Author Topic: Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)  (Read 36534 times)

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
  • Current Mood: playful playful
Re: Sin Unsullied (Please test!)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 02:25:20 AM »
Maybe like for example you show the picture at the right bottom that show you can move, It's pretty eye catching and really easy to understand that we can move, maybe like when you enter battle, You stop the battle for a while and then show picture for push what button for what.

Maybe something like that.
There's even a lot more way to make a tutorial in narrative way

Oh! That's a good idea!!!

After the explanation that pops up with the controls, I could have a little picture drop in from the top and waggle. It would have a bubble with an attack icon connected to a bubble containing the letter J. I'd do the same for the item and skill buttons respectively!

That'll be a good way to alert the player that not only do they have control again, but their battle controls have been enabled.

It's not me who make that, It's Estheone the one who made it.
And yes, he made that with RPG Maker VX, Fully Script (Almost non common events.)
And as for the resources, he take it from somewhere else, He didn't make the graphic by himself (But he did make the script himself)

And I don't know about VXA, but I'm using VX, so I can easily say (For VX) that you can use RMXP Styled graphic. and yes, you can also use RMXP RTP in it.

VXA is just VX ported to a new version of ruby, and coded more efficiently. So If I could use the RMXP RTP in VX, I should be able to in ace as well :D Huzzah!

If you wanna try the game, It's free to download , just search at google for "Touhou wondering souls Rpg Maker VX Download", It's about 30 hours++ gameplay though (You've been warned).

o.o Wow. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks. No way am I going to have that kind of energy for awhile XD

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
  • Current Mood: happy happy
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
Hiya! So I'm making some comments as I play the game. I hope they're helpful! I wasn't able to finish today but that's what I've got so far. It's very interesting so far! I'll tell you more as I keep playing! (Just how do I save Q_Q)

Spoiler: show

-Oooh, I like the voice acting at the beginning!
-Moving around is a little difficult? It seems they move too fast... maybe that's just me... I had a little difficulty getting the hang of it at first
-I like the interior. The graphics are very nice :D
- BUG: I can't go in the front door from outside of the mansion, but when I went from inside and tried to go out the mansion's front door, I got stuck in the front door. Had to restart.
[spoiler]

- As I got stuck in the front door, I attempted to try to find a restart or other way to go back to main page. Can't find one. Is there a menu to return to the main?
-BUG: When I walk up some stairs I sort of walk over them and not on them...

-O_O Thank you for the Z button to tell me where to go. Navigating that house is a pain...
[/spoiler]
-Elke-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
Re: Sin Unsullied (Full version released!)
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 12:22:04 AM »
Dat door bug though :P A few days ago, I slightly shifted the manor and missed updating the front doors. I have it fixed on my end now, but I haven't had a chance to upload it.

BTW, how you save is press the F or escape key. It'll bring up a ring menu, from which you should select the save option (it's a blue arrow).

Also, I've fixed that stair bug now, lol. Along with a few others that might screw you over. So I'd suggest redownloading the game. You'll get the one that does a better job at explaining itself, and has the arrow button bound to N instead of Z (for easier holding whilst walking)

Glad a friend asked me to put in a way to help him find his way through the house. It seems to consistently be a maze to everyone. XD Everyone keeps commenting on how much they like the arrow :P

Thanks for playing :D I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! I really hope you like it enough to make it to the end. :3 If not, please tell me at which point the game lost you. I'm planning on polishing it up, so negative feedback is particularly helpful! (though I do love me some positive feedback as well :P)

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
  • Current Mood: creative creative
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 12:45:38 AM »

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Let's just consider he don't want to use stairs to go up,
He use the stair handrail instead :P

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Let's just consider he don't want to use stairs to go up,
He use the stair handrail instead :P

=_= okay....

@legacyblade: I'm still playing the game :D I think I'll stick with this one for now and not download the new one... since I already started and have saved... I'll continue making comments as I go!
-Elke-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
Ok :3 though your save should work in the updated version.

But if you're gonna keep that one, here are some known bugs:

• spelling errors in every textbox :P
  • If you load a save  from the main hub area, your teammates will follow you around (Even when you're interacting with one of those teammates in a social link cutscene.
  • When level grinding, be VERY careful once you hit eight level. I typed one of the numbers wrong, so the enemies you fight after eight level are a bit OP :P
  • Lee is a real man and walks up handrails instead of steps[/i]
    • Pressing J while looking at the fire in the hub area brings up the load menu
    • Those two arrows to the left of the front door will sometimes make you walk exponentially further than you're supposed to making you get stuck on a wall. (Stay away from those death arrows o.o)

Glad you're still playing it though. :D I hope ya like the ending!

