Elke-

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2014, 05:26:51 PM »

Mm, not entirely sure yet. It's going to be commercial, though. But there should be enough new content and polish to make it worth the wait. :)

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »

Mm, not entirely sure yet. It's going to be commercial, though. But there should be enough new content and polish to make it worth the wait. :)

That's exciting!! Good luck! :D
-Elke-

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 01:33:33 AM »
OM MY GOWD!!! THE GRAPHICs!!!! They are beautiful!! O_O I could name only two typos I found in the game entirely, but they're hardly noticable. I can't wait to see how the interior will look *drools*
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2014, 06:28:10 PM »
Thanks, guys! Here's the update to the blog-y thing from RMN, since it has more details (and pictures).

01A. The menu is basically the same, but with a few little touches. The buttons have been re-mapped to make more sense. ENTER/C Shows descriptions, and SHIFT/Z equips (if possible). Wine bottle icons are different for each level of wine you find, and Skills show BOW icons when they're equipped.

01B. The Key Topics are now also marked with a version of the star icon that corresponds to the level of the topic. This, as you might be able to guess, means that each topic will now max at LV. 05.

02. The biggest thing is that the graphics have changed. The resolution was previously such that a pixel for a non-character object was actually a squared pixel. No longer! The new resolution means I get to add more objects as well as giving better detail to existing ones. This new title screen isn't final, but it shows off some of the changes.

03. The Discourse option used to only be for grinding (due to time restraints). Now when you choose Discourse you might win something extra through your witty persuasions. Gossiping for Key Topics can also be avoided in some cases, since the loser will spill the beans about the next step (if they know it).

04. Lastly, there are new Skills. Plenty of them have been polished or gutted and replaced altogether. Each character also has their own unique Skill that Whitty can't replicate, giving each discourse its own flavor.

Before long I plan to get some amazing artist to draw the profile pictures of each of the characters. I think that art overhaul and the extra gameplay and story I'm adding/polishing will really make Last Word shiny!

Kracken Kitty

• Tier 7
  • Sleepy Insomniac
    • Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:23 AM »
*heavy breathing* *extremely heavy breathing* Is there a date for when you will release this again for playing? :'3 I can't wait...
Check out my art stuff! :D http://niorichi-art.tumblr.com/

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
Absolutley digging the new graphics!!! *U*

Also all the pictures/screencaps have a small strip of "oddity"? on the left side? Is that supposed to be there? (Just curious?)
-Elke-

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:19 PM »
It's a weird screencap thing. Not sure why it started happening, but it's not a game issue.

And thanks!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:02:07 PM by Merlandese »

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 02:10:07 AM »
It looks really great now : o
Any additional Story, Mer ?

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »
Yeah, a little bit. Mostly the story is polished and fleshed out a bit more, but I'm working on making an additional line of inquiry that expands the ending sequence. Hopefully it feels right and explains a bit more about the word.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
LOOKING FOR TESTERS AGAIN!

That's right, the game is coming upon being officially awesome and I need the sweat and tears of the willing.

The testers who tested for the contest version will still be credited in the commercial release. But if you're interested in being a tester for the upcoming new build, ready yourselves, for the time cometh!

I'll post a version in a few weeks to whomever is interested in the task. Thanks!

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »
I can help.