Author Topic: Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)  (Read 40240 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Yeah I do :3 Several in fact. I'm prolly gonna make a visual novel next, just to see how much I like working in that format. But before I do anything else, I'm going to spend the next few months polishing this one up. I might make a suped up version to sell for five bucks or something.

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
Oh I am going to ^.^ I'm going to be adding three more endings. It's actually kinda lucky I couldn't fit it, because someone gave me a really good idea that I'm going to incorporate in the "shoot the tree" ending.

*U* I'm excited to see the other endings! When do you think you'll have them done... *_*

Aye. When Lee thinks, the Tromuli talk, or we get tutorial, it's the same. lol. I think tutorial will be a centered textbox with no name, lee thinking will be white or black text without a box (the color depends on the background), and dark/light blue text (depending on the background) will be Tromuli. I even get confused sometimes, and I have most of the game memorized by now XD

:3 That may make it easier to distinguish! XD You know you've worked a lot when you've begun to memorize your game

Thanks :3 I'm really glad you like it. I liked it when I came up with it, but after seeing it so many times it's hard to tell if it's good or not. So hearing that helps me be confident in the vision I had :3

Haha, be more confident!  ;D It was fantastic!
-Elke-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
*U* I'm excited to see the other endings! When do you think you'll have them done... *_*
I'm going back to work on the game on monday or so. I didn't sleep much in the month of june, so I'm giving myself a much needed break lol

Haha, be more confident!  ;D It was fantastic!
Thanks :3 Main reason I'm not super confident about this one is I'm used to telling stories as novels. I rely a lot on my prose to show the personality and mood of whoever's the focus by the things they notice and what they think about them. You can't do that in a visual medium, so I couldn't use a lot of my go-to tricks XD

Shippofan2k

• Tier 1
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
um i hate to be rude but when i go to download this game when finishes down loading it marks it as malware  and says it might be harmful to my laptop

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2014, 11:23:05 PM »
I'm going back to work on the game on monday or so. I didn't sleep much in the month of june, so I'm giving myself a much needed break lol

Ahh! O_O Totally make sure you take care of yourself! Rest up!

Thanks :3 Main reason I'm not super confident about this one is I'm used to telling stories as novels. I rely a lot on my prose to show the personality and mood of whoever's the focus by the things they notice and what they think about them. You can't do that in a visual medium, so I couldn't use a lot of my go-to tricks XD

Ohh, I see ^U^ You did very well though  :) Was it a difficult transition?
-Elke-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2014, 03:28:54 AM »
um i hate to be rude but when i go to download this game when finishes down loading it marks it as malware  and says it might be harmful to my laptop

Yeah. Chrome hates the RPG Maker XP game.exe for some reason :/ You can trust me though. I'm a moderator for this forum, and lots of other people have played it without getting any malware. Not sure why chrome hates RMXP so much x.x

Ohh, I see ^U^ You did very well though  :) Was it a difficult transition?
Oh heck yeah it was lol. Particularly with conversations. I didn't realize how much I relied on being able to describe what the tone sounded like or how the character interpreted it. But I feel like I grew a lot as a writer by doing this, so I'll be able to use prose better when I write in the novel format again :D

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2014, 06:02:07 PM »
Oh heck yeah it was lol. Particularly with conversations. I didn't realize how much I relied on being able to describe what the tone sounded like or how the character interpreted it. But I feel like I grew a lot as a writer by doing this, so I'll be able to use prose better when I write in the novel format again :D

Oh yeah, a lot of the narration really tells how they're speaking and the mood. o-o that does sound difficult. ;D It's good though since it seems to have helped you improve ^_^
-Elke-

Shippofan2k

• Tier 1
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »
ok  :)  thanks I just wanted to double check i can't wait to play :)

~

• 放浪者
  • Tier 3
  • Beauty Hunter
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2014, 06:52:29 AM »
sorry dude, i only just got around to typing this up now. i don't know what bugs/features are left to report that you already know about so i'll  just very quickly outline the ones I noted and if you want me to expand on any I'll do so.
Spoiler: this is crazy! • show

[list]
[li]a lot of the white/black plain text directly on the background is difficult to read, i doubt you'll consider changing it this late in development though[/li]
[li]there are times when the dialogue boxes cover the characters, early example is from the line: "i already told you. i don't care", the boxes cover the sprites for Fayte and Lee, it's like watching a news announcement where the anchors sit behind their teleprompters. this is probably a technical lmitation of the engine but where possible, i'd recommend having the characters act out closer to the centre of the map (or move the camera further to the map's edge if your maps allow). You should always have lots of negative space around the edges of your maps for this purpose.[/li]
[li]After Lee's initial breakdown (wrecking the courtyard bit) there's a distinct lack of instruction given to the player. Not even a hint, but i dunno, maybe it'd sound like you're forcing it if it said "HEY PLAYER, FIND YOUR BED LOL!"[/li]
[li]Why does Geofry's name have an exclamation mark at the end of it (near the start, before you go inside the mansion)? Geofry! Geofry! Geofry![/li]
[li]i think you already know that exiting the mansion results in death (stuck-in-door-glitch). Once you're in, that's it, DO NOT LEAVE THE MANSION.[/li]
[li]likewise, the exponentional-walk-away-from-door glitch is horrifying![/li]
[li]"that's my parents bedroom" should be "that's my parents' bedroom"[/li]
[li]why can i enter the parlour from the outside side door but not from inside the mansion?[/li]
[li]there are SFX of doors opening when you exit the mansion from some doors, but not vice versa, is this intentional?[/li]
[li]SOOOOOOOO many pianos, do you know how expensive these things are? like i get he's a noble and all but... so many pianos...[/li]
[li]none of the south walls are passable! is this a limitation on the system or just using the wrong tiles/layers?[/li]
[li]Lee sometimes walks over his furniture (like his desk and coffee table in  his room). i know! i know! i get it again, he's a noble and doesn't care about no stinking rules and conventions and all.[/li]
[li]some tiles are impassable that should be passable though, like tiny little flowers or rocks, it's annoying to walk around and, in combat, it's totally crippling.[/li]
[li]balcony to lee's room transition dumps him one tile to the right of where he should spawn.[/li]
[li]ali's line needs fixing:
ali: "i mean, my shin is in two pieces, but am i going to use that for!?"
do you mean:
"but what am i going to use that for?"
even that doesn't quite make sense, maybe:
"but what was i going to use [...]"
or maybe:
"what am i going to use them for?"
i don't know.[/li]
[li]you transition from memory/the past to the future jarringly. it says "the next evening" then says 6 days until the end of the whateveralypse. this is immediately after a flashback of Fayte and the first encounter with Aiden on mysterious reaper business. It's ambiguous, it makes it seem like the next evening after the encounter with Aiden.[/li]
[li]odd space in the line:
"My father spent his life driving this house into the ground. Then  he abandoned me and my mother to play at being a hero."
between "mother" and "to" there is a line break and an extra space, looks like an indent.[/li]
[li]some typos "i already yold you, in bed!" and "is there another camp or soemthing"[/li]
[li]when interacting with your teammates, you will be able to choose certain responses."
message doesn't appear at your first choice if you didn't choose fayte to talk to her at the first opportunity. or at least, i chose aiden to talk to first but the message didn't appear, this should really appear with whoever you talk to first.[/li]
[li]"inca detailed summary of the new form the equipment will take"
what? inca? is this jargon? i don't know anymore man.[/li]
[li]"1 days until the world ends."
1 days.
days.
s.
s[/li]
[li]bg music on the world ends day with edmund reveal is waaaaay quiet. is this intentional?[/li]
[li]jumping mechanic is crazy! final battle? literally jump off the cliff and float around behind edmund's energy blasts. then attack him when he lands back on ground, jump off cliff again to avoid blasts and repeat until he is dead.[/li]
[li]"his mind is pouring into mind" do you mean "into mine"?[/li]
[/list]

working on trailer, did you still need it or did you find someone more professional? I should be done in a week or so, I don't know since I'm travelling about so much. I'll still make it unofficially if you don't need it, since I've never actually made a trailer before I think I'll turn it into a learning experience, if that's alright with you!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 06:54:39 AM by SpecialCookies »
- visitor | hunter

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:10 AM »
sorry dude, i only just got around to typing this up now. i don't know what bugs/features are left to report that you already know about so i'll  just very quickly outline the ones I noted and if you want me to expand on any I'll do so.
Spoiler: this is crazy! • show

[list]
[li]a lot of the white/black plain text directly on the background is difficult to read, i doubt you'll consider changing it this late in development though[/li]
[li]there are times when the dialogue boxes cover the characters, early example is from the line: "i already told you. i don't care", the boxes cover the sprites for Fayte and Lee, it's like watching a news announcement where the anchors sit behind their teleprompters. this is probably a technical lmitation of the engine but where possible, i'd recommend having the characters act out closer to the centre of the map (or move the camera further to the map's edge if your maps allow). You should always have lots of negative space around the edges of your maps for this purpose.[/li]
[li]After Lee's initial breakdown (wrecking the courtyard bit) there's a distinct lack of instruction given to the player. Not even a hint, but i dunno, maybe it'd sound like you're forcing it if it said "HEY PLAYER, FIND YOUR BED LOL!"[/li]
[li]Why does Geofry's name have an exclamation mark at the end of it (near the start, before you go inside the mansion)? Geofry! Geofry! Geofry![/li]
[li]i think you already know that exiting the mansion results in death (stuck-in-door-glitch). Once you're in, that's it, DO NOT LEAVE THE MANSION.[/li]
[li]likewise, the exponentional-walk-away-from-door glitch is horrifying![/li]
[li]"that's my parents bedroom" should be "that's my parents' bedroom"[/li]
[li]why can i enter the parlour from the outside side door but not from inside the mansion?[/li]
[li]there are SFX of doors opening when you exit the mansion from some doors, but not vice versa, is this intentional?[/li]
[li]SOOOOOOOO many pianos, do you know how expensive these things are? like i get he's a noble and all but... so many pianos...[/li]
[li]none of the south walls are passable! is this a limitation on the system or just using the wrong tiles/layers?[/li]
[li]Lee sometimes walks over his furniture (like his desk and coffee table in  his room). i know! i know! i get it again, he's a noble and doesn't care about no stinking rules and conventions and all.[/li]
[li]some tiles are impassable that should be passable though, like tiny little flowers or rocks, it's annoying to walk around and, in combat, it's totally crippling.[/li]
[li]balcony to lee's room transition dumps him one tile to the right of where he should spawn.[/li]
[li]ali's line needs fixing:
ali: "i mean, my shin is in two pieces, but am i going to use that for!?"
do you mean:
"but what am i going to use that for?"
even that doesn't quite make sense, maybe:
"but what was i going to use [...]"
or maybe:
"what am i going to use them for?"
i don't know.[/li]
[li]you transition from memory/the past to the future jarringly. it says "the next evening" then says 6 days until the end of the whateveralypse. this is immediately after a flashback of Fayte and the first encounter with Aiden on mysterious reaper business. It's ambiguous, it makes it seem like the next evening after the encounter with Aiden.[/li]
[li]odd space in the line:
"My father spent his life driving this house into the ground. Then  he abandoned me and my mother to play at being a hero."
between "mother" and "to" there is a line break and an extra space, looks like an indent.[/li]
[li]some typos "i already yold you, in bed!" and "is there another camp or soemthing"[/li]
[li]when interacting with your teammates, you will be able to choose certain responses."
message doesn't appear at your first choice if you didn't choose fayte to talk to her at the first opportunity. or at least, i chose aiden to talk to first but the message didn't appear, this should really appear with whoever you talk to first.[/li]
[li]"inca detailed summary of the new form the equipment will take"
what? inca? is this jargon? i don't know anymore man.[/li]
[li]"1 days until the world ends."
1 days.
days.
s.
s[/li]
[li]bg music on the world ends day with edmund reveal is waaaaay quiet. is this intentional?[/li]
[li]jumping mechanic is crazy! final battle? literally jump off the cliff and float around behind edmund's energy blasts. then attack him when he lands back on ground, jump off cliff again to avoid blasts and repeat until he is dead.[/li]
[li]"his mind is pouring into mind" do you mean "into mine"?[/li]
[/list][/spoiler]

working on trailer, did you still need it or did you find someone more professional? I should be done in a week or so, I don't know since I'm travelling about so much. I'll still make it unofficially if you don't need it, since I've never actually made a trailer before I think I'll turn it into a learning experience, if that's alright with you!

I know, Right !
Yeah, at least someone discover the bugs again.
We throw these bugs here and I think Like we are :
Spoiler: show

Cheer up Legacyblade :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »
@SpecialCookies, huzzah! You found some typos I missed. And a few bugs that I haven't found yet :D I was waiting till today to do anymore work, cuz I've been sleeping most of july :P

I did fix that exponential door glitch. I had to just make it teleport the player. But now that I think about it, that probably exists in the guest room too o.o That one is caused by how blizzABS handles the event touching. I found it the last day of testing lol, as I changed the battle system to an action based one pretty late in development. I AM planning on changing the white text on the light purple background, lol. And you're the first person to comment on the textbox hiding all the sprites. It's really bugged me, lol, but I figured I could just leave it alone if no one seemed to notice it. I'm planning on hiring someone to make faces for the main characters, so the textbox will just swap between the very top or the very bottom (depending on where I can put it so as not to cover up the sprites)

Also o.o I didn't think about trying to jump into the air like that, lol.  I know how to fix that.

And I do keep hearing that the flowers are just annoying whilst battling. It should be easy to just make them passable tiles.

As for the trailer, that sounds like a good timeframe :3

@Roxaszu, I'm always really happy when people find bugs, lol. Means less testing for me. XD When you can recite your entire game from beginning to end, another playthrough to check for bugs just doesn't sound appealing :P It's like I watched the same movie over and over and over in the span of a few weeks.

~

• 放浪者
  • Tier 3
  • Beauty Hunter
  • Current Mood: thoughtful thoughtful
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2014, 08:43:51 AM »
wait, i need to shove your recording in somewhere, errrm.
- visitor | hunter

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 09:57:03 AM »
Hey Legacyblade,
I'm just drop by and just wanna know how the game competition ? :)
Best of luck ;)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
I've only got like eleven votes :/ So I won't be winning the community choice one. They haven't announced anything about the ones the judges have picked. I'm hoping I fair better that way.

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
I've only got like eleven votes :/ So I won't be winning the community choice one. They haven't announced anything about the ones the judges have picked. I'm hoping I fair better that way.
Hahaha,
Well,
It's just probably the thing that you should ask your friends for help to vote :P
Anyway, no problem with that.
Glad to hear it then, looking forward for the result ;)