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
Oh! If the save should work in both maybe I'll just download the new one? But then I'll have to wait OTL

.-. I'm too lazy, I'll just do my best to avoid the bugs in the current version.

Wait that sounds like a lot more work.

Nevermind I'll just redownload it ^U^
-Elke-

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
As I was playing (redownloaded by the way), I found another bug? I went into Lee's room for fun and now I can't get out
-_-

-Elke-

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »
WOW I just finished it! And I really liked it! One of my favorite things were the decisions you had to make! Some of the times I just sat there thinking "Well, goshdernit! I'm not qualified to make these decisions!" XDD I watched the credits thinking out of all the things I could've done to procrastinate homework, this was definitly the best choice. (Going to go replay and try to get the other ending).

So I have compiled a list of things I noticed along the way, things I thought were good and things I think can be improved on. Which you open first is up to you :D

Pros

-Really enjoyed the storyline
-Choices were difficult (especially that last one!) which made it really appealing
-Emotional appeal was good
-Liked the idea with improving relationships and how that worked!
-Appealing graphics and great music add a lot to the atmosphere

Cons

-A lot of controls to remember, had a little difficulty remembering which buttons did what
-Couldn't figure out what was the health bar and what the bell things were and what the blue bar was till the very end of the game
-A little difficult to read white text. For example:
[spoiler]

-Not really a con but when you die and it "Game Over" it stays on that screen. Maybe it should go back to the main menu?
[/spoiler]

Bugs?

-When I go to augment equipment and it asks if I want to augment that piece "yes or no", it doesn't matter if I click no or yes, it still augments it and uses up the nightmare essence...
-Intense lag whenever a choice needed to be made. For example:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
-Elke-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
@Elke, gah x.x I thought I'd found all the door bugs that cropped up after I switched to blizzABS (it treats passibility a bit differetly in certain situations). I'll have to fix that one too!

I'm really glad you liked it though :D Though you'll be a bit disappointed with the other ending >.> I didn't actually have time to put it in. So a Tromuli is like "nuh, dun do that! Iz bad idea." and it puts you into the other ending. Something I'm going to be fixing in the coming month.

-Really enjoyed the storyline
-Choices were difficult (especially that last one!) which made it really appealing
-Emotional appeal was good
-Liked the idea with improving relationships and how that worked!
-Appealing graphics and great music add a lot to the atmosphere

-A lot of controls to remember, had a little difficulty remembering which buttons did what
-Couldn't figure out what was the health bar and what the bell things were and what the blue bar was till the very end of the game
-A little difficult to read white text.
Yeah, I'm planning on having it drop in a little picture with a reminder of the basic controls every time you start a battle (similar to how it shows WSAD every time you can control again. Credit to Roxaszu for the idea). And I've been hearing that a lot about the white text. It seems I should switch it to black text when the Tromuli and...errr...tutorial speak. (maybe dark blue for Tromuli and black for tutorial/thoughts). And I guess I should explain the health and mana bar lol. Maybe I'll have little heads of whoever you're controlling for the health, to make it clearer.

-Not really a con but when you die and it "Game Over" it stays on that screen. Maybe it should go back to the main menu?

How strange o.o it shouldn't do that.

-When I go to augment equipment and it asks if I want to augment that piece "yes or no", it doesn't matter if I click no or yes, it still augments it and uses up the nightmare essence...
Aye, that's a bug. Don't know how I managed to miss that. I'll have to point it out to my scripter.

Not sure why that's going on. Do you lag during battles too? Or just choices? (if the latter, that's even stranger o.o)

I'm glad that all worked well for you :3 I took a lot of inspiration from Quintessence and Persona (quintessence for the directing style, persona for most of the gameplay), so it seems I picked good sources to draw on :D

Elke

• Tier 3
  • hiyo~ I'm kinda back?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 10:21:28 PM »
@Elke, gah x.x I thought I'd found all the door bugs that cropped up after I switched to blizzABS (it treats passibility a bit differetly in certain situations). I'll have to fix that one too!

