Author Topic: Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)  (Read 35493 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)
« on: June 08, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »

Five days until the world ends.

Dreams may be a result of sentience, but where does sentience come from?

There is another world that doesn't exist in the traditional sense of the word. Before this world drew close to humans, they were little more than tool-grasping apes. But with the gift of the mind comes a great cost. If our mind is a real place, then our nightmares are real creatures. And it's up to the small handfull of Reapers to defend humanity from the dark terrors lying just at the edges of their minds.

Sin Unsullied is an action RPG with visual novel elements. You only have five days to juggle building friendships, repairing your relationship with the woman you love, and growing stronger so you can stop the end of the world. The story changes based on your actions, so choose carefully.

You don't have enough time to experience everything in one playthrough, so be ready to choose what you really want.

Spoiler: Lee • show

Lee is a nobleman who's spent his life tying to make those around him fulfill their dreams. After all, he was born with everything he could ever need. Why keep all that to himself?

But it all fell apart when he fell in love with someone he was helping. She threw away her life and became a Reaper.  And in the process, she threw Lee away as well.

With his will to help others gone, what is he to live for?

Spoiler: Fayte • show

Fayte made her way in life as a serving woman at a small tavern. Until she impressed Lee, a generous nobleman, with her ability to sing and tell stories. Now he's taken her into his world, showing her what renown her skills can earn her. Fayte could have the life she's always dreamed of if she just reaches out and accepts what she's being handed.

But there is more in life than singing and spinning tales. She had to throw it all away for something more important.

Action Battle System
Jump right into the action! You'll need to be quick on your feet to survive the end of the world.

Branching Dialog
Take charge of your relationships! What you say matters in Sin Unsullied. Choose your options wisely.

Immerse Music
High quality music has been composed exclusively for Sin Unsullied creating a truly cinematic experience!

An emotional journey
Several track of high quality music has been composed exclusively for Sin Unsullied. Truly a cinematic experience!

Spoiler: Title • show

Spoiler: Dancing in the Forest • show

Spoiler: Transformation Sequence • show

Spoiler: Performance • show

Spoiler: Meteor Shower • show

Spoiler: show
Writen And Directed by Spencer "Legacyblade Conrad"

Graphics:

Spencer "Legacyblade Conrad"
Enterbrain
Sithjester
Kan Gao
Land of Shadows
Moghunter
Rye
Rayen
Nessiah
Grafikal
Fortysixand2
Kiriashi
Freedesignfile
Shutter Stock
Tile-able
Fame Designer
Ruth Kosh

Music:
Abigail Haugen
Bryan Davis
ReclaimedGlory
Kunsel
Nathangday
Jasprelao
Lana42

Sound Effects:
Enterbrain
Soundsnap
Freesounds

RGSS Scripts:
Enterbrain
Blizzard
Winkio
Gameus
Fantasist
Ren-s--Joker
Dubealex
Maki
和希
Ccoa
ForeverZer0
Heretic
SCMike
Spencer "Legacyblade" Conrad

Testers:
Ali
Roxaszu
Trevor Forsyth
Mike Stephans
Gamus
Slimmmeiske2

To keep up to date with Sin Unsullied, go to http://pixelbards.com/

PLEASE COMMENT ON MY RPGMAKERWEB SUBMISSION PAGE
It will really help me out!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:48:56 PM by Legacyblade »

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
  • Current Mood: happy happy
Re: Sin Unsullied
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:36 AM »
^U^ Seems really interesting! I like the idea where if our dreams are true so are our nightmares *_* Good luck! Can't wait to see a demo!
-Elke-

Merlandese

• 静態の遊子
  • Tier 7
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 12:41:27 PM »
Awesome! Good luck getting it in! :D It looks great so far!

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
@Elke, glad you like the concept ^.^ I like when people take a relatively light premise (there's a magical dream world) and then do something to make it gritty, realistic, or darker. So I figured, might as well try it in my own work XD And the demo should be coming soon :3 Expect one by sunday at the latest.

@Merlandese, Thanks :) Means a lot coming from you.

Just Lance

• 狼と冒険家
  • Tier 7
  • Commodore of Freebirdia Orbital Defense Fleet
  • Current Mood: perverse perverse
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
*Kira kira* *.*

Looking forward on this one.
"God, it's so hard to be a smartass nowadays." Dr. Neil Watts (To the Moon)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:25 AM »
@Lance, (so many sparkles o.o) Glad to hear it. And I hope you and your sparkly self will enjoy it when I release a demo later this week.

UPDATE EVERYONE!!!

I spent the day mapping out the main character's mansion. Man did it take forever x.x There was just so much empty space to fill in. Freaking rich people.

Here are some screenies of the mansion (they just show off a tiny bit of the mapping I did today)

I want Lee's bedroom :P

Also, I did my first nightmare graphic. The enemies in the games don't exist. They and their world are what created the human subconcious (and along with it sentience) just by existing. So they're more conceptual energy than actual beings. I decided to make them scribbles and energy. I'm not sure if I like the result. It looks a LOT more lazy than it is. It took a significant amount of time to draw that thing from every angle multiple times for battle (then deciding that particular enemy only looked intimidating from the front and scrpapped the other angels x.x)

Tell me what you think

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »
Do do do double post...

:P

After taking advice from a few different people, I modified the style of the nightmares. I think it looses a bit of uniqueness, (and departs a bit from my original vision) but it's hard to argue that this doesn't look better :P
Let me know what you guys think.

I used some half-kaiser sprite pieces for the armor, then sprited in the energy and scribbles from scratch. I think this new style fits in universe a bit better than my previous iteration, as the Reapers transform into their battle outfits with similar looking blue energy (though it looks solid after transformation). My justification for magical girl transformations is that it's difficult to hurt nightmares with physical things. So they wrap themselves in something that's both physical and idea...energy...stuff. Still need to come up with a name for the stuff :P

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »
I agree that this new nightmare fits much more with the rest of the game's art style :)
From what I see, your game is going to be very unique by having lots of fresh animations and interesting characters :)
Actually I have a plot about dreams/nightmares in my mind too that I may someday make it as a game, so far it seems to be very different from your game but I may defer playing your game until I have a more clear idea about what I'm going to do, so my game does not become an unintentional copy of yours.  :reivsweat:
Good luck with the contest by the way :)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 04:29:53 PM »
Hey Ali :D

Glad it looks promising to you ^.^ The more work I put into it, the more excited I get to see my baby run loose in the wild. And I wouldn't worry about accidentally copying it. I find that it's easier to avoid copying people with similar ideas if you're aware of what they've done. But I'll leave it up to you when to try out my game :3

Eli

• Tier 7
  • Det. Meddlesome
  • Current Mood: tired tired
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 04:40:57 PM »
I find that it's easier to avoid copying people with similar ideas if you're aware of what they've done.
Fair enough :)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:22 PM »
This looks great.
Simple, yet nice ~
Looking forward for this, keep it up :)

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »

:D I think the nightmares look a lot better like this ^U^ Haha, it almost looks like its wearing a dress with lots of fur xD Keep it up!
-Elke-

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »
Hi There,
I found some bug(s),
Should I just post it here (It's picture) or should I just send you somewhere else ?

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 01:11:50 PM »
@Roxaszu(man! Your name is hard to spell!) Here is fine ^.^ Thanks for finding a bug!

@Question, Mark V, I used to let it get to me. But then I found out Lord of the Rings (the great grandaddy of everything I read) was a ripoff of norse mythology. All the games we play are derivations on previous ideas and could be called rippoffs. But no one thinks less of limbo, super meat boy, or portal due to their similarity to super mario bros XD Same is true of stories, IMHO.

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 02:11:32 PM »
I know that, man. I guess that's the fun, risky part in that deal. That if you do it well enough, you can get away with it and be showered with praises. Otherwise, people will hound you down for not "ripping off" well enough. Also, I'll give this a shot, probably not until this coming Thursday though.

Ok! Can't wait to hear what you think about it. And true dat. People really do scorn stuff that they find to be a rippoff. But if you're excited enough about what you're making, usually that'll come through and people can feel it's it's own thing, ya know?