Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 45152 times)

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
  • Current Mood: alright alright
Re: Last Word
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
I have a save file from Chapter 3 and I also get it there...  :)

Also, dunno if it's a bug but I cannot scroll up/down when analysing the skills between you and your opponent during discourse.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2015, 08:01:55 PM »
Also, dunno if it's a bug but I cannot scroll up/down when analysing the skills between you and your opponent during discourse.

It's not a bug. There isn't any scrolling there. You see the list of their moves and get an explanation of the one move you don't have data on.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2015, 08:30:16 PM »
I have a change for the next version that I could use an opinion on before going with it.

Previously, you could Discourse with Prattle (Red) from chapter 01 onward, even though she's a high level and will beat you. I want to make it so you don't get to fight her until she's the Boss of Chapter 02. That will mean that only Seymour (Grey) and McCall (Purple) can be battled in chapter 01.

The next chapter has Sandhoff (Green) appear. Originally she starts at a high level, like Prattle did. Now I'm making her a low enough level to fight, growing at a good rate each chapter just like McCall does.

How does this sound? Would it be less complex having only too people to fight in Chapter 01? And would it be more satisfying to defeat Prattle after she becomes a boss rather than before?

Tumbles

• 海が私の心です。
  • Tier 7
  • I am who I am, but not yet.
    • Big Palooka
  • Current Mood: cheerful cheerful
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »
I have a change for the next version that I could use an opinion on before going with it.

Previously, you could Discourse with Prattle (Red) from chapter 01 onward, even though she's a high level and will beat you. I want to make it so you don't get to fight her until she's the Boss of Chapter 02. That will mean that only Seymour (Grey) and McCall (Purple) can be battled in chapter 01.

The next chapter has Sandhoff (Green) appear. Originally she starts at a high level, like Prattle did. Now I'm making her a low enough level to fight, growing at a good rate each chapter just like McCall does.

How does this sound? Would it be less complex having only too people to fight in Chapter 01? And would it be more satisfying to defeat Prattle after she becomes a boss rather than before?

I agree completely. It's not that being able to discourse with her early on is a hindrance or anything, but I felt pretty overwhelmed at first with all my options, and not exactly sure what my next move should be. I tried discoursing with her a few times because I thought I had to in order to move on. I think getting rid of that option should simplify things a little, which I think it needs. And yeah, I think it would be more satisfying to beat her as a boss. :seraismile:

Sorry for my silence. I've had the assignment week from hell! I haven't finished yet, so no spoilers. :pewpewpew:

Spoiler: show

~

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »

Hmm.  I'm up for moving Prattle.  Chapter 1 isn't that complex at all.  You can defeat William (lvl 4) even if you're level 1, meaning, even if you don't do discourses prior and just level up key topics.  So if you teach Seymour, you'd be level 2, which even increases your winning chances.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2015, 05:09:44 AM »
Well,
I think for this one,
It's already really fit for me.
Except of course for the servant and the purple one, since I was leveling up with Seymour and when I wanna discourse with the purple one, It's already kinda weak, maybe you can make them both (Higher Level).

Oh yeah,
I kinda forget when it is,
I think at chapter 4.
I already at max level and almost same as Mr. Boasting.
But when I wanna discourse with him, He refuse because the level difference.

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »
The beta version is ready for testing! Post here or contact me if you'd like to help out! Thanks, guys! :)

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2015, 11:10:04 PM »
Meh!! Pick meh!!
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

TheFlyingMarlin

• Tier 5
  • Current Mood: unmotivated unmotivated
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2015, 12:03:58 AM »
The beta version is ready for testing! Post here or contact me if you'd like to help out! Thanks, guys! :)
I'd be more than willing to do it! :)

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
Wow! A lot has happened since I last checked in XD Wanted to pop in and say congratulations on going commercial!!
I'd love to play the beta, but I've been really busy so I wouldn't be a reliable tester....
SO I SHALL WISH THOU GOOD LUCK!!! :D
-Elke-

SinnyVic

• Tier 4
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »
Your game was mentioned in TotalBiscuit's Co-Optional Podcast on Twitch today. I just happened to pop in and heard about it. Best of luck!

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »
Whoa, really? I want to hear! XD

Thanks!

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2015, 01:33:32 AM »
In case you didn't know...

LAST WORD IS ON STEAM! :P

Check it out!

:) :) :)

Double A

• Tier 6
  • Double double
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2015, 01:53:51 AM »
In case you didn't know...

LAST WORD IS ON STEAM! :P

Check it out!

:) :) :)

Awesome!!!  :)
I'm still alive. Object Oriented Programming subject has yet to kill me. Same cannot be said for Data and Discrete Structures....

GingerCorslette

• Tier 5
  • No comment.
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
This should be moved to the Complete Games section! :)