I'm really glad you liked it though :D Though you'll be a bit disappointed with the other ending >.> I didn't actually have time to put it in. So a Tromuli is like "nuh, dun do that! Iz bad idea." and it puts you into the other ending. Something I'm going to be fixing in the coming month.

Awwh :< But if you end up adding the second ending, reupload it! I would love to see how that would've played out.

Yeah, I'm planning on having it drop in a little picture with a reminder of the basic controls every time you start a battle (similar to how it shows WSAD every time you can control again. Credit to Roxaszu for the idea). And I've been hearing that a lot about the white text. It seems I should switch it to black text when the Tromuli and...errr...tutorial speak. (maybe dark blue for Tromuli and black for tutorial/thoughts). And I guess I should explain the health and mana bar lol. Maybe I'll have little heads of whoever you're controlling for the health, to make it clearer.

Ooh, I think that's a good idea with the text, because the first time I saw the Tromuli talk I thought it was the tutorial XD Little heads would be hilarious XD But it may work!

Aye, that's a bug. Don't know how I managed to miss that. I'll have to point it out to my scripter.

Not sure why that's going on. Do you lag during battles too? Or just choices? (if the latter, that's even stranger o.o)

It only happened during choices O_O...

I'm glad that all worked well for you :3 I took a lot of inspiration from Quintessence and Persona (quintessence for the directing style, persona for most of the gameplay), so it seems I picked good sources to draw on :D

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but I loved the way you ended the story. I don't know how to explain it >,< But I like the circularity, how things mentioned previously are continuously important... ajskdl ANYWAYS I really liked it :D T^T Good job! Wish you the best in the competition! I will definitly vote for your game
-Elke-

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2014, 01:26:54 AM »
Awwh :< But if you end up adding the second ending, reupload it! I would love to see how that would've played out.

Oh I am going to ^.^ I'm going to be adding three more endings. It's actually kinda lucky I couldn't fit it, because someone gave me a really good idea that I'm going to incorporate in the "shoot the tree" ending.

Ooh, I think that's a good idea with the text, because the first time I saw the Tromuli talk I thought it was the tutorial XD Little heads would be hilarious XD But it may work!

Aye. When Lee thinks, the Tromuli talk, or we get tutorial, it's the same. lol. I think tutorial will be a centered textbox with no name, lee thinking will be white or black text without a box (the color depends on the background), and dark/light blue text (depending on the background) will be Tromuli. I even get confused sometimes, and I have most of the game memorized by now XD

It only happened during choices O_O...
That's so freaking weird...well I'm having my scripter change the choice window, so maybe that'll fix it :3

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but I loved the way you ended the story. I don't know how to explain it >,< But I like the circularity, how things mentioned previously are continuously important... ajskdl ANYWAYS I really liked it :D T^T Good job! Wish you the best in the competition! I will definitly vote for your game
Thanks :3 I'm really glad you like it. I liked it when I came up with it, but after seeing it so many times it's hard to tell if it's good or not. So hearing that helps me be confident in the vision I had :3

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2014, 04:01:57 AM »
So,
I don't know if this is the ending, but after the word "True Ending" there is another ending, "Error ending"
script 'Tons of Addons Part 2' line 1335 : SystemStackError Occured
Stack level too deep

I don't know,
But I like my name in the credit somehow :P (Both here and at the last word),
So, Up for another project ?

Legacyblade

• 発行所は頑張って下さい!
  • Mod-Suspect
  • Tier 7
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »
I'm guessing you pressed f12 to reset XD It's a well known problem if you're using any scripts that alias certain bits  of code (as reseting doesn't properly reset all the bits of code). There are some work arounds, but I didn't have enough time to add them in and test lol.

And you are in the credits :P I put you under "Tested by"

And what you mean up for another project? lol

Roxaszu

• Tier 7
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2014, 01:44:33 PM »
I'm guessing you pressed f12 to reset XD It's a well known problem if you're using any scripts that alias certain bits  of code (as reseting doesn't properly reset all the bits of code). There are some work arounds, but I didn't have enough time to add them in and test lol.

And you are in the credits :P I put you under "Tested by"

And what you mean up for another project? lol
Yeah, you're right :P
I just wanna to try another option, therefore I press f12 :P

Yeah, Thx, I saw that  :'(

I mean, do you have "Next Project" that you want to make after this one